Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Dude on Reddit saying him and his brother are still grandfathered into annual moviepass plan even though brother watched 20 movies. I have 24 and that was good enough for them but I'm also in a non flyover state so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

First movie in the mystery marathon was After Hours, which I love. Was a 35mm print clearly from the original release and the wear and tear seemed to fit it perfectly.

After Hours is lowkey my favorite Scorsese flick so it sounds like the marathon is off to a great start. That'd be dope if the theme of the night is "movies that take place over one night."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Double feature idea:

After Hours x 48 Hrs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Second movie was The Odd Couple, which makes sense (RIP Neil Simon 💔). I’d never seen it before, and it was neat but imo the opening half-hour with the poker gang in the apartment is so much better than the rest.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Almost Blue posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how they would have never seen Milla Jovovich in another movie.

The Fourth Kind framed the movie as a dramatization of real events, Milla Jovovich introduces herself and says as much in the trailer. I never saw it, but I remember seeing the trailer in theaters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25ZUxTURis

ruddiger posted:

After Hours is lowkey my favorite Scorsese flick so it sounds like the marathon is off to a great start. That'd be dope if the theme of the night is "movies that take place over one night."

I love After Hours and that would be an absolutely sick theme for a marathon.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Double feature idea:

After Hours x 48 Hrs.

I'm gonna try this sometime.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Power of Pecota posted:

The Fourth Kind framed the movie as a dramatization of real events, Milla Jovovich introduces herself and says as much in the trailer. I never saw it, but I remember seeing the trailer in theaters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25ZUxTURis

You'd still have to be really loving stupid to think anything in that movie actually happened.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The Fourth Kind isn’t a movie about aliens; it’s about unreliable narration, misleading documentary techniques, apophenia, and truth being stranger than fiction.

Blaming everything on aliens is banal, but a series of mundane events and misunderstandings that culminate in a woman being accidentally hypnotized into snapping her own spine in half? Well, that’s a good story. Fourth Kind has a lot in common with The Visit in this sense.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The first paranormal activity is real and you can't convince me otherwise.

https://youtu.be/HNm9701Qo_U?t=4m

The delivery of that "gently caress" is unimpeachable.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

The universe must hate me or something. After a massive snowstorm kept me from seeing a screening of The Passion of Joan of Arc back in March I was on my way to a different screening of it tonight when my car's engine started acting up.

Might've hosed up my car but I still got to see it. No fate but what what we make for ourselves.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
What could it be?

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 27, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i hate the word yautja

please don't call predators yautja. It's stupid and lame and those poor creatures have been through enough sad garbage.

Like this. Oh my this gave me some douche chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6AU6rKOdFA

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Third movie is Rollerball, a science fiction sports movie from the 70s starring James Caan. It’s.....well I’ve gone to get some breakfast

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had a dusk-till-dawn themed movie series planned, I think it was like After Hours, From Dusk Til Dawn (natch), Collateral, and a few others. What am I missing?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Changeling was dece. Now I'm Crisco'd up with a finger in my rear end about to watch Branded To Kill. The Hot Wheels DLC for Forza is choice. Very San Francisco Rush.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Escobarbarian posted:

Third movie is Rollerball, a science fiction sports movie from the 70s starring James Caan. It’s.....well I’ve gone to get some breakfast

Rollerball owns

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had a dusk-till-dawn themed movie series planned, I think it was like After Hours, From Dusk Til Dawn (natch), Collateral, and a few others. What am I missing?

GREEN ROOM

Is Evil Dead 1 set over a single night? It's been a good while.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Krazyface posted:

GREEN ROOM

Yes, the last shot is right when daylight comes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Krazyface posted:

GREEN ROOM

I am almost certain there are at least two nights.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Oh my God this is so much worse than the Barnum thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtVdPeddeqo

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh my God this is so much worse than the Barnum thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtVdPeddeqo

Christ. Yeah. At least Barnum is an important sack of poo poo; he did invent modern exploitation entertainment after all. What the gently caress did Errol Flynn do besides ponce around in puffy shirts and rape women?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Budgie Jumping posted:

Christ. Yeah. At least Barnum is an important sack of poo poo; he did invent modern exploitation entertainment after all. What the gently caress did Errol Flynn do besides ponce around in puffy shirts and rape women?

Slavery

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty sure this was a deliberate call on his part, the timing of him stopping treatment is insanely weird otherwise.

He could have retired rather than die if this was his intention

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Deadly Friend is real weird, y'all.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Deadly Friend is the Craven movie that convinced me of how great he is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fourth movie was Go, the Doug Liman flick from 1999. I really liked it! I get the feeling it’s definitely been called Pulp Fiction Jr. or something at times, but I thought it was very funny and entertaining. Just one more to go!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I am almost certain there are at least two nights.

There's not unless you're adding in Evil Dead 2, which we don't see come back around to day time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

There's not unless you're adding in Evil Dead 2, which we don't see come back around to day time.

I really got the impression that the night where the woods call out to Shelly (I think?) was a different night than the one where the demon stuff really starts going nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's one night. Evil Dead 2 is two nights. Unless you don't count the opening which was just a reshot recap of the first.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Final film was RUMBLE IN THE BRONX which was a perfectly ridiculous way to end this marathon.

So the five movies were:

After Hours (35mm)
The Odd Couple (DCP)
Rollerball (35mm)
Go (DCP)
Rumble in the Bronx (35mm)

Can’t think of any connection or theme between the five, but it was a hell of a night. I hope the PCC do more in the future, this was the first one they’ve done in years.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 27, 2018

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Has anyone seen new Predator yet

It's literally the only thing I've seen in sept releases that I would keep my moviepass open for

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It doesn’t come out until Sept 14th

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Idk one of you always has an uncle at fox

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There was a screening but haven’t heard much. I think it was a test though. I read the script and liked it. It’s pretty fun.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

Idk one of you always has an uncle at fox

No, you’re thinking of Nintendo.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

Captain Blood and Robin Hood are awesome movies.

Flynn was still a piece of poo poo, though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Im Evil Dead 2 Ash gets possessed early on and is only freed because the sun comes up. He then sleeps through the day and barely manages to get back to the cabin before dark. Two nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why does no one ever have an Aunt that worked at Nintendo?

• Locked thread