Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure why the "of all things", considering W is probably the most-recommended entry point there is to Kamen Rider.

Oh no-no, I didn't mean to imply W is bad or anything! I just remembered the times where I was super ecstatic about the detective duo, and Terui growing from ANGRY COP WHO WANTS REVENGE to "Not being able to act is my despair". :allears:

EDIT: OH RIGHT, and Cyclone Effect is still one of my favorite insert themes in any Rider show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I am loving these liveposts, wish I did one when I binged the show 2 weeks ago.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Only half a year for next binge when someone does Build. I'm probably making good use of that new drive I bought and start downloading them as O-T subs along.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fourze was my first, but the beginning of it was so good that I watched W and OOO during it's run.

It kills me though because I didn't start with Toku until Gokaiger but I distinctly remember seeing threads on this forum for Decade and then W and giving them cursory looks but I didn't watch them. Such regrets, it would have been so cool to watch those in real time here on the forums.

Was anyone here around and posting in those threads back then? What was it like? :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

M.Matsuda posted:

Edit: Oh god it's not Only SUPER SAYIAN 3, it's ALSO THE STAR FROM MARIO God i love this show. (And i've hit emote limit again it seems. goddamnit)

It's also Super Sonic, hence the super speed. And a musou game. And probably a cheat engine.

Hyper Muteki is good, is what I'm trying to say.

quote:

Edit: All ages? Masamune i don't think you can get Infants, and Toddlers to play Kamen Rider Chronicle. or are you going to make baby!Gashats too

Kamen Rider Chronicle features no blood or gore, characters (that is, people) just disappear into data when they lose. There's no wounds shown either. Thus, it's perfectly acceptable for all ages.

Besides you can't end and/or control the entire human race by ignoring children, they'll become adults eventually too. And children are more interested in games to begin with, so they're the perfect hostages.

quote:

Edit: AND KIRIYA GOT THE PROTO GASHATS BACK. jesus christ he Is the most competent member of this cast.

I'm not sure if you watched the Kamen Rider Lazer special before this part (it happens slightly before Kiriya is brought back) but it cements just how ridiculously competent Kiriya is. His Proto Gashat plan was conceived while he was dead, he had full control over what he did in data form and used it perfectly.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's also Super Sonic, hence the super speed. And a musou game. And probably a cheat engine.

Hyper Muteki is good, is what I'm trying to say.

Kamen Rider Chronicle features no blood or gore, characters (that is, people) just disappear into data when they lose. There's no wounds shown either. Thus, it's perfectly acceptable for all ages.

Besides you can't end and/or control the entire human race by ignoring children, they'll become adults eventually too. And children are more interested in games to begin with, so they're the perfect hostages.

I'm not sure if you watched the Kamen Rider Lazer special before this part (it happens slightly before Kiriya is brought back) but it cements just how ridiculously competent Kiriya is. His Proto Gashat plan was conceived while he was dead, he had full control over what he did in data form and used it perfectly.

All of these are great points but let me try to go in Order here: MAN I COMPLETELY MISSED THE SUPER SONIC, goddamn that makes it even better. And yes i guess it Is possible, and likely in the case of These civillians that people are going to be forced to bring VERY young children to these,Especially as more and more people full on Die. I had no idea there were specials for lazer, i only knew about Gorider, and as briefly mentioned the Genm one. (And Heisei generations) Is the Lazer one subbed because it sounds Amazing from that description.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

M.Matsuda posted:

All of these are great points but let me try to go in Order here: MAN I COMPLETELY MISSED THE SUPER SONIC, goddamn that makes it even better. And yes i guess it Is possible, and likely in the case of These civillians that people are going to be forced to bring VERY young children to these,Especially as more and more people full on Die. I had no idea there were specials for lazer, i only knew about Gorider, and as briefly mentioned the Genm one. (And Heisei generations) Is the Lazer one subbed because it sounds Amazing from that description.

