Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

rabidsquid posted:

i dunno what league y'all are watching but the current standard lanes meta heavily incentivizes ganking and snowballing a lane and winning the game in the first ten minutes

Games decided in 10 minutes but taking 30 minutes to play out is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

dicks assassin posted:

Games decided in 10 minutes but taking 30 minutes to play out is not good.

And stronger junglers are going to rectify that how?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

iSurrender posted:

The Fnatic/G2 situation will have no significant consequences for either org, sorry, but only internet babbies think the situation is comparable to Badawigate.

I am also not just emptyquoting Keven.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i wonder if monte cristo believes any of the poo poo he was saying

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Here's Kevens thoughts:

- he's fairly over Thornin and would much rather listen to QTpie and Scarras show now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Why can't they just buff a bunch of junglers so that jungling is actually super awesome?

Why does it always have to be some trio of limp dick gimped pieces of poo poo who are only good for the ways they cheat the mechanics of jungling?

Because as soon as you buff a jungler it becomes an OP toplaner.

e: I'm sort of being facetious here but this really is a problem. Rek'sai would be an incredibly OP toplaner if she scaled at all, etc.

e:

double edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtXpQ5fn5g

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 8, 2016

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Because as soon as you buff a jungler it becomes an OP toplaner.

e: I'm sort of being facetious here but this really is a problem. Rek'sai would be an incredibly OP toplaner if she scaled at all, etc.

It's not just the champions themselves. Remember when Red smite was a lot stronger and we ended up with Cinderhulk Shyvanna top? And how that was really annoying? Or Runeglaive Ez/Ori mid? Heck, back before the jungle smite changes mid laners used to pick up the AP jungle item so they could get a heal off of a camp after pushing a wave.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just watched TSM vs SKT scrim. It definitely played like a scrim/high elo soloq game. TSM lost all lanes early game. Top/Mid skt had favorable matchups but Hauntzer got solo killed even though Svenskeren had just killed Duke. Bot I thought it should be even but SKT's duo pushed them most of the game had cs advantage. Mid also had cs advantage in favor for Faker he also set up ganks perfectly with azir sec right into Nid.

Main problem was that in many teamfights Doubelift e forward and got chunked out of the fight immediately. I know he has a tahm kench but that was some of the worst Lucian teamfighting ive seen. Why would u ever e into a comp with Azir/Jhin. He got one shot almost every fight and few fights Biofrost managed to save him.

Rest of the team played well enough. If Bjergsen or Hauntzer had a favorable lane they might have had an impact earlier.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm glad to see that, nearly six years after his professional career began, Doublelift still loves to loving get in there and be immediately blown up as a consequence.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Apparently in that game it's not a Duke smurf SKT are playing with, just some random D5 ADC.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh ya Bjergsen does say early on "Who their sub top is?". That's kinda sad then that TSM can't even beat them without their real Toplaner. Actually Yasuo is good vs Gnar but that guy was pretty good. He got ganked super early and still poo poo on Hauntzer all game without any help.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tsm lost one scrim game, can never beat skt now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, he has to test his limits and learn how much poke from a midlaner he can take in a fight while still being able to live and put out his damage. this is huge for any good ADC. for example, in the fight that ends the C9 v TSM game, Doublelift Es forward, gets massively chunked by Taliyah and Jhin, and the entire back half of the fight is based on his insane kiting after that.

now that said, my favorite moment in the game was when Double+Bio ult behind SKT's top tier 2 and Double pops right out of Bio's mouth and into Last Breath.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

rabidsquid posted:

tsm lost one scrim game, can never beat skt now

*sheds tear, rips American flag in half*

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

Why can't they just buff a bunch of junglers so that jungling is actually super awesome?

Why does it always have to be some trio of limp dick gimped pieces of poo poo who are only good for the ways they cheat the mechanics of jungling?

