Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that's bad. but it's real bad cause kimbo sounds so tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Is Shamrock FC affiliated with the Shamrock brothers?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Is Shamrock FC affiliated with the Shamrock brothers?

No, but it is ran by Jesse Finney, the guy that came up with and convinced the athletic commission to let Kimbo vs Ken shamrock happen

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/19/8229183/jesse-finney-the-man-who-made-kimbo-slice-vs-ken-shamrock-happen-bellator-mma

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So I guess tomorrow's Invicta card lost a couple fights due to injuries a while back, and then another a couple days ago and one more today right before weigh-ins. They're down to just seven fights on the card. No idea if it's still starting at 9PM ET as originally planned, but it's on Fight Pass tomorrow night.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Surprise!

quote:

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- The conversation about Cris Cyborg ever going down to 135 pounds can officially be put to rest.

Cyborg told MMA Fighting on Thursday that she no longer has any plans to drop to women's bantamweight. The Brazilian knockout artist cited health reasons, the inability to use IVs and the understanding that she would be a depleted version of herself at that weight.

"No more 135," Cyborg said. "Superfight? Yeah. I think that's fair. Somebody can go up a little bit, I'll go down a little bit."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

:ortiz:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Much like Renan Barao, Edian Gomes was defeated by a tub in the lead up to Invicta FC 15.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Not watching the cyborg fight tonight but cyborg sucks

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Good first fight. These girls are throwing down.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
First Invicta Fight I've ever seen. Is this fight just unusually good, or are they all like this?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Invicta fights are often surprisingly decent and occasionally horrendously bad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

Invicta fights are often surprisingly decent and occasionally horrendously bad.

Pretty much always one really fun fight per card.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Megan Anderson is a cool fighter but I don't think she can make 135 in the UFC.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This seems like a can fight for Angela Hill for her to get some confidence but maybe I'm wrong.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

When I'm right, I'm right.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
That was an entertaining enough can crushing. Combined age of the participants: 69.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Watching this Invicta card has been a good decision so far.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Why do they show ads for Fight Pass on Fight Pass exclusive cards?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

They also show really out of date ads on fight pass including an ad for UFC 194

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I really like Mizuki. I hope she wins and keeps getting better because she is :krad:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Good scrambles to start this one.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I missed the alleged tap that happened but apparently Lacey was convinced it happened. Pretty sure that wasn't a tap.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Perhaps a crafty use of the Brazilian fake tap out there

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I don't think she tapped, one tap is not a tap, it could be just some weird hand thing. It has to be 3+ unmistakable taps. If she let go because of that, too bad.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lacey Shuckman is far too game and is just getting her face destroyed.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Having pink hair dye seems to be a very bad idea in an MMA fight that could be decided by judges.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Mizuki looks like a good prospect for the UFC especially since she's only like 21.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

is that bad?

https://twitter.com/TElliott125/status/688557956422479872

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It's great that they got cyborg a can so bad that she couldn't afford corner men.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Tonya Evinger is drunk as poo poo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:lol: tonya evinger is loving smashed

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I would love to see Tonya Evinger fight Holly Holm.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

...wow.

What is the point of him being there?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

I would love to see Tonya Evinger fight Holly Holm.

In a bar.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I wanna see some womens heavyweight or superheavyweight fights.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Down Right Fierce posted:

I wanna see some womens heavyweight or superheavyweight fights.

someone post the rizin fight for this guy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love watching child fighting at reasonable hours, bless you Invicta.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Oh my god Tonya Evinger is coming in on the broadcast and she is ripped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I have no doubt that the drunk Tonya Evinger will be far superior at commentary than Julie Kedzie