Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Birds & Beans is Pyoro from WarioWare, for those who don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Bird & Beans owns. Pyoro is my friend.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Bird & Beans looks bad. It looks like a just ok iOS game that was free.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fremry posted:

Bird & Beans looks bad. It looks like a just ok iOS game that was free.

Tbf as much as you're bad and wrong and a big idiot I would say it's not worth 150 coins especially when you could get Kirby's Dreamland 3 for 50 more. Just buy it for the $2 it sells for.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

Tbf as much as you're bad and wrong and a big idiot I would say it's not worth 150 coins especially when you could get Kirby's Dreamland 3 for 50 more. Just buy it for the $2 it sells for.

It's an endless puzzle game with, literally, one mechanic. I hate endless puzzle games, and it's not an especially invigorating one at that. I guarantee there are 50 free iOS apps that are the exact same thing. Nostalgia is a bitch.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Fremry posted:

It's an endless puzzle game with, literally, one mechanic. I hate endless puzzle games, and it's not an especially invigorating one at that. I guarantee there are 50 free iOS apps that are the exact same thing. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Pyoro isn't a puzzle game though? Its more of a shooter game than anything else.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Pyoro isn't a puzzle game though? Its more of a shooter game than anything else.

May just be me, but I consider those "falling things, make it stop" game to be puzzle games. They are Tetris in reverse.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a Game & Watch game.

PAL dudes, there's a free Cat Mario Show 3DS theme up now, should be available for a few weeks. EDIT: January 15 is the cut-off.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of December 18):

When Dracula X went up a few weeks ago I thought it was maybe a lead-up to the GBA 'vanias coming but I guess we've got a bit of a wait yet.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I want to help you Konami, let me help you!

Free cat theme is alright, peach and mario look weird

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hope they released a new episode of the show along with the theme. Love that dumb thing.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
If anyone in the EU wants to win Rune Factory 4 or an eShop voucher then they should check on the competition we're running on the website I work for in conjunction with Marvelous: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rune-factory-4-monster-veg-competition/

Basically make a monster out of fruit and veg.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PAL dudes, there's a free Cat Mario Show 3DS theme up now, should be available for a few weeks. EDIT: January 15 is the cut-off.

Is it the first one in this video? If so, that's purrty cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2vwra2NEU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Yup! There's a Luigi hidden on the top screen, too.

Wayforward has confirmed a release date for the Wii U version of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: it'll be out December 25 for $19.99.. (That's NA, PAL-land won't be getting either version until next year, looks like.)

As for the VC, the Aussie ratings site has revealed a rating for Contra; Alien Wars EX (GBA), the weird and bad GBA mashup of Contra 3 and Hard Corps. The ESRB has rated Donkey Kong Land, which suggests NA might finally be getting the DKC/DKL games soon.

EDIT: oh, and Gunman Clive 2 has passed lotcheck in NA, so I guess it's good to go.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 17, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sega released two retro 3DS menu themes on the JP eShop today: a Megadrive theme and a "circa 1989 arcade" theme, both 200yen. They're being released in conjunction with the Sega 3D Classics retail collection that's out tomorrow (JP-only) and it sounds like they're gonna be releasing more themes based on individual games in the near future.

More news on the JP front: Wii U VC is getting Duck Hunt next week (Wiimote required), 3DS is getting Picross e6.

Oh, and Steel Diver got another update (4.1), this one just readjust the angle of your subs when surfacing/submerging.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

More news on the JP front: 3DS is getting Picross e6.

Yes! Just crunching through the MegaPicross mode on the JP Club Nintendo Plat reward Nintendo-theme Picross.
(Hope they release that as a regular Club Nintendo prize.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It looks like NCL has finally woken up to the whole microtransactions thing:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jwvj/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA0E751i3pk

Play a crane game, win little badges that you can use to customise your 3DS home menu or replace icons for things like Mii Maker and the 3DS camera app. You get one free turn (five tries) a day, additional turns cost 90yen.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 17, 2014

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Here's a more in-depth video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzXNdiGzXo

I'm iffy on the whole idea, but it does look like it'll be easy enough to get the ones you want.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Just to clarify, you don't get 5 free tries a day. You get 5 free tries the first time you start the game, and then there's a free machine you can play once a day for practice but that doesn't actually give you any badges (you can win actual free tries at the real machines on it, but it looks like the chance isn't that great).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sales bunnies are dangerous.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I would gladly play that once a day to get dumb home menu crap and not put any money into it

e:

orenronen posted:

Just to clarify, you don't get 5 free tries a day. You get 5 free tries the first time you start the game, and then there's a free machine you can play once a day for practice but that doesn't actually give you any badges (you can win actual free tries at the real machines on it, but it looks like the chance isn't that great).

W H O O P S nevermind

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

orenronen posted:

Yeah, that was made more obvious in the other video that was posted, my bad.

It seems like there's stuff that only unlocks if you play a certain amount of times each day, too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Yeah, that was made more obvious in the other video that was posted, my bad.

It seems like there's stuff that only unlocks if you play a certain amount of times each day, too.

According to Neogaf, there are unlockable themes that require you to buy 10 plays in a day.

So 180 yen for 10 plays and a theme, which doesn't seem too bad considering the price of a theme. Currently there are Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 8, and SMB1-1 themes?

This seems like the type of thing I need to stay away from before it takes all my money getting 100 Isabelles for my bottom screen.

edit: A video of someone going through it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzXNdiGzXo

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 17, 2014

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
Jumping on the Wii U train this week and browsing through the eShop today. How is D&D: Chronicle of Mystara? I bought it on Steam a while back, but on top of there being absolutely no one online to play it with, my laptop doesn't run it smoothly.

VVVVVV - Fuuuuuuuucck.

ProfZoom fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 17, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

ProfZoom posted:

Jumping on the Wii U train this week and browsing through the eShop today. How is D&D: Chronicle of Mystara? I bought it on Steam a while back, but on top of there being absolutely no one online to play it with, my laptop doesn't run it smoothly.

I think I got 7-8 hours of enjoyment out of it, but you won't find anyone playing online on the Wii U either. It was also on sale a few weeks ago, so it might go on sale again at some point.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm pretty sure playing an virtual crank game would drive me mental knowing someone was paid money to program in the screwing you over bit.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Seeing the Club Nintendo rewards of this month, I think I might pick up 1080 Snowboarding for myself. I haven't played the game in over a decade, and I'm wondering: does it still hold up well?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If I redeem a Club Nintendo code for Kirby's Dream Land 3, will I get Deluxe promo credit for the full purchase price, or just the $1.50 upgrade price, since I have that one on Wii?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

jivjov posted:

If I redeem a Club Nintendo code for Kirby's Dream Land 3, will I get Deluxe promo credit for the full purchase price, or just the $1.50 upgrade price, since I have that one on Wii?
Either way, wouldn't you want to hold on to those hard-earned Nintendo points since you're only getting a $1.50 value out of it?
EDIT: oh right, the DDP. And that's going away soon. Carry on. Good question!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it treats all download codes as if they were bought for full price.

I ended up buying Guacamelee, but now I still need $5.01 worth of purchases to earn my last $5 code.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

pichupal posted:

According to Neogaf, there are unlockable themes that require you to buy 10 plays in a day.
At the moment it's only 5 plays in a day for what it's worth (only used my initial 5 free plays so far, they don't count - you also don't get to pick what machine you use)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I just got the download code for Kirby's Dream Land 3, and it gave me 79 points. I'm going to assume that they don't pro-rate the codes that you get from outside of directly paying in the eShop. All of the download codes for games during the MK8 giveaway gave you full price worth of DDP points. I have a feeling the system doesn't know where your download codes come from, so they give you the highest amount of DDP points for it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Minidust posted:

Either way, wouldn't you want to hold on to those hard-earned Nintendo points since you're only getting a $1.50 value out of it?
EDIT: oh right, the DDP. And that's going away soon. Carry on. Good question!

Yeah, there's never really anything I want to spend my coins on, so might as well burn them on some last DPP credit. And Dream Land 3 is pretty cool.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nintendo of America's twitter accidentally leak that Mega Man Zero is out tomorrow and that the Mega Man games will be on sale. Don't know which titles since the page they link isn't working yet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rirse posted:

Nintendo of America's twitter accidentally leak that Mega Man Zero is out tomorrow and that the Mega Man games will be on sale. Don't know which titles since the page they link isn't working yet.

Well that will take care of my last Deluxe bonus then.

It is my wish that when they release Rockman and Forte eventually it is the SNES version with a translation patch, but I know it will be the lovely GBA version unfortunately.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oof...I already own the DS mega man zero collection...but I'll probably rebuy on virtual console partly for DPP credit and party to make sure they know there's still an audience for Mega Man titles.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Definitely getting Mega Man Zero.That means I'll need to spend like $6 to get one more DDP credit. Hoping that the mega man sale has 1 or 2 things I want.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Megaman Sale prices, from NeoGAF:

3DS
Mega Man II GB ($1.49)
Mega Man III GB ($1.49)
Mega Man IV GB ($1.49)

Wii U
Mega Man 5 NES ($2.49)
Mega Man 6 NES ($2.49)
Mega Man 7 SNES ($3.99)

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Says it's 2/3/4 on 3DS and 5/6/7 on Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Those lists are correct, I verified by checking on the consoles I own. In the case of 5 an 6 on Wii U the offer does not extend to the 3ds versions of the same game.

I'd just been thinking yesterday about how I'd love to replay some Mega Man games so this is great timing.