There's "Tricks" specials for every Rider except Ex-Aid, Poppy and Cronus. Of those, EXCITE has already subbed Brave, Lazer and two episodes of Snipe, and we're waiting on Genm. The last two episodes of Snipe as well as Para-DX have not been released yet.

None of them is neccesary to understand the series and they're mostly fanservice, but they're fun. I'd say Snipe: EPISODE ZERO is the most important, since it shows Taiga's time as the first Kamen Rider and his eventual downfall.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Plus there's the Brave special with Ouja from Ryuki who is a crazy rear end in a top hat. The Snipe prequel that comes on the Blu-rays that has two episodes out now.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's "Tricks" specials for every Rider except Ex-Aid, Poppy and Cronus. Of those, EXCITE has already subbed Brave, Lazer and two episodes of Snipe, and we're waiting on Genm. The last two episodes of Snipe as well as Para-DX have not been released yet.

None of them is neccesary to understand the series and they're mostly fanservice, but they're fun. I'd say Snipe: EPISODE ZERO is the most important, since it shows Taiga's time as the first Kamen Rider and his eventual downfall.

good to know. is there a way to Watch them Without torrenting
Personally i tend to avoid "forgone conclusions mean this is gonna be depressing" things like Snipe's special. where he goes from iirc from tv tropes the Nicest guy at the hospital to a cold hearted jerk. at least Pre Nico.
Edit:Also i've never Watched Ryuki so Brave's is out for reasons of, i don't want to be More confused than i was watching Heisei generations. (at least in reguards to Haruto)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 2, 2017

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Fezz posted:

Plus there's the Brave special with Ouja from Ryuki who is a crazy rear end in a top hat. The Snipe prequel that comes on the Blu-rays that has two episodes out now.

The Brave special is basically the only Ex-Aid special I think is bad - partially because it has some downright weird for Rider tonally slasher film-esque violence, and partially because Asakura (KR Ouja) feels like he's written by a markov chain generator fed his lines from Ryuki. He's also attacking random nurses who hadn't either annoyed him first or would be fun to fight, which isn't really in character for him? The one good thing is him just showing up uninvited to King Dark's meeting in the opening scenes and King Dark not especially being happy to see him there. :P It also tries to bring Foundation X back which uh... no, just no. It's the only special I know of not written by Ex-Aid's head and almost only writer Yuya Takahashi, which is probably why it's so off.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Do people not like Foundation X? I've always wanted to see more of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Foundation X was such a cockblock of an abandoned metaplot.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, like, Kobayashi obviously wanted to stick to her own story, which as OOO's head writer is her privilege.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Do people not like Foundation X? I've always wanted to see more of them.

I don't dislike them so much as find them pointless most of the time... although I do dislike their role in W where they randomly hijack the villain plot at the end of the series away from the ones with actual ties to the plot. (Seriously, what is the Gaia Impact (and I mean an in-series explanation of what it would do), and why would they want it to happen?) They actually do something in Movie Wars Megamax... and it's being taken out by a rogue agent. Then they appear in Fourze... and are kicked out of the plot from what I remember of what I saw of Fourze by Gamou hypnotizing them all. (Even Riku Sanjou didn't want to write them into his own series seriously at that point.)

I am glad they aren't in OOO because having a shadowy power behind Kougami would be an unnecessary distraction.

EDIT: One terrifying thing I realized lately is Kougami is probably the stablest head of a large company in Rider (not counting burger guy at the end of Ex-Aid, and that is genuinely terrifying/amusing. He's also the most competent.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 2, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And so i return to yelling about Kamen Rider. I wouldn't mind liveblogging more Toku. though Build, Kyuuranger, and Geed will have to wait until i know they actually are both Good. and stick the landing. and sentai is waiting the longest unless Liveman's fight scenes were a terrible outlier. (I haven't watched enough of other sentai series's)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

M.Matsuda posted:

And so i return to yelling about Kamen Rider. I wouldn't mind liveblogging more Toku. though Build, Kyuuranger, and Geed will have to wait until i know they actually are both Good. and stick the landing. and sentai is waiting the longest unless Liveman's fight scenes were a terrible outlier. (I haven't watched enough of other sentai series's)

Look here's a terrible truth

Sentai fight scenes are never the best and I can tell you why.

