Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
From the NVIDIA Blog:

"Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards."

Looks like they're purposefully not saying if it's Maxwell or Pascal which is a bit worrying but maybe they want Nintendo to announce that first. Still hoping for Pascal.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I showed the trailer to my cat and as soon as the frames started to drop she puke up a giant hairball

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wicka posted:

yes, so did one of my coworkers. and then he immediately realized "oh well it's an ad, it's just pasted in there," because he is not insane.

seriously what it is it going to take for y'all to stop posting about this

Nobody is accusing you of being insane, just stupid, and I honestly doubt your coworker actually said that because it's also a really stupid thing to say (unless you're both part of the developmentally-disabled work outreach program Walmart does)

as about a dozen people in this thread have tried explaining to you, using lovely footage that makes your product look worse than it is is a really loving stupid thing to do when you're trying to showcase how great your product is

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

I showed the trailer to my wife who hasn't played a video game since the original Super Mario Bros. and one of her first comments was "why does the game look so choppy when he's playing it on the small screen?"

I showed this to my two year old and he said "Daddy, why is that man writing fanfiction conversations to win an argument about nothing in the Nintendonx thread?"

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

I showed the trailer to my wife who hasn't played a video game since the original Super Mario Bros. and one of her first comments was "why does the game look so choppy when he's playing it on the small screen?"

i showed this trailer to my six year old child, who is totally real, and they said in response, "It behooves me to point out that the sub-par framerate clearly evident in this marketing video is a clear detraction from the overall message, that being of a new style of console that has hybrid portable elements. Furthermore, it makes me question whether this is indicative of Nintendo failing to pay attention to details, for I am yet a child and do not understand that third party advertising agencies and video production studios make these sorts of things."

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks bad and it's gonna be bad. The sooner that Nintendo just give up on hardware, the better.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the 3ds looked and ran like poo poo in its previews too, when it released all it did was just look like poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HERE LOOK WHAT I DID

505 Games
Sniper Elite, Terraria, Defense Grid, Cooking Mama, Rocket League

Activision
Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Transformers, Skylanders, James Bond, Destiny

Arc System Works
Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Skullgirls, Melty Blood

Atlus
Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Trauma Center, Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Bandai Namco
Dark Souls, One Piece, Tales of Sequelia, Dragonball, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Sword Art Online

Bethesda
Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dishonored, Wolfenstein

Capcom
Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising, Dragon's Dogma, Okami

Codemasters
F1, Dirt, Grid, Overlord

EA
FIFA, Madden, NHL, NBA Live, SSX, Battlefield, Need for Speed, The Sims, Medal of Honor, Command & Conquer, Crysis, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Titanfall, Star Wars

From Software
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Armored Core

Frozenbyte
Shadowgrounds, Trine

Gametrust (Gamestop)
Song of the Deep

Grasshopper Manufacture (Suda51)
Killer is Dead, Sine Mora, Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes

GungHo
Puzzle & Dragons, Ragnarok, Grandia Online

Hamster Corporation
Sudoku, Arcade Archives

Inti Creates
Might No. 9, Shantae, Azure Striker Gunvolt, GAL GUN

Koei Tecmo
Atelier, Dead or Alive, Deception, Musou Warriors, Fatal Frame, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid: Other M

Konami (Pachinko)
Castlevania, Contra, Dance Dance Revolution, Suikoden, Metal Gear, Pro Evolution Soccer, Silent Hill, Bomberman

Level 5
Professor Layton, Yo-kai Watch, Fantasy Life, Ni No Kuni

Marvelous
Story of Seasons (formerly Harvest Moon), Senran Kagura

Maximum Games
Farming Simulator, Sherlock Holmes

Nippon Ichi Software
Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle, Criminal Girls, Legend of Heroes, Akiba's X, Nep-nep

Parity Bit
A bunch of Japanese sports and horse games

Platinum Games
The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Star Fox Zero, Scalebound, Nier: Automata, Revengeance

SEGA
Hatsune Miku, Yakuza, Sonic, Seaman

Spike Chunsoft
Conception: Please Deliver My Child, Fire Pro Wrestling

Square Enix
Star Ocean, Hitman, Dragon Quest, Sleeping Dogs, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, SaGa, Bubble Bobble

Starbreeze
Payday, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Take-Two
Grand Theft Auto, Civilization, NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, XCOM

Telltale
Sam & Max, Monkey Island, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, Minecraft: Story Mode, Batman: The Telltale Series

THQ Nordic
Spellforce, MX vs. ATV

Tokyo RPG Factory
I Am Setsuna

TT Games
LEGO games

Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Tom Clancy, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, Prince of Persia, Rayman, Watch Dogs

Warner Brothers
Batman Arkham, LEGO series, F.E.A.R., Mortal Kombat, Lord of the Rings, Dying Light

Recochoku
I think this is a music service maybe an iTunes or Spotify equivalent

Wwise
Audio middleware

Autodesk
Modeling middleware

Criware
Video encoding middleware

DeNA
Mobage and mobile ecommerce
(also Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Miitomo, etc.)

Epic
Unreal Engine
(also Gears of War etc.)

