Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Taeke posted:

Is grifting really that easy, at least in the US? Like just learn some of the jargon, you don't even really have to understand it, find a new angle or niche (optional) and start yelling stupid (right wing) poo poo loudly and consistently enough and you'll get followers who provide you with an income soon enough?

You don't even have to be American, do you? As a Dutch man I could think of a gimmick, get a twitter account and some way to rake in the money like patreon or whatever, start lying my balls off and as long as I take out half an hour or so of my day to post stupid poo poo, the more offensive the better, I'd have some extra steady income. Hell, I wouldn't even attach my name to it, could do all of it under a pseudonym, and if things go south just disappear and start a new gimmick.

If only I wasn't a decent person, life would be so much easier.

there's a hundred nobody wannabes for every successful grifter, if you look at all the actual names in the game like Shapiro they either started with a platform as previously stated or were astroturfed by wealthy social connections; there's no simple formula, much like breaking out in show business there's a tremendous element of simple luck and being in the right place at the right time

being a sociopath is no guarantee of success, there are plenty of loser failure sociopaths, it's merely one ingredient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wheeee posted:

there's a hundred nobody wannabes for every successful grifter, if you look at all the actual names in the game like Shapiro they either started with a platform as previously stated or were astroturfed by wealthy social connections; there's no simple formula, much like breaking out in show business there's a tremendous element of simple luck and being in the right place at the right time

being a sociopath is no guarantee of success, there are plenty of loser failure sociopaths, it's merely one ingredient

"rich family" also seems to be an important factor

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The fact that there are an effectively infinite amount of bright-eyed strivers trying to become the next Ben Shapiro or Ann Coulter means that every single person can be replaced, so if you slip up or anger the wrong person or are generally embarassing, you're basically kicked off the gravy train with no way back on, as people like Laura Loomer and Kent State Gun Girl and Baked Alaska have discovered.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Lmfao, how much more owned can you get?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FMguru posted:

The fact that there are an effectively infinite amount of bright-eyed strivers trying to become the next Ben Shapiro or Ann Coulter means that every single person can be replaced, so if you slip up or anger the wrong person or are generally embarassing, you're basically kicked off the gravy train with no way back on, as people like Laura Loomer and Kent State Gun Girl and Baked Alaska have discovered.

And of course all these people recognise that they're competition and so keep up fake smiles while trying to knife each other at the first opportunity. Same thing with liberal grifters, it's Mean Girls games all the way down.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

wait he's back in the eastern european medical system again??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Always has been

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

KoRMaK posted:

Always has been

always will be. he will never be seen alive again.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And of course all these people recognise that they're competition and so keep up fake smiles while trying to knife each other at the first opportunity. Same thing with liberal grifters, it's Mean Girls games all the way down.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol imagine if Jordan Petergriffin having this double existential crisis caused him to rethink his life as a right wing grifter.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

pls dont post pics of ben shapiros sister in cspam

ikanreed posted:

Lol imagine if Jordan Petergriffin having this double existential crisis caused him to rethink his life as a right wing grifter.

his life as a right wing grifter is why he's able to afford to live in rehab and be showered with attention whenever he wants, without it he'd just be a loser addict falling apart in a lovely little house

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

he can't rethink it because he can't think. his daughter had him lobotomized in that shady Russian "clinic." he's jack nicholson at the end of Cuckoo's Nest.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

uber_stoat posted:

he can't rethink it because he can't think. his daughter had him lobotomized in that shady Russian "clinic." he's jack nicholson at the end of Cuckoo's Nest.

I admit, that would own more.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

uber_stoat posted:

Lmao he got lobotomized?!??!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

drat she really took that all meat diet a little too far

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Plank Walker posted:

drat she really took that all meat diet a little too far
It is every child's ultimate Freudian desire to devour their father's pineal gland.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Didn’t he seem lucid in that video they released recently? I only watched a few seconds tbh but it seemed like he was much better off than people assumed

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Herman Cain and Jordan Peterson... heaven's going to have one heck of a band!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol she posted barefoot in the kitchen pics and all her fashfans jizzed all over the comments section

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

change my name posted:

**in an extremely Walter-and-Perry voice **
"999!"
"Clean your room, bucko!"
"999!"
"999!"
"999!"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

change my name posted:

they've gone on to the big meat lover's pie in the sky

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Snowy posted:

Didn’t he seem lucid in that video they released recently? I only watched a few seconds tbh but it seemed like he was much better off than people assumed

yeah, he seemed ok in the last video his daughter posted, i just think the idea of her giving him the icepick and stealing all his money is funny.

Taintrunner posted:

lol she posted barefoot in the kitchen pics and all her fashfans jizzed all over the comments section

showed ankles and toes, harlot!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is that Lil' Ben's sister? The one who got famous for her nudes / huge tits?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Why is she opening her eyes so wide? It looks so weird and it's bothering me so much :psyduck:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why is she opening her eyes so wide? It looks so weird and it's bothering me so much :psyduck:

i've seen multiple ads for her channel featuring thumbnails like that, she just has the crazyeyes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pththya-lyi posted:

Pandering to the Shocked Face! thumbnail algorithm on YouTube but with a chaste closed mouth.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pththya-lyi posted:

She got the bug eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnaumEHJa8

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Those are some fuckin crazy eyes holy poo poo

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
she doesn't always look like that, she just seems to like doing it for the video thumbs. it's her version of Soy Face.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

steinrokkan posted:

Is that Lil' Ben's sister? The one who got famous for her nudes / huge tits?

If I were the sister of a prominent conservative grifter and trying to make modesty my whole thing, I would simply not make a bunch of sex tapes

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lobok posted:

Pandering to the Shocked Face! thumbnail algorithm on YouTube but with a chaste closed mouth.

what a world

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Little Ben is so much better at that tradwife drag persona thing he's doing than he is at being a political pundit

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

bro trust me

https://twitter.com/YEASTY_COMMIE/status/1291298519568048128

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lol

https://twitter.com/YEASTY_COMMIE/status/1291302655743197184?s=20

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's actually going to be Russian Empire III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Paladinus posted:

Was it Aisling Bea? Because that was probably a joke. People are aware of the old meaning, much like people know queer also means strange, and gay means joyful, but they don't normally use it that way anymore.

It was not her but I can imagine she was probably going for a similar joke then