Five
V
One

There are just too many heroes to properly focus on the action. Some pull it off- ZyuRanger and MMPR (Zyu2 Footage and their own original stuff at times) has some of the best Ranger action in both VS monsters and Zords. Maybe the best Zord action in all of Sentai.

Most of them don't really try or rely on gimmicks.

You want good fight scenes, go for Kamen Rider Black, Metalder, Garo, Kuuga, ZO, Ultraman, ect

Sentai is more about team work than fighting. It's something I've had to come to terms with a while ago.

Liveman, for the record, has *THE WORST* giant robot fights. Just, the worst. I love its story, but Jesus Christ skip the mecha fights

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Liveman, for the record, has *THE WORST* giant robot fights. Just, the worst. I love its story, but Jesus Christ skip the mecha fights
:negative: I REALLY REALLY REALLLLY wish i'd know this before i sat through too goddamn many of these. Yellow lion was so goddamn cool it's first apperence why did they gently caress up the rest of those fights so badly and yeah when i say fights. i Mostly mean the giant robot stuff.
Edit: also i love your toku posts. they're really good. (Also which ultraman was the one that got cut short from being just full on put on at the wrong time?)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

M.Matsuda posted:

:negative: I REALLY REALLY REALLLLY wish i'd know this before i sat through too goddamn many of these. Yellow lion was so goddamn cool it's first apperence why did they gently caress up the rest of those fights so badly and yeah when i say fights. i Mostly mean the giant robot stuff.
Edit: also i love your toku posts. they're really good. (Also which ultraman was the one that got cut short from being just full on put on at the wrong time?)

Oh Christ yeah, that's something I always try to warn about Liveman. It's the one huge failing the show has.

Thank you, seriously.

That would be Ultraman Nexus, easily found on Crunchyroll. The subs aren't the bestest ever, but they're a drat sight better than TVN which literally got an important plot point backwards and made an entire thing make zero sense.

I can't blame the TV station for doing what it did to Nexus, really- Cosmos was the most child friendly tokustatsu ever made, maybe including some of the last 'Metal Hero' series that had giant chibi robot people.

Just super unfair it happened to Nexus because what it had planned for its finale was so Goddamn good. Ah well.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Oh Christ yeah, that's something I always try to warn about Liveman. It's the one huge failing the show has.

Thank you, seriously.

That would be Ultraman Nexus, easily found on Crunchyroll. The subs aren't the bestest ever, but they're a drat sight better than TVN which literally got an important plot point backwards and made an entire thing make zero sense.

I can't blame the TV station for doing what it did to Nexus, really- Cosmos was the most child friendly tokustatsu ever made, maybe including some of the last 'Metal Hero' series that had giant chibi robot people.

Just super unfair it happened to Nexus because what it had planned for its finale was so Goddamn good. Ah well.

Sadly when i watched Liveman. i either did it Prior to reading the Toku thread here. or no one had talked about it. -and well i was too nervous to Actually Post from 2014- 2017 in here.
And glad to know that CR's subs for Nexus aren't terrible. also Wow that is a Giant plot gently caress up subs wise.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Without going too much into it, basically... Take Harry Potter

Hagrid comes in the first movie, bursts down the door, comes up to Harry

And some one translates what he says as "You have no magic at all, Harry."

And then the entire movie carried on without addressing or correcting that in any way.

That's literally on the level of what they did, only with the entire scene going on about how X character didn't have the thing going on with them that they did.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If you want good mecha fighting scenes, I recommend Go-Busters, there was some clear effort there and it shows. Even the mecha actually looks great, with a complex combination that is very unusual in modern Sentai.

