Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
It started last page, but for some reason I didn't really notice Zimmy's skin going gray until just now. That can't possibly be a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Rasamune posted:

Are you just saying these things because he's showing you pictures of paintings you'll probably never own?
Yeah. When I heard about Tom selling off stuff like that at the other convention a while back for dirt cheap I was intensely jealous, so I assumed 100 HOGS was able to snag some of them and was rubbing it in our faces.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

For the record, he doesn't own these. Nor does he own that awesome blue wall. They are pictures from Tom's tumblr.
This makes me feel a little better but still angry that they are not on my wall and are unlikely to ever make it there.

edit: Look at Kat, all jealous that Zimmy is getting hand-holding time. Or maybe just super suspicious. Both, I guess.

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 9, 2012

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zenzirouj posted:

I assumed 100 HOGS was able to snag some of them and was rubbing it in our faces.

Don't worry, I'll be doing that soon. :smugdog:

Tension's getting unbearable in this chapter and the wait isn't helping.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
The fact that Zimmy had to be practically dragged bodily to Annie's side suggests to me that she's actually responsible for her condition somehow or other. The forest imagery is probably the ethereal equivalent of the hospital machines.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

This is super-cool and I want it on my wall :saddowns: Why does London get all the cool stuff?

Kat and the head-pigeon obviously don't trust Zimmy. Or maybe it's like a reverse of Zimmy's deal with Gamma, with Kat being jealous of Zimmy...? Plus, I think Antimony's looking more full-of-life now, whereas Zimmy's gone awfully grey.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Hey remember when Jeanne trapped Annie in the ether? She did it by taking away the blinker stone: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=768 but there are probably other ways to do it.

I can't find an exact comic, but she kind of goes into a weird catatonic trance when she's astrally projecting right? Sort of like what we're seeing in the new comic?

And then Parley zapped to Annie in the ether and crazy sympathy-magic started happening to her hair: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=774

I assumed Parley could "piggyback" into the ether with Annie because of her latent psychic powers. Presumably Zimmy is powerful enough to do the same kind of thing. Although Parley (and Smitty) don't exactly have a connection to the ether the way Annie and Zimmy (and other characters like Anja) do.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it just me, or does Kat look grumpy about Zimmy holding Annie's hand?

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it just me, or does Kat look grumpy about Zimmy holding Annie's hand?

Your friend is in a coma that no one can quite figure out. A girl, who for all you know is a literal demon, with powers that you can't hope to comprehend, who takes every chance to mock and belittle you, who you aren't even sure isn't the cause, is grabbing your friend's hand. How do you look? Keep in mind you haven't slept much lately.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Judging from her and the pigeon, I'd say she's mistrustful of the demon girl.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Bitchtits McGee posted:

The fact that Zimmy had to be practically dragged bodily to Annie's side suggests to me that she's actually responsible for her condition somehow or other.

But there aren't any spiders!

I'm wondering if the magicoma is an unintended side-effect of this. Perhaps now she can wander farther than her body can take?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm wondering if maybe Annie did send her blinker stone up with the rocket after all.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Talorat posted:

I'm wondering if maybe Annie did send her blinker stone up with the rocket after all.
Maybe her separation from her body was permanent, and it meant that she didn't have the crutch of following a trail back to her body. Now she's lost.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Well folks, we've been clamoring for it...

I think we're going to see a hint of what Antimony was up to during the summer she spent in Gillitie Wood...

I think...I think we're going to regret it... :gonk:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Well folks, we've been clamoring for it...

I think we're going to see a hint of what Antimony was up to during the summer she spent in Gillitie Wood...

I think...I think we're going to regret it... :gonk:

Drugs.

Lots and lots of drugs.

Now she's going through withdrawal cuz the stash she brought back from the forest ran out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

There's also going to be another Coyote canvas at this thing.

Just in case you didn't have enough reason to ask Tom to sell these in a manner that the rest of the world could buy them yet.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Oh MAN that is nice. And so tempting. My friends are trading at Expo so they'll be in the hall before the general public are let in...

