Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

selling some Lego on eBay. gently caress eBay. Never using this trash site again.

Sorry thats barely lego related lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Wait, how are the Series 26 minifigs on sale already? Lego.com still only has them as preorders till 1st June.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

deoju posted:

There's going to be a Nazgul on Fell Beast w/ 3 minifigs GWP that comes with Barad Dur.

Having dope sets as GWPs sucks donkey balls.

:homebrew:

fffffuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk

I'm usually good with this stuff but this is my kryptonite

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

selling some Lego on eBay. gently caress eBay. Never using this trash site again.

Sorry thats barely lego related lol

direct sale here is easiest and it gets worse the bigger the site

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

SadisTech posted:

Wait, how are the Series 26 minifigs on sale already? Lego.com still only has them as preorders till 1st June.

They officially launched in stores on the first. Our store in Austin had them ready to go last Wednesday.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I bought and built the Dark Horse Mustang today, it’s very cool. Not too many stickers either, unlike some of the other recent kits.

I like the interior because they included the driveshaft hump, small detail but neat to include it. The shape of it is nice and it has some nice angles in the body, interesting boot (trunk) build and an interesting bonnet (hood) - I thought it was meant to be a shaker hood but apparently not from looking at pictures of the actual car. I don’t love the look of the front end with the big air intakes but it seems true to life, thinking about how i can maybe flatten it out a bit while keeping to the dark blue pieces.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That tuxedo cat set definitely has some angles where it looks great and some where it looks like a robot cat. Especially the hind quarters.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Think I'll call it done for my newest train. A GWR Class 4500, in GWR livery this time. Pretty happy with the scale and detail. Working with dark green was a real pain, there are so many pieces that are either unavailable or very rare. Not happy with the cylinders but I couldn't come up with anything better that didn't make the train wider than 8 studs (the maximum that will fit past the platform). Build is pretty robust except for the smokebox door. It's also motorised with a circuit bluetooth cube and motor.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Infinitum posted:

I'm glad his lego got destroyed

I hope it all went in the bin

My somewhat unstable ex-wife threw my Intergalactic Command Base in the trash in a fit of rage once. The kicker was she wasn't even mad at me, she was mad at our kids (I was gone at work).

Picking out the pieces was gross but it was due for a bath anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

direct sale here is easiest and it gets worse the bigger the site

Yeah I've mostly been selling on FB marketplace and it's been fine. I just listed a couple on eBay that were sealed, high value small sets cause they would be hard to sell locally. I punched in one tracking number wrong and instead of letting me correct it eBay is just holding on to my $400 for the next month even though the buyers have received the items and are happy. Infuriating. I won't use them again

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Ordered a second 6-pack of the new minifigures, got the same 6 as the first box I got. I'm not what the best scenario is that won't make things too time consuming for lego but I'd love if each box was randomized and guaranteed not to have duplicates.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I've mostly been selling on FB marketplace and it's been fine. I just listed a couple on eBay that were sealed, high value small sets cause they would be hard to sell locally. I punched in one tracking number wrong and instead of letting me correct it eBay is just holding on to my $400 for the next month even though the buyers have received the items and are happy. Infuriating. I won't use them again

I typically only use USPS Priority because they have a 15%-22% discount and it automatically populates everything. Everything that I've sold thus far has fit into a flat rate box. I also really like the convenience of not having to hunt down a box. What a hate about eBay is that they take so much in fees.

I didn't see you make a post on SA-Mart, only on here. I think I've sold things to people who've never been on this thread.

I'm currently in the process of hunting down some Ninjago modulars.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Just trawled absolutely everywhere I can think of and Series 26 just ain't available in Aus yet. Unless I pay an absolute premium for a curated set on Ebay. Man this stuff is frustrating.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hate waiting, too. In the meantime, buy some others LEGO you don't need. That will make the time and your $$ go away faster.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1789279412145230165

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Over the weekend, I was helping my parents clean out their clutter in the attic and basement, and I brought home a giant tub of old Lego that I didn't realize they had kept in the attic. They're dirty, though, so I want to clean them before I sort through and add them to our collection for the kids to play with. The link in the OP mentions Top Loading washers only. Could I feasibly clean them in a Front Load washer or even a dishwasher? This is a lot of Lego and cleaning by hand would take me a long time. I don't believe there are any full sets of classic models, just a lot of partial sets and loose pieces my mom picked up from garage sales when we were kids. I don't care too much if pieces get banged up or broken because my parents would have sold them for pennies on FB marketplace eventually anyway.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Over the weekend, I was helping my parents clean out their clutter in the attic and basement, and I brought home a giant tub of old Lego that I didn't realize they had kept in the attic. They're dirty, though, so I want to clean them before I sort through and add them to our collection for the kids to play with. The link in the OP mentions Top Loading washers only. Could I feasibly clean them in a Front Load washer or even a dishwasher? This is a lot of Lego and cleaning by hand would take me a long time. I don't believe there are any full sets of classic models, just a lot of partial sets and loose pieces my mom picked up from garage sales when we were kids. I don't care too much if pieces get banged up or broken because my parents would have sold them for pennies on FB marketplace eventually anyway.