Also watch Go-Busters because it's very good in general. Enter is the best villain.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Without going too much into it, basically... Take Harry Potter

Hagrid comes in the first movie, bursts down the door, comes up to Harry

And some one translates what he says as "You have no magic at all, Harry."

And then the entire movie carried on without addressing or correcting that in any way.

That's literally on the level of what they did, only with the entire scene going on about how X character didn't have the thing going on with them that they did.

i saw the previous time this got mentioned but i have to ask.
WHAT THE HELL WAS THE TONE OF THAT SCENE ORIGINALLY, IF THEY hosed IT UP THAT HARD. (Like there had to have been dramatic music playing right, and people not looking happy right?)
either way. man i thought the older translation of JoJo part v was bad. (which among it's faults had Vienna instead of Vience. in a part that took place ENTIRELY in italy)

Blaze Dragon posted:

If you want good mecha fighting scenes, I recommend Go-Busters, there was some clear effort there and it shows. Even the mecha actually looks great, with a complex combination that is very unusual in modern Sentai.

Also watch Go-Busters because it's very good in general. Enter is the best villain.

while i am down for good fight scenes. and from what i hear a lack of stock footage. how's the plot? because that's Why i picked Liveman for my first. also i may talk badly about Liveman's giant robot fights. but i did enjoy it's plot and characters. (another reason i was excited to watch Ghost at first: OOH the guy who played Jou is The rider's dad :D)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So the tone of the scene is one of shock and intrigue. The person reading the information about X character can't believe what they're reading and it's something that makes them reconsider almost everything.

So the entire scene comes off WAY more confusing when they're saying the opposite of what they're supposed to. "Oh this character is actually totally normal, how weird"

If you're curious
The character in question is the lead's girlfriend, who has been targeted by Ultraman Faust for reasons unknown to the cast. The information that's revealed is that she has a unique composition to her body that only a VERY select few people have. Like, five, world wide. And two out of those five? Became Ultraman. Something about it makes them viable hosts for the power of Ultraman. Meaning she could be a viable host for Ultraman. It also means that she's especially resistant to memory erasure, which she's acting like it happened without issue.

It's a huge revelation that something is seriously wrong and that things are going to get really, really bad. It's followed by things getting really, really bad.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

So the tone of the scene is one of shock and intrigue. The person reading the information about X character can't believe what they're reading and it's something that makes them reconsider almost everything.

So the entire scene comes off WAY more confusing when they're saying the opposite of what they're supposed to. "Oh this character is actually totally normal, how weird"

If you're curious
The character in question is the lead's girlfriend, who has been targeted by Ultraman Faust for reasons unknown to the cast. The information that's revealed is that she has a unique composition to her body that only a VERY select few people have. Like, five, world wide. And two out of those five? Became Ultraman. Something about it makes them viable hosts for the power of Ultraman. Meaning she could be a viable host for Ultraman. It also means that she's especially resistant to memory erasure, which she's acting like it happened without issue.

It's a huge revelation that something is seriously wrong and that things are going to get really, really bad. It's followed by things getting really, really bad.

Wow that Is a giant gently caress up. and that context in the spoilers sounds really Really neat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The one thing with Nexus is that it does have a movie that takes place before the main series, but they don't go into what happened with it until about...midway through?

For Reasons

They cover all of the relevant stuff with it when they get to it.

That's fine though because Ultraman The Next is just a really awesome movie. It works excellently as a stand alone thing, but also gives some nice background to what's up with Nexus without being hugely important.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

The one thing with Nexus is that it does have a movie that takes place before the main series, but they don't go into what happened with it until about...midway through?

For Reasons

They cover all of the relevant stuff with it when they get to it.

That's fine though because Ultraman The Next is just a really awesome movie. It works excellently as a stand alone thing, but also gives some nice background to what's up with Nexus without being hugely important.

