Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can we get this thread title changed, finally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Lol did he take a swing at an agent or somethinh

Assaulting a federal agent was separate from the charges for pointing guns at agents and making direct threats, so I'm going to guess ol' Cliven threw a jab at his arresting officer. Yes.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Casimir Radon posted:

He's a felon now, he can't vote.

David Fry is an ugly girl.

Thick black frames and he's Nana Moskouri

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Coors Truck delivering to FBI!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I am glad David is safe and will get the help he needs :unsmith:

Also, Mark, dude. Respect.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope he gets facefucked

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Coors Truck delivering to FBI!

The hotel from The Shining gets a fresh delivery of booze, live on KGW.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Jesus Gavin is a verbose dickhead. I so hope he gets something leveled at him in all of this.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Cliven Bundy is in Jail and the last occupier is in custody after a long public rant about chemical mutations, UFOs and weed. Its a good day for America.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

XK posted:

No weed and no cookie makes David... Oooh cookie!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I just love how we could hear all the FBI peeps saying "hallelujah" when David came out :3

but now I have that stupid Panic at the Disco song stuck in my head ugh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

XK posted:

The FBI was using the Overlook Hotel (the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood) as their base of operations.

I don't think I could have a bigger crush on FBI Mark.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I've been on the road for six hours, what the gently caress happened ?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ghetto Prince posted:

The occupation is over. Everyone is in jail.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I overslept. Is it all over? What happened? Please tell me there's no dead and they all got taken without a murder.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This thread blew up like 30+ pages overnight. Can someone please give me a recap?

Also was Cliven Bundy arrested? Lol.

Just overslept my alarm and woke up to get a parking ticket. I'm just going to pay my ~$70 fee with a smile and not walk into a DMV while holding a gun and exercising my free speech rights by saying I don't plan to leave and that I will violently resist my arrest if anyone steps on my Constitutional right to protest.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
we learned that obama is mutating americans with nuclear waste and hiding ufos from the public

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Krinkle posted:

I overslept. Is it all over? What happened? Please tell me there's no dead and they all got taken without a murder.

David even got a cookie!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Got a few snippets of the ranting during the negotiations; effectively highlights how batshit crazy these people are

y'know if you needed any more convincing

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Now that the drama is over, I'm here to make sure everyone read their constitution like they were told.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ghetto Prince posted:

The Tarptastic 4 are all going to the federal booty house for the rest of their lives.

And

Wait for it:

Cliven Bundy took a plane to Oregon and his dumb rear end was arrested getting off the plane.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

At one point david had his gun to his head because the batshit insane tea baggers on the phone with him were basically egging him on. Once they finally shut up for a bit the FBI had him in handcuffs in like 3 minutes.

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR
I'm imagining Mark as handsome, but in a not too handsome, approachable way. :love:

Caveman Cat has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Apr 12, 2017

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Prettz posted:

At one point david had his gun to his head because the batshit insane tea baggers on the phone with him were basically egging him on. Once they finally shut up for a bit the FBI had him in handcuffs in like 3 minutes.

That part was seriously hard to listen to. Hurrr lets talk a crazy guy off a ledge by sharing anecdotes about our pie faced children and saying " I don't know what else to tell you."

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Got a few snippets of the ranting during the negotiations; effectively highlights how batshit crazy these people are

y'know if you needed any more convincing

Don't forget their master plan hinged on taking over a gift shop.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
y'know what only one insane hick dying during this entire escapade is pretty good

good job FBI

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Tarptastic 4 are all going to the federal booty house for the rest of their lives.

And

Wait for it:

Cliven Bundy took a plane to Oregon and his dumb rear end was arrested getting off the plane.

Wow, I knew he was loving delusional, but I didn't realize he'd be dumb enough to leave Nevada.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ghetto Prince posted:

Wow, I knew he was loving delusional, but I didn't realize he'd be dumb enough to leave Nevada.

I guess the No Fly list worked well for once?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I missed the start of it. The fat guy and his wife went out hand in hand holding an American flag. :911:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

etalian posted:

I guess the No Fly list worked well for once?

No he flew to oregon just fine. When he touched down in Portland officers were waiting to arrest him.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
Vox is getting the important information out:

quote:

For nearly an hour, KrisAnne Hall, a Tea Party activist, and Gavin Seim, who ran the YouTube stream of the standoff, tried to talk him down with references to Christianity. Fry, a Messianic Jew, was unmoved by their arguments, and the activists became audibly frustrated.

"I cannot help you if you don't walk out," Hall said at one point. "You have to make the choice. What are you going to do? There's nothing else that I can do for you."

Finally, Fry stopped talking to Hall and Seim and began talking to an FBI negotiator. Within a few minutes, the situation was resolved.

"They're going to at least say a hallelujah," Fry said jubilantly, saying he was going to "get a cookie and one more cigarette" before surrendering with an "alrighty then."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr. Nice! posted:

No he flew to oregon just fine. When he touched down in Portland officers were waiting to arrest him.

"Welp, only reason I haven't been arrested is because I'm surrounded by insane men with guns 24/7. Guess I'll hop a plane to Oregon without my guns and the FBI will quiver at my power and be forced to agree to all of my deman..."

*handcuffs*

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Maybe I am not remembering this correctly but hasn't Cliven known that charges were pending since his stand off and that he could be arrested at anytime? I thought the FBI just basically said it's too dangerous to safely arrest him at his ranch but they would pop him whenever they felt they could safely do so. Like behind the security checkpoint at an airport.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm actually surprised that any of these gun nuts are willing to put down their blankies long enough to go through TSA security and board a flight. They must have felt so naked flying without their guns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Correct he's been arrested entirely for 2014 charges and there isn't anything new I read on his charge list from the current debacle.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I missed the start of it. The fat guy and his wife went out hand in hand holding an American flag. :911:

No but it was glorious, bag pipes playing and then the song "Lay me down in the cold, cold ground" it was loving amazing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Looks like Fry has been pro-bullet for a long time:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/david-fry-lavoy-finicum-malheur-refuge-occupatin-oregon/

quote:

Fry’s anger, often directed at authority, resulted in a strained relationship with his own father, William “Bill” Fry Jr. A former Marine, Bill Fry told OPB he had a “tough time” talking to his son about a host of subjects — most notably, politics.

“We used to both be Tea Party guys,” Fry Jr. said. “But we would argue even about that. I would always say ‘ballots over bullets’ and he would get real mad, and we couldn’t talk. He believes it.”

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

I am glad David is safe and will get the help he needs :unsmith:

Also, Mark, dude. Respect.

Lol if you think the American prison and judicial system is competent at dealing with mental illness

Well I mean unless he gets to go to a "Rich People Prison"

Also while I think the FBI did a great job here keep in mind that if any of them were black they'd have their guts sprayed across the forest floor weeks ago

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like how his parents just freely talk about what flaming shitwreck their son is.

"Oh yeah, that's our David. He'll probably force some poor policeman to shoot him. Yup, couldn't even hand a conversation about politics, let alone negotiating an armed stand off.

Anyway, he's all yours now, FBI. Hope you do a better job than we did."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After all of this I'm 1000% sure that Frye was an unmedicated schizo or something similar, and was trying to self medicate by smoking a ton of weed. I really hope he gets the help he needs, but at the very least I doubt he'll be in genpop for awhile