You might just be better off washing them in a bath?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I've washed multiple loads of Lego in the dishwasher. just laid them out on a towel afterwards to air dry

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m excited for the Deku Tree since I loved the Switch era Zeldas and if the rumors are true you can build it like the one in BOTW/TOTK

I’m also very happy that the Mercedes cars are in that August 1 drop are part of Speed Champions so it means that they’re affordable!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Delicates bags are good for washing Lego.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Delicates bags are good for washing Lego.

yeah this is what I use too. pretty much load up the bags, toss them in the dishwasher and let it run. I'll spread them out to make sure they all get evenly washed. you can run them through a salad spinner if you want them to dry faster but I just leave them out overnight

I've heard of people using washing machines. I'd be afraid of antennae and such getting snapped during the process

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Thanks all. I'll go the route of putting them in laundry bags in the dishwasher.

Edit: VVVVV or maybe I'll try both and see which one cleans better?

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 14, 2024

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

You can do it in a front loader. Do on gentle and double bag them. Assuming you are using dryer bags.

I wrote the thing in the OP and got a new washer since. So I gave it a shot and it works. But buyer beware and all that.

I'd avoid the dishwasher. They aren't going to get as clean, or clean at all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dishwasher will do okay, it relies on hot water a lot more than the washing machine so grime will get softened a bit better and rinsed off. I wouldn't say it's better than a washing machine but it will definitely put less wear on the pieces and is probably only a little less effective.

I'd remove all transparent pieces if putting my bricks in a washing machine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You don't want to wash your LEGO in hot water, though.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

ChesterJT posted:

Ordered a second 6-pack of the new minifigures, got the same 6 as the first box I got. I'm not what the best scenario is that won't make things too time consuming for lego but I'd love if each box was randomized and guaranteed not to have duplicates.

Just get the app and run by Target or Kohls or some other chain. I was thinking of what you did but figured I’d try the iOS app and dodged a bunch of duplicates of ones I was not jazzed about.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

what is the app?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For iOS, use omgbricks, it’s a virtually instant scanner, and can do 4 at once.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

You don't want to wash your LEGO in hot water, though.

oh my dishwasher takes cold water. I can set the temp and turn off heated drying, which is a waste of money anyway. I've washed several lots this way and they've come out pristine. like you do you but it does work

transparents look sick when they are fresh and reflect a lot of light

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

oh my dishwasher takes cold water. I can set the temp and turn off heated drying, which is a waste of money anyway. I've washed several lots this way and they've come out pristine. like you do you but it does work

transparents look sick when they are fresh and reflect a lot of light

What I don’t understand is why you guys aren’t licking your legos clean, like god intended.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Barad-dûr set leaked

5471 pieces, 10 minifigs with Frodo Sam Gollum Sauron the mouthpiece guy and a bunch of generic orcs. Expected to retail around $490

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Does anyone have experience with Minibricks? They have an STi that is the best one I've seen so far, but it still isn't "great". Prices seem good, just wondering about quality. Thanks, fellow nerds.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Barad-dûr set leaked

5471 pieces, 10 minifigs with Frodo Sam Gollum Sauron the mouthpiece guy and a bunch of generic orcs. Expected to retail around $490

The official reveal is out for it now..
https://twitter.com/NewElementary/status/1790369848993952233

sim
Sep 24, 2003

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-lord-of-the-rings-barad-dur-10333

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Look at me the way you look at your lego barad dur.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Barad Dur: the original, fantastic, theme song for Jurassic Park

Felbeast GWP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_blZhvI2A

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

xzzy posted:

Look at me the way you look at your lego barad dur.

I expected to hate it but wow it looks amazing. Not as good as rivendell from pictures but still.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I sent it to my wife and she was like "did you order that for me?"
Me: "well... I don't have anywhere to put it I still haven't build like 3 huge sets for this reason"
Her: "Put it in my office upstairs"
Me: :getin:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks good imo. Not over the top great though.

The Fell Beast is a little underwhelming, but I don't know how to sculpt the head at that scale any better, and I'm generally opposed to single use molds for things like that. Also sometimes I wish there was another color between Black and Dark Bluish Grey. I think this set could benefit from that.

I compared my old Mouth of Sauron to this one. They have different prints and molds.

deoju fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

That base is fat as hell and gives it a really wide and deep footprint for a vertical set

You need a lot of space to display it