So watch the movie beforehand got it.
do i need any other previous info on Ultraman outside of, Needs host in most cases, and turns into giant guy in costume to fight kaiju?.
Edit: Also some of them (at least in the original universe. because of course we have a multivers) are related (like UltraSeven and Zero)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

M.Matsuda posted:

So watch the movie beforehand got it.
do i need any other previous info on Ultraman outside of, Needs host in most cases, and turns into giant guy in costume to fight kaiju?.

Oh God no

Oh MY no

Nexus is an entirely self contained thing. The only thing that would have any significance is something that doesn't matter to the show itself, and wouldn't come up in the franchise as a whole for a few years later.

You can buy the movie by the by if it's not discontinued yet, but you can also find it on KissAsian. Really though, it might be best to go into Nexus with the show first, and then switch to the movie when they start talking about its events.

The first episode of Nexus is intentionally designed to gently caress with your expectations a bit.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Oh God no

Oh MY no

Nexus is an entirely self contained thing. The only thing that would have any significance is something that doesn't matter to the show itself, and wouldn't come up in the franchise as a whole for a few years later.

You can buy the movie by the by if it's not discontinued yet, but you can also find it on KissAsian. Really though, it might be best to go into Nexus with the show first, and then switch to the movie when they start talking about its events.

The first episode of Nexus is intentionally designed to gently caress with your expectations a bit.

Sweet.
and yeah i used KissAsian to get all of Ex-Aid. (I wish i'd known about it for liveman :negative:)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you do start watching Nexus, please post about it here.

I really want to see your reactions to it.

I love Nexus so much and I want to share that joy it gives to all

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

M.Matsuda posted:

while i am down for good fight scenes. and from what i hear a lack of stock footage. how's the plot? because that's Why i picked Liveman for my first. also i may talk badly about Liveman's giant robot fights. but i did enjoy it's plot and characters. (another reason i was excited to watch Ghost at first: OOH the guy who played Jou is The rider's dad :D)

It's good. It actually makes the villains genuinely competent, the heroes are not the best until the last two join but they're interesting, and the clash between both sides feels both personal and necessary for the world.

It suffers a bit in the beginning, but once it gets good, it gets really good.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

If you do start watching Nexus, please post about it here.

I really want to see your reactions to it.

I love Nexus so much and I want to share that joy it gives to all

I do infact plan on liveblogging more toku in here. I'm probably going to Nexus next. if only to have a change from Kamen Rider for a bit.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's good. It actually makes the villains genuinely competent, the heroes are not the best until the last two join but they're interesting, and the clash between both sides feels both personal and necessary for the world.

It suffers a bit in the beginning, but once it gets good, it gets really good.
And glad to hear this.

Either way time to Actually yell/liveblog more Kamen Rider. legit i started liveblogging here since i saw people enjoying everyone else's. and i decided that i needed a reason to both follow through and keep watching. and well. i like talking about things i enjoy. before i would just drag my friends/loved ones into fandom's, like JJBA for example. Also if you look closely. you can see me figure out How to post. i Literally learned how to spoiler tag During this.
Also shoutout to Waffleman_ because his posts on ex aid were what inspired me to do this.

