Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Recipe for boiled peanut hummus so we can start the boiled peanut derail again :haw:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/boiled-peanut-hummus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Intruder posted:

Recipe for boiled peanut hummus so we can start the boiled peanut derail again :haw:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/boiled-peanut-hummus

:stare:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I love robits and think they’re awesome, but those Boston Dynamics bots are for sure going to be used for some heinous poo poo, even before they become self aware.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ChefclubNetwork/status/1343905860515471360?s=19
https://twitter.com/ChefclubNetwork/status/1343906614919782400?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That popped up in my twitter timeline two posts below this one

https://twitter.com/MarySafroArt/status/1344052155230150656?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How's TFF sick chat thread crew doing? I know we have Kalli, Fiz, Timby and someone else I'm forgetting.

Anyway I've spent today feeling like rear end. Don't think it's the covid, but I've just been sitting here all day not wanting to move other than when I really have to move for the bathroom. Basically my existence is just sitting here and sighing deeply when I run out of water and contemplate getting more other than the bathroom bits.

Hope you guys who were feeling bad are doing better, or at least there are no more limbs turning alarming shades if that's not an option.

e: oh Leper duh, I think there was someone else too?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 30, 2020

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
So I have a planned vacation next week to go back to Louisiana and see a friend and some family. Just got word that the family memebers spent Christmas with a Covid positive person so I'm staying in Kentucky and just going to day drink instead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got a scratch in my throat and sometimes some mild congestion. Video dr. appt tomorrow, covid test thursday, my wife is staying home from work as a precaution. If I've got it, it sure seems like it'll be a mild case. I still feel healthy enough to do yardwork.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

this looks like one of those music videos that popped around 2005 with people showing off their CGI skills, especially the unnatural way the quadruped keeps its head in place. It's too perfect.

edit: actually the quadruped keeping its head in place looks more like 80s stop motion

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

this looks like one of those music videos that popped around 2005 with people showing off their CGI skills, especially the unnatural way the quadruped keeps its head in place. It's too perfect.

edit: actually the quadruped keeping its head in place looks more like 80s stop motion

https://twitter.com/GraceSpelman/status/1343558585536679936?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

All that and using beef instead of pork. :mediocre:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know those cooking videos are all lies, but there is absolutely no way that was cooked at 350 for 50 minutes. That pineapple looks barely cooked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know those cooking videos are all lies, but there is absolutely no way that was cooked at 350 for 50 minutes. That pineapple looks barely cooked.

Pineapple doesn't really change its appearance much when being cooked unless all the juice dries out and it starts to crisp.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jackbox tonight at the usual time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/NfxPfnP9

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

Jackbox tonight at the usual time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/NfxPfnP9

Hot dang I may join tonight.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

Pineapple doesn't really change its appearance much when being cooked unless all the juice dries out and it starts to crisp.

I meant it still looks kind of hard. I would think pineapple in the oven for 50 minutes would be really soft.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

How's TFF sick chat thread crew doing? I know we have Kalli, Fiz, Timby and someone else I'm forgetting.

Anyway I've spent today feeling like rear end. Don't think it's the covid, but I've just been sitting here all day not wanting to move other than when I really have to move for the bathroom. Basically my existence is just sitting here and sighing deeply when I run out of water and contemplate getting more other than the bathroom bits.

Hope you guys who were feeling bad are doing better, or at least there are no more limbs turning alarming shades if that's not an option.

e: oh Leper duh, I think there was someone else too?

I'm good, my fever broke the next day and I was completely fine. Just incredibly sick on Christmas, then perfectly fine, was extremely weird.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Less dancing, more driving my car!!!

:colbert:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

This is the least offensive thing they've made on that channel. I don't see much difference in this and a "Hawaiian" burger. It's just not served on a bun. I do think it'd be better with ground pork or ham, but I'd eat that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm through it.