FMOD
Sound effects engine

Havok
Physics middleware

RAD game tools
Bink video (full-motion encoding)

Silicon Studio
Post-processing and graphics middleware
(also Bravely Default, 3D Game Dot Heroes)

Ubitus
Cloud service from Taiwan

Unity
Unity engine

Web Technology Corp.
Software and ASP Services, image optimization

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Boten Anna posted:

i showed this trailer to my six year old child, who is totally real, and they said in response, "It behooves me to point out that the sub-par framerate clearly evident in this marketing video is a clear detraction from the overall message, that being of a new style of console that has hybrid portable elements. Furthermore, it makes me question whether this is indicative of Nintendo failing to pay attention to details, for I am yet a child and do not understand that third party advertising agencies and video production studios make these sorts of things."

And that child's name was Albert Einstein.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Boten Anna posted:

I showed it to my harem of waifus and they all called me a baka :smith:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

I like how all the millennials in that promotional video live in impossibly good homes and apartments and not in rat and mould infested hovels as normal millennials do.

Like that lady in the rooftop scene probably has an amazing job to be able to afford that good of an apartment in the city.

"Day one purchase" Nintendo fans are successful, functioning adults but aren't afraid to show you their playful side with some gamin' on the go.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
New Mario game, neat.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I'm giving this thing ~a year after release before the masses of "the contacts broke because this is basically just a bunch of breaking points nailed together!" start rolling in.

On the plus side, the best thing to fix it will be to "blow on it", taking us right back to NES times and it becomes a beautiful, full circle.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

loving millennials and their detachable controllers. My Game Boy didn't need those to do its thing!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

Nobody is accusing you of being insane, just stupid, and I honestly doubt your coworker actually said that because it's also a really stupid thing to say (unless you're both part of the developmentally-disabled work outreach program Walmart does)

as about a dozen people in this thread have tried explaining to you, using lovely footage that makes your product look worse than it is is a really loving stupid thing to do when you're trying to showcase how great your product is

am i being punk'd

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Boten Anna posted:

I don't think "I showed my wife a video game trailer" is far-fetched enough to warrant that detailed a response but I like it anyway

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Super No Vacancy posted:

HERE LOOK WHAT I DID

None of the cool games from that list will come out on the Switch. The lovely shovelware that's cheap to port will, just like every other Nintendo console for the last 10 years.

quote:

Spike Chunsoft
Conception: Please Deliver My Child, Fire Pro Wrestling

this is the sort of amazing 3rd party support you can expect

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 20, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

the amount of people complaining about framerates of fake game footage in a teaser trailer makes me weep for humanity

I'm creeped out by them because I just looked at the nice pictures and those strange aliens pretending to be humans looked at the ad and immediately registered all the frame rates with their alien eyes

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

I don't think "I showed my wife a video game trailer" is far-fetched enough to warrant that detailed a response but I like it anyway

Post the loving wife or get out.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Saoshyant posted:

loving millennials and their detachable controllers. My Game Boy didn't need those to do its thing!

No you were too busy working at the iron forges building America to have time to play gameboy.

Tender Bender posted:

Wife means life sized anime girl pillow in goonspeak.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Post the loving two year old

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How do you raise the roof at a rooftop party?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I will buy a Nintendo Switch.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kelp Me! posted:

The game goes in the portable part, right? I don't think the base has anything much more than an upscaler of some sort.

Is it even possible to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on a 6" screen if you're not pressing your nose up against the glass?

The base has additional RAM and seemingly a second Tegra for some kind of SLI arrangement. But more importantly for Smash, the base has USB ports, which means Gamecube controllers, which are used by 80% of the competitive playerbase.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Look at these IDIOTS excited for videogames from obviously doomed to fail Nintendo Switch hahahahahahhahaha lmbo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This sure is a gaming system!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo Switch: Please Deliver My Child

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bardeh posted:

None of the cool games from that list will come out on the Switch. The lovely shovelware that's cheap to port will, just like every other Nintendo console for the last 10 years.
I mean I know you're being bitter and/or joking, but several of the games on there are Nintendo-only software to begin with

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Look at these IDIOTS excited for videogames from obviously doomed to fail Nintendo Switch hahahahahahhahaha lmbo

The Nintendo videogames are going to be cool, as they always are. It's just a shame they're tied to lovely hardware over and over again.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Where's Metroid

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nintendo's Witch: When you see it you'll be Spellbound

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

wicka posted:

i wonder if the genius bar ever had to deal with complaints that the ting tings' "shut up and let me go" wasn't playing on a 24/7 loop for all iphone users

wait what you can turn this off

can anyone show me how to turn off this feature

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

shyduck posted:

This sure is a gaming system!

is what I'm gonna be shouting from the top of the tallest mountain the next time I go hunting with my friends as we play mario kart around the campfire

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lemming posted:

Where's Metroid

Super No Vacancy posted:

Koei Tecmo
Atelier, Dead or Alive, Deception, Musou Warriors, Fatal Frame, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid: Other M

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If it gets Monster Hunter 5 I will buy it, I am a leaf on the dusty winds of Capcom.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Snooze Cruise posted:

How do you raise the roof at a rooftop party?

The sky's the limit

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Pierson posted:

If it gets Monster Hunter 5 I will buy it, I am a leaf on the dusty winds of Capcom.

If it has dark souls I will buy it so I can show off to everyone on the train that I am better than them.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I hope they make a new Micromachines game for the NS, I already have good memories of playing multilayer with half a controller.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wicka posted:

it's an ad

I think someone at Nintendo would have noticed the negative impact the first ad ever for the Switch would have if the handheld falsely showed a bad frame rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I think someone at Nintendo would have noticed the negative impact the first ad ever for the Switch would have if the handheld falsely showed a bad frame rate.

they probably didn't screen it to any autists

• Locked thread