Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Apoplexy posted:

Also new on Nerdist is a Matt Braunger podcast that's about 15ish minutes long each episode. I love Braunger, so I don't care if it's 15 minutes or 150 per episode.

Also, did anyone watch Norm's video podcast last night? Because I'm curious if they just took a week off or if they're really late on posting the episode for non-live viewing on YouTube right now.

I went to check just now, because he kept tweeting about having Kevin Nealon on last night. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wlMcTZSAn8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If you follow The Dead Authors Podcast, you'd remember that it skips Chapter 2 for quite some time. Well, good news, it's going to be released 14th of May, complete with all the audio problems! It's Andy Daly, played by Robert Luis Stevenson.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

SpacePig posted:

I went to check just now, because he kept tweeting about having Kevin Nealon on last night. Here it is:

Ohh, finally. Thanks for linking, I'll be enjoying this next hour and change!

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

Also new on Nerdist is a Matt Braunger podcast that's about 15ish minutes long each episode. I love Braunger, so I don't care if it's 15 minutes or 150 per episode.

Also, did anyone watch Norm's video podcast last night? Because I'm curious if they just took a week off or if they're really late on posting the episode for non-live viewing on YouTube right now.

I watched it. They had Kevin Nealon on and a phone call from Super Dave. They've been late before with posting them. It's a great episode.

Did anyone think it was ironic that Billy Bob Thornton was complaining about internet hate when he was so goddamned boring? That woman on the bus is so lucky that he got diarrhea.

But Larry king was riveting. I never thought I would say that sentence unironically.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Apoplexy posted:

On the live show, there was a technical issue with the audio sync, as well as that echoed phone call. Really made the show a lot funnier, IMO.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

a radii hike posted:

On the live show, there was a technical issue with the audio sync, as well as that echoed phone call. Really made the show a lot funnier, IMO.

It definitely plays into Super Dave's bit of slamming the quality of their show. It was another great episode and Nealon really was game for everything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

toanoradian posted:

If you follow The Dead Authors Podcast, you'd remember that it skips Chapter 2 for quite some time. Well, good news, it's going to be released 14th of May, complete with all the audio problems! It's Andy Daly, played by Robert Luis Stevenson.

Oh poo poo. It's about goddamn time. Can't wait.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
You know the lost episode of the Dead Authors podcast?

It'll be out next Tuesday.

;)

edit: Beaten.

Let's just say: if you join the Pod F. Tompkast group on Facebook, Paul reads the poo poo, and he actually obliges his fan's requests.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

SpacePig posted:

This was a really good episode, I really enjoy Kevin Nealon and wish I check out his stuff more often when he was doing clubs near me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Adomian is on Todd Glass, which is always great. Fair warning though, the first 40 minutes are the preachy part.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Adomian is on Todd Glass, which is always great. Fair warning though, the first 40 minutes are the preachy part.

I don't listen to Todd all the time so that when it's a guest I like I can enjoy Todd's sweet neurosis as opposed to being annoyed of them.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Vagithug posted:

This was a really good episode, I really enjoy Kevin Nealon and wish I check out his stuff more often when he was doing clubs near me.

I watched a Kevin Nealon stand-up recently and it was... it really was not good. He's great in sketches, a great comic actor, but man that one stand-up special I saw was embarrassing.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Episode 2 of the Dead Authors Podcast is released! This one features Robert Luis Stevenson, played by horrible sound editing.

Also why can't the Dead Authors Podcast website be better designed?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's just a generic website that's generated for every podcast on Libsyn.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Did I hear right that there's going to be a part 2 of this last Todd Glass Show episode?

e: oh I just went and listened to the end of the ep and there is going to be a part 2, but it's only like 45 minutes. Weird way to cut the episode up, considering part 1 is 2.5 hrs.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 15, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Sweet, looks like Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair have a pilot picked up by USA.