Cough and chest pain is almost gone

weird nausea at times but other than that im fine

thanks for asking

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Made tamales today for the first time on my own with the wife and kiddo. Traditional pork and and some with grilled corn, grilled Anaheim chiles and queso fresco.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 30, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I used to get tamales in Oakland from a Oaxacan place and they had both corn husk wrapped ones and banana leaf ones, and now I need to find another place that wraps them in banana leaves.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm through it.

That's awesome. Sounds like we just have to get Timby through his hell (or at least the current version) and everyone's doing ok.

Other than my toilet, which is still going through rough times but I don't think they'll last.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Today I learned that some people eat tamales with a fork

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I used to get tamales in Oakland from a Oaxacan place and they had both corn husk wrapped ones and banana leaf ones, and now I need to find another place that wraps them in banana leaves.

they blew up the local oaxaca place to put a chipotle in. those things are wild though, look in the box expecting the regular ones and it looks like a giant bug basically

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Made an appointment two weeks ago to get my snow tires put on my car today, which coincidentally happened to be right before we started getting 8"+ of snow. Having AWD and true snow tires owns

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

Sometimes I just shovel them into my face straight from the husk, other times I enjoy them one bite at a time.

HEB has banana leaves that I plan to try out in the future.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

iwentdoodie posted:

...what else would you eat them with :ohdear:?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

a spork silly

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Your family who loves you and misses you. :smith:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 30, 2020

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

iwentdoodie posted:

unhinging my jaw and shoving it straight down my gullet just like Linda Lovelace

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm watching episodes of twilight zone I've never seen before and man I just hit one nobody's mentioned before and I'm disturbed!

A like 9 year old girl and a bunch of boys are playing with this magical old man, also she has a huge leg brace. Eventually she goes home and gets carried in by Old Ben and you find out her foster mom is a total bitch. Then the fuzz show up, and ask about Old Ben, Gimpy escapes to his apartment and warns him, and he hides himself in her vision, only reappearing once safely back in her bedroom. He reveals he's a fugitive from space and that he's running away, but first he removes her leg brace and massages her leg to heal it. He disappears, cops bust in and zap her unconscious with a space ray. Jump forward a day, Old Ben comes back as a fly to see her again, reveals the cops were his subjects and he's a King. She wants to go with him, he says no, gets a minute alone with her and turns into a clone of her so she has to go with him. They go offscreen as Serling says the King's coming home with a new Queen.

I have never seen so many red flags in an episode of television in my life.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've always just unpeeled and eaten them that way. Never actually put em on a plate that I can think of.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

I'm watching episodes of twilight zone I've never seen before and man I just hit one nobody's mentioned before and I'm disturbed!

A like 9 year old girl and a bunch of boys are playing with this magical old man, also she has a huge leg brace. Eventually she goes home and gets carried in by Old Ben and you find out her foster mom is a total bitch. Then the fuzz show up, and ask about Old Ben, Gimpy escapes to his apartment and warns him, and he hides himself in her vision, only reappearing once safely back in her bedroom. He reveals he's a fugitive from space and that he's running away, but first he removes her leg brace and massages her leg to heal it. He disappears, cops bust in and zap her unconscious with a space ray. Jump forward a day, Old Ben comes back as a fly to see her again, reveals the cops were his subjects and he's a King. She wants to go with him, he says no, gets a minute alone with her and turns into a clone of her so she has to go with him. They go offscreen as Serling says the King's coming home with a new Queen.

I have never seen so many red flags in an episode of television in my life.

So how does this relate to the atomic bomb?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Know the title of the episode?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

unhinging my jaw and shoving it straight down my gullet just like Linda Lovelace
Hands tied behind my back and shoving my face into a pile of tamales like a pie eating contest

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Know the title of the episode?

The Fugitive, season 3

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was thinking about checking it out to see if I got the same vibe but that photo combined with your story has more than creeped me out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was thinking about checking it out to see if I got the same vibe but that photo combined with your story has more than creeped me out.

The first third is just schmaltzy kids stuff and probably why I just skipped it in the past, but man once they get back to the building they live at....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
This is why I watched The Outer Limits instead.