Nope, I already have enough (I bought three canvases at thoughtbubble, two as gifts and a cityface which graces my wall), time to let someone else have a chance.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is one of those comics that looked interesting but I never got round to reading from the beginning. So I did that yesterday and now I'm all caught up and Antimony's in a coma and Kat has ghost pigeon on her head that voices her innermost thoughts and City Face is the best and oh god what is happening.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib

Gnome de plume posted:

This is one of those comics that looked interesting but I never got round to reading from the beginning. So I did that yesterday and now I'm all caught up and Antimony's in a coma and Kat has ghost pigeon on her head that voices her innermost thoughts and City Face is the best and oh god what is happening.

I love posts like these. You never hear about anyone discovering the comic and slowly reading through it for the first time over a month; everyone always ends up driving through the whole thing in a day. It really shows how great the comic is.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

Oh MAN that is super nice. And so extra tempting. My friends are trading at Expo so they'll be in the hall before the general public are let in...

Nope, I already have enough (I bought three canvases at thoughtbubble, two as gifts and a cityface which graces my wall), time to let someone else have a chance.

For someone who has a cityface thing on his wall you should know to add adjectives to all your adjectives. :mad:

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 11, 2012

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Spaseman posted:

I love posts like these. You never hear about anyone discovering the comic and slowly reading through it for the first time over a month; everyone always ends up driving through the whole thing in a day. It really shows how great the comic is.
I discovered this comic a month or so ago and it took me 5 whole days to catch up :colbert:

...but that's because after powering through 30+ chapters in a few hours, I forced myself to only read one chapter a day. I didn't want it to end :ohdear:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who's Greenie again?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Who's Greenie again?
Don't say it.

NO ONE SAY THAT JOKE.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Oh hey it's Kamlen.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com//comics/00000874.jpg

.Z. fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 11, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm fairly certain that is not Jolly Elfsberry.

E: Kamlen first mentioned by name. A callback of sorts to Jeanne's lover.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 11, 2012

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I think that is a memory. Back at the forest, one of the green people tried to trick Antimony into revealing the secret hidden by the Coyote band. Now someone is trying again through some remote ether shenaningans. Zimmy will need to prevent it to protect Annie's etheric left hand.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Er, Annie, you might want to be careful. The last time the (possible) object of affection of a skilled mechanist rejected them for an elf, it didn't end up well for everyone involved...

^That or she has been in the magic equivalent of a long distance relationship for the last few months. But yeah, someone trying to get dirt on Coyote might be pulling the strings.

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 11, 2012

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That jerk! The band never really came off! :mad:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

That jerk! The band never really came off! :mad:

Well, if it's a memory or a simulation of her time in the forest, it might just be a memory of the band.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Zimmy talks a little like the fairies.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh my god, Annie got fresh with a green forest boy. :3:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
A perfect symmetry of post content and avatar, right there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bitchtits McGee posted:

A perfect symmetry of post content and avatar, right there.

I should like to think Kat would be less angry looking.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MikeJF posted:

I should like to think Kat would be less angry looking.

Jealousy can do strange things to a girl. Especially a teenager who may or may not be struggling with... THINGS.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
True, but let's not be ChibiSoma here.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Oh my god, Annie got fresh with a green forest boy. :3:

Oh god what if Annie is ill because she got teen pregnant? :ohdear:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Annie was really drawn well in that last panel. Well done Tom.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

Oh my god, Annie
apparently got fresh with
a green forest boy. :3:

Fixed. That wasn't a haiku at all before. :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

YF-23 posted:

Oh god what if Annie is ill because she got teen pregnant? :ohdear:

If that's the case she made an inappropriate peer-to-teen choice behavior.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Way to go, Carver! :riker:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I love the tiny little smirk that's crawled onto her face in the last panel.

Unfortunately I now have that damned song from Grease in my head.