Edit: Episode 37,:siren: EIGHT MORE EPISODES TO GO :siren: :toot:
Edit: oh thank you jesus :pray: that voice clip got REALLY really old,and hearing Saki's last words on repeat Cannot have been good for Hiiro's Sanity/self loathing.
Edit: Okay Saki's dad here's but where the gently caress are Nico's parents, because she's been basically Living with Taiga since episode 12.
Edit: aw jeeze he tried playing KR Chronicle to revive his daughter too. :(
Edit:Oh god AND a flashback to a Happier and nicer Taiga :smith:
Edit: and like Pokemon Go slowly the world moves on. (Also in the case of Go the patched out playing in a moving car. which was how me and my mom played)
Edit: And that bugster just got completly ignored and waved off by Parad :allears:
Edit: Oh Hiiro :smith: Also Taddle Legacy looks pretty sweet. :swoon:
Edit: Oh good Emu's using Hyper Muteki :ssj: on what's basically a random encounter :allears:
Edit: Hyper Muteki: Still Super Shiny :swoon:
Edit: AND a "You're Already Dead" :swoon:
Edit: oh Emu :gbsmith:
Edit:and the episode continues with making me :gbsmith:
Edit: AND THEN POPPY AND KIRIYA WERE HERE :allears: :swoon:
Edit:"we entered the game,to try and rerieve the data of those who vanished!" -man if that had actually worked,and i doubt it did at this point i've paused at (i've seen enough tv) than Kiriya offically would have become one the most competent characters i'd ever seen.
Edit: and i was right. because the data's encrypted :argh:
Edit: All right all three of them are going to go to Masamune :hellyeah: i know this likely won't work but damnit i like these three.
Edit: Hiiro. i think you need to stop going to the sad flashback stairs. it isn't good for you.
Edit: Aw sweet Poppy's helping too :toot:
Edit: Also all Emu's fights with Masamune are missing is someone going ROAD ROLLER DA! :allears: (please EX-AID give me this)
Edit: Poppy no. don't taunt the time mage
Edit: TAIGA JUST TRIED TO FIGHT GRAPHITE UN-HENSHINED (and dammnit it looks like i hit emote limit again. what's the etiqutte on double posting?)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's not double posting if some one replies to you asking if you can double post!

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

It's not double posting if some one replies to you asking if you can double post!
Thank you so much. it's more for when it's like 3 am and the thread is dead cause people are asleep

Edit: Oh drat Blood from the mouth too.
Edit: :suspense:
Edit: poo poo Taiga's REALLY injured. :suspense:
Edit: jesus :suspense: loving CHRIST EX-AID :magical:
Edit: AND THAT WAS THE END OF THE EPISODE TOO JESUS :tviv:
Edit: AND ONTO 38. BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST THAT CLIFFHANGER :magical: :suspense:
Edit: JESUS CHRIST HEART DAMAGE :magical: Look i know Masamune's gonna BITES ZA DUSTO everything but holy poo poo this is still intense and i don't know When That's happening. just that it is. but RIGHT NOW i'm loving invested, AND I DON'T WANT TAIGA TO DIE

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 2, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

M.Matsuda posted:

Edit: Oh drat Blood from the mouth too.

According to Kuroto's actor, that fake blood tastes really bad.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

According to Kuroto's actor, that fake blood tastes really bad.

this is excellent trivia thank you.

:suspense:
Edit:legit i've had to watch way too much grey's anatomy waiting for to watch Other things with my mom,and Kamen rider has gotten me to care more on the safety of a main character having lifesaving surgery done on them. (i watched House with my mom way too long ago to remember much about it)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 2, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What was that MMO where the devs intended some boss to be literally unbeatable and kept patching it to stop any tricks/exploits that succeeded at it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Caphi posted:

What was that MMO where the devs intended some boss to be literally unbeatable and kept patching it to stop any tricks/exploits that succeeded at it?
Final Fantasy XI, I think. Then they made a video "proving" it was beatable without actually explaining the intended method. At all.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Oh god the episode's called Period of tears :magical: :suspense:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
There's been a number of those. Pandemonium Warden of FF11 would be the example most known in Japan, where some particularly large allegiance of guilds spent days with people logging in at all hours and taking shifts attacking a thing and trying to kill it.

The story that got passed around the west a lot was The Sleeper from EverQuest because players actually did beat it by finding a weakness in it's AI routines, then got punished for hacking basically. It's a story that was to the public reflective of how new and untested MMOs were at the time, but to players was reflective of Verant's attitude that players were to suffer punishment and moral hazard and any exploits should be the players fault for exploiting it and not the developers for allowing it to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

:suspense: COME ON HIIRO. :pray:
Edit: And there he is. Hiiro you dramatic rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread