Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

You're not using this word properly.

Meant is not defined as most effective. It is "what the devs intended". Which is not typically what is most effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the poison toad assassins for ma xibalba are rad and everyone should use them

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the poison toad assassins for ma xibalba are rad and everyone should use them

They don't have poison res so you have to make an item for them to reliably clear oceans :(

Though illwinter said that would be added.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Why would poison dart frogs be resistant to poison don't be ridiculous monkee :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
if a poison dart frog licks another poison dart frog who gets poisoned

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Kitfox88 posted:

if a poison dart frog licks another poison dart frog who gets poisoned

I'm pretty sure this is how they spend their weekends.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Neruz posted:

I'm pretty sure this is how they spend their weekends.

:heysexy:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

You know, this reminds me of the time when my cat accidentally destroyed the neighbour's pool. It was a pool very much like that thing, just in black and in the garden instead of underground.

Now I hope those guys don't have any pets with sharp claws hanging around, or that pool is running on borrowed time. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I think the fact that it's in an underground basement with no ventilation or way to reliably clean it means the entire basement's time was borrowed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the people who have that and what looks to be a possible beer pong table set up are running on borrowed time, as well

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

2014-12-04 17:16:18 +0100
Game more responsive during battles and hosting
Don't auto summon units when you have fled the field
Max number of commanders increased 9990 -> 20000
Max number of units increased 160000 -> 250000
New option: --maxunits to limit number of units
New mod commands: #batstartsum6d6 ... sum9d9

Have anyone even approached the old max number of units?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Some people love to pay big sp games that last for decades. I don't get it either.

Edit: ma ermor v turmoil Pan v asphodel on a extra large map?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Speleothing posted:

Some people love to pay big sp games that last for decades. I don't get it either.

I believe the "it" you are failing to get here is more colloquially known as "Aspergers".

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Speleothing posted:

Edit: ma ermor v turmoil Pan v asphodel on a extra large map?

I've played against Ermor on the giant clusterfuck map known as Latus back in Dom3. poo poo gets outta control pretty fast.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So I actually looked at those momie graphs.

What the hell, how the gently caress am I top on research. I am not a big player :psyduck:

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
Does insanity have any other effect than making commanders not take orders sometimes when planning moves? I was looking at the Void Spectre in the mod inspector and wondering what "bringing insanity to enemy forces and the general population" means.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
It might make them go start smashing temples or labs. Or start pillaging.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I believe they can also declare themselves Prophet too, yeah?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

How are u posted:

I believe they can also declare themselves Prophet too, yeah?

Only for R'lyeh apparently.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

amuayse posted:

It might make them go start smashing temples or labs. Or start pillaging.

im pretty sure thats just shattered soul . insanity doesnt do that

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Yeah, insanity pulls from a different list of non-actions than shattered soul.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Shattered Soul is the one where they can destroy labs\temples and forts, Insanity just has them occasionally stand around ftaghning or going the stars are left. Most of the insanity actions don't do anything, a few slightly increase insanity (so an insane thing will tend to slowly get more insane over time).

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
Okay, but it doesn't affect non-commander troops right? And the "general population" part just means poploss and unburied corpses.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

immolationsex posted:

Okay, but it doesn't affect non-commander troops right?
Not unless you GoR/Divine Name them, afaik.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

Shattered Soul is the one where they can destroy labs\temples and forts, Insanity just has them occasionally stand around ftaghning or going the stars are left. Most of the insanity actions don't do anything, a few slightly increase insanity (so an insane thing will tend to slowly get more insane over time).

Site searching and preaching are other insanity-actions I've seen. There's nothing more annoying then some of your mages suddenly dropping out of your marching army because they need to search for magic sites right now.

FnF
Apr 10, 2008
Just seen a message I've never seen before in a game :

"There has been a major disturbance in the divine dominions of the world. <PG>'s dominion has grown stronger at the cost of all other pretender gods."

Is this someone Wishing for more dominion? Or is something else going on? Can anyone elaborate?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

FnF posted:

Is this someone Wishing for more dominion?

I'm about 90% sure it's this. I'm pretty sure I've seen that message in a wish test game before. I think it gives the caster about 20 successful temple checks centered on the province it's cast in.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

FnF posted:

Just seen a message I've never seen before in a game :

"There has been a major disturbance in the divine dominions of the world. <PG>'s dominion has grown stronger at the cost of all other pretender gods."

Is this someone Wishing for more dominion? Or is something else going on? Can anyone elaborate?

That's exactly what that is.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
News from my mod-project: I've finished the units (summons and everything) for EA Lagash, so the EA nation of Gemmod is close to being testable.

Right now I'm working my way down this list:

1. Finishing up standard weapons+armor for units
2. Summon spells for units (mostly copy+paste)
3. Heroes + equipment
4. Some magic items
5. Events
6. Debugging
7. Testgame

Since the three nations are part of an overlapping theme, some of the units/items/spells/events will end up being recycled or just slightly altered in MA/LA Akkad. This of course means the other nations should be done a lot faster afterwards!

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

How many mod nations are running around out there now? It might be neat to sometime have a game featuring several modded nations. I've about got a playtest-ready version of LA Underhome done, which will make the dwarf nations all fully playable (but I need to go back and do event-modding for EA/MA).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

How many mod nations are running around out there now? It might be neat to sometime have a game featuring several modded nations. I've about got a playtest-ready version of LA Underhome done, which will make the dwarf nations all fully playable (but I need to go back and do event-modding for EA/MA).

My aboriginal Australian nation will get finished over Christmas break. I just haven't had the will to finish the spriting for it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I know a lot of the Warhammer mod nations are pretty hilariously overpowered, and kind of would need to be played against each other. The Lizardmen in particular are loving bonkers, with ridiculously powerful Slaan mages with excellent access to at least 3 in every path but death and blood, little Skink priests that auto-communion, cheap blood hunters you can recruit in every fort, and very plentiful sacred summons that are tough, hit like trucks, and exist for every gem type so you'll never be stuck for lack of a certain resource. Oh and their regular troops are loving great too, never any problem with expansion. They're incredibly strong.

How are u fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 7, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Magil Zeal posted:

Well I've done a bunch of nations based on Conquest of Elysium, but my original Hawaiian mod nation is Sawaiiki, Eternal Sea. I've hit it with the nerf stick hard enough to avoid the insane power levels of most mod nations and it's pretty much finished. Right now, they're kind of like a cross between MA Mictlan and Kailasa with sailing.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 7, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

Well I've done a bunch of nations based on Conquest of Elysium, but my original Hawaiian mod nation is Sawaiiki, Eternal Sea. I've hit it with the nerf stick hard enough to avoid the insane power levels of most mod nations and it's pretty much finished. Right now, they're kind of like a cross between MA Mictlan and Kailasa with sailing.

I'm planning to give the most powerful summons in my mod a #defector-chance. So yes, you can have those totally overpowered summons, but they can break free and rampage across the map if you're unlucky. :getin:

Edit:

By the way, what do you think is better: A powerful priest who can shapechange into a powerful heretic, or a summon spell who randomly gives you one or the other?

The shapechange may or not be player-controlled and may or may not be a one-way street. I haven't decided yet. (That last unit is giving me headaches, but EA Lagash still needs at least one more priest.)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 7, 2014

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I gave some thought to making an Aasmeg nation before, which would roughly model the stereotypical "wrath of the norsemen" vikings in EA, with a lot of sailing units, plunderers, and blood sacrfice. In MA it would lead into a more civilized, less naval/raiding-focused nation (think Christianized Scandinavia), with LA being a more post-Viking society with excellent cavalry and weapons technology (think the Normans). Throughout the ages their magical abilities would dwindle; blood magic and glamour abilities would be common in EA, limited to powerful mages in MA, and gone by LA, since that's a huge theme in the game already. I never quite finished it because it's a real bitch to find good sprites for size-3 creatures to work with (and Vikings are not exactly a creative concept for a new nation :downs:).

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
How about making a spell that can summon either a priest or heretic using the various negative #montag values?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

How about making a spell that can summon either a priest or heretic using the various negative #montag values?

Right now I'm inclined in that direction, yes. I have to look up the basic #montag-summon spell I've written and the spell part of the modding manual again to see if my vague idea of alternating/random summons is feasable/doable.

Edit:

I'm saying this because I already made a powerful priest able to shapechange into a powerful mage and back, so a priest/heretic shapechanger would be basically the same idea again. Well, let's just say I have a lot of testing to do before I fully commit in this case.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 8, 2014

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Did they ever fix random Holy paths? I know they didn't work in Dom3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Is there a master list of goon-made mods around somewhere? Most of the stuff you guys are discussing sounds pretty cool.

• Locked thread