Deadline.com posted:

Inspired by the ultra-close friendship between St. Clair and Parham, Playing House centers on mother to-be Maggie (Parham) who asks her single and career-driven best friend Emma (St. Clair) to return home from her job overseas to attend her baby shower, havingno idea what’s truly in store.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That is fantastic news. BFF's was a lot of fun.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Jen Kirkman has a new podcast, called I Seem Fun. Two episodes up on iTunes, no libsyn or webpage yet according to Twitter.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
So who's the one comedian without a podcast

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Andy Dick.

I pray.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Brock Samson posted:

Andy Dick.

I pray.

He's one of the best guests though. His mania and hedonism usually make for an interesting train wreck. I couldn't imagine him being with it enough to make his own and shine the spotlight on somebody that wasn't him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kyle Kinane doesn't have one...yet. He actually asked his twitter followers about what they'd like to see on a podcast, other than a "moebius strip of the same comedians blowing each other".

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

John Pinette

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Ariza posted:

He's one of the best guests though. His mania and hedonism usually make for an interesting train wreck. I couldn't imagine him being with it enough to make his own and shine the spotlight on somebody that wasn't him.

I personally find him so obnoxious that it outweighs the interestingness of him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm waiting for the Gallagher podcast.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm waiting for the Gallagher podcast.
I'm laughing at the mental picture I have of someone sitting on a bus, wearing headphones, laughing uproariously and going "Take THAT, watermelon!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And going off on 40 minute rants about young comedians using water bottles on stage, and how somehow that constitutes being a prop comedian and therefore makes them ripoffs of Gallagher.

He actually said that, by the way.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Patton Oswalt doesn't either, but he seems to be successful enough that it's not likely that he'll start one.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I kinda don't understand why Todd Barry has one.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm excited for the upcoming Alonzo "Hamburger" Jones podcast. HaaaamBURGER

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Auritech posted:

I kinda don't understand why Todd Barry has one.

Because podcasting needed him.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I adore Todd Barry's standup, but his podcast is very disposable. The same old "two comedians chatting" stuff we've heard over and over and over again. I'm still subscribed for now because I like Todd's sense of humor, but I have a feeling I'll eventually drop it, like I did for Jake Johannsen's podcast.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm excited for the upcoming Alonzo "Hamburger" Jones podcast. HaaaamBURGER
His first guest better be Shuckey Duckey. I would listen to that all day and just cringe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So if anyone watches College Humor stuff, Jake and Amir have a podcast now, If I Were You, it's an advice podcast where they basically offer the worst answers because no one should take it as serious advice because it's just them saying 'if I were you'.

There's only two episodes, both 30 minutes, so if you like their kind of humor it's worth at least a listen.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wafflesnsegways posted:

Patton Oswalt doesn't either, but he seems to be successful enough that it's not likely that he'll start one.

I really wish he would, though. He hardly appears on the podcast circuit too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy dick. I had never listened to this until now, and this is truly the best thing involving Gallagher ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rqeusPZ70 For those of you who lose patience, they turn the tables around an hour in and it's SO GOOD.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The Jake and Amir podcast is great so far (coming from someone who's only kind of a fan of their web series). Both very funny dudes and they have amazing chemistry (no duh).

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

CaptainRat posted:

Jen Kirkman has a new podcast, called I Seem Fun. Two episodes up on iTunes, no libsyn or webpage yet according to Twitter.

I listened to the first two this morning - she's very honest about it being just her talking about whatever with no real structure or gimmicks and I'll give her credit for being the most compelling solo podcast host I've encountered so far, but most of it was telling stories about minor grievances she's had out in public and stuff.

She does a lot of 'we didn't have cell phones then, and what's with young people these days not knowing who Morrissey/Led Zeppelin/CCR are' type of stuff as well - it basically reminded me of what would happen if one of my friends decided to leave me 'podcasts' about their day on my voicemail. I find her personality endearing on some level but I'm not sure if it's enough to sustain such a loose podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I enjoyed the first two, haven't listened to the third yet. I agree that it's uncertain how long she can sustain this, but if you like her segments on Pod F. Tompkast, you should like it.

• Locked thread