Because solo lanes ruin everything for junglers

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I promise you I don't give a poo poo about a televised scrim lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*checks the notes*

it appears that tsm, hold on a moment. lost a scrim?? we've got word that they recently lost a scrim. they're bad, they possess zero skills now, having recently lost. cloud 9 still on pace to win every game at worlds, but how will they handle this skt team that is also on pace to not be able to lose?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually i think na is in position to do better than they have in a long time, but we'll see. it's hard to predict how even some small meta changes will effect teams. it's most likely going to favor the teams that are slower to adapt but better at honing, since none of the changes this year look that significant. other than i guess some regions have played on 6.15 a lot less than others have professionally.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I just want one League of Legends World Championship Series before I die where NA doesn't let out a long, drawn out fart as soon as they get on the Worlds stage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I honestly think that TSM is better than a lot of teams at worlds this year. They may be right at about Samsung's level. There's no reason they can't make it out of groups.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Vermain posted:

I'm glad to see that, nearly six years after his professional career began, Doublelift still loves to loving get in there and be immediately blown up as a consequence.

People's risk taking proclivities and/or risk aversion do not change over time or even over games.

If you play games with a group of friends for years and years you'll notice the same patterns of behavior among them in every game they play, from MMOs, to MOBAs, to Poker.

It's a personality thing, not a game-playing ability thing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Scrim is a scrim but losing to a d4 adc as a toplaner is pretty impressive only TSM could do that good job.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Vermain posted:

I just want one League of Legends World Championship Series before I die where NA doesn't let out a long, drawn out fart as soon as they get on the Worlds stage.

can't wait for clg just to let one rip

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well with laning skill important now as well as mid-jungle synergy and skill i think clg is very, very unlikely to turn things around for this tournament.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Whichever group gets CLG as 2ndpool team is going to be so lucky. I think even Splyce will do better than them because their laning phase isn't as bad as CLG even though they are kinda similar teams.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

well with laning skill important now as well as mid-jungle synergy and skill i think clg is very, very unlikely to turn things around for this tournament.

If CLG gets out of groups I will change my avatar to an amazing CLG-related custom title that also talks about how dumb I am.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ulio posted:

Scrim is a scrim but losing to a d4 adc as a toplaner is pretty impressive only TSM could do that good job.

i can't believe a gnar lost to 6.17 yasuo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

losing to a d4 top laner isn't that impressive. legitimately how many teams in league history would have a 100% win rate against SKT + a d4.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
tsm rabidsquid

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

reginald pays me to discredit thorin and montecristo

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah. I think part of what made CLG look better earlier in the year was good use of lane swaps and rotations to avoid straight up matchups. In the current meta they can't do as much to make up for just having weak laners.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm trying to think of who the other weakest pool 2 team is, maybe H2K?

I'd like to see a group with the two weakest possible 2 seeds so that an IWC team can make it the round of 8. That's my dream every year.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I'm trying to think of who the other weakest pool 2 team is, maybe H2K?

I'd like to see a group with the two weakest possible 2 seeds so that an IWC team can make it the round of 8. That's my dream every year.

oh other weakest. Yeah either H2K or AHQ. I'm leaning to H2K but it could be either.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I think either wildcard has a chance of escaping a group with clg/h2k as the 2nd pool draws.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if there is any justice in this world doublelift will lose to brazil again

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'd like NA to do well.

It would be cool if finals wasn't korea v korea too.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I think this is honestly the year that China does real well and maybe takes it. EDG and RNG both seem well suited to this meta.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TSM can probably do pretty well before the emergency buffs to all fakers champs go through.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I think it will probably end up one of EDG/RNG vs. one of ROX/SKT. Not exactly a bold prediction I know, but still. I think China will do way better than last year and Europe will do way worse than last year. Still need to see the group drawings though (they are the 10th right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

11 AM PDT on the 10th, yes.

Also, as far as I know, that scrim leaking was a mistake. Again.

• Locked thread