Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Just spotted Ash Ketchum top & centre.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why does every photo of that guy look like a still from Weekend at Bernie's 3?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Is that a PS Vita?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
allow me to demonstrate my unparalleled headgiving technique

https://twitter.com/VideosFolder/status/1276247776079368192

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So much for the Grapefruit Method

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

...yep? Some exec walked by thinking, "Metroid is a woman?! We can sex that up a bit."

Don't worry, Gamers™. I know the character's name isn't actually Metroid. It's Ridley.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

my Metroid story is that I was drawing crude and amateurish Metroid fanart as a little kid and my mom said "why does he" (mom hadn't beaten the game under a certain time limit, you see) (and, to be fair, neither had I) "have to have a gun" and so I dutifully changed the end of Samus's arm cannon into a big old compass

now mom loves guns and re-opening businesses early so I guess the true Space Pirate is... YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The last COVID is in captivity
The galaxy is at peace

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

The galaxy is at peace

my mom: did you have to shoot all the COVIDs with your gun

also my mom: I sure wish they'd re-open SR-388

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

allow me to demonstrate my unparalleled headgiving technique

https://twitter.com/VideosFolder/status/1276247776079368192

text me

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Bloop posted:

The galaxy is at peace

Oh god so that means there’s going to be a gigantic COVID at the end

...but it also means that the giant COVID is going to save us from something even worse

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Oh god so that means there’s going to be a gigantic COVID at the end

...but it also means that the giant COVID is going to save us from something even worse

Mother Brainless

:chaostrump:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

My favorite picture on the forums is the one at the end of Jeffrey's announcement.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cyrano4747 posted:

My favorite picture on the forums is the one at the end of Jeffrey's announcement.

Yeah, that's some top shelf updating of a dear old friend.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

nice

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cyrano4747 posted:

:same:

Somehow gives me hope

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Why does every photo of that guy look like a still from Weekend at Bernie's 3?

A while back John Oliver did a piece on Boris Johnson and how his whole wild hair and goofus personality is all calculated to make people take him less seriously so he can get away with poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cyrano4747 posted:

TBH though that would have also been the perfect sign-off image to post as the very last post on SA before shutting down.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"buhhh, tell me about the bunnies, George"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

muscles like this! posted:

A while back John Oliver did a piece on Boris Johnson and how his whole wild hair and goofus personality is all calculated to make people take him less seriously so he can get away with poo poo.

He’s good friends with Andrew Sullivan who did the same kind of bait and switch poo poo for years until it became ok to drop kayfabe

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'll allow it in PYF... with a note added to his permanent record.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'll allow it in PYF... with a note added to his permanent record.

Mods already afraid to speak truth to power. New SA is off to a bad start.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Mods already afraid to speak truth to power. New SA is off to a bad start.

<Paul Giamatti voice>

One day, when you're sitting where I'm sitting, you just try using your buttons to probate Jeffrey, and see what you get in your inbox.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
long live Stupid Internet Club

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

<Paul Giamatti voice>

One day, when you're sitting where I'm sitting, you just try using your buttons to probate Jeffrey, and see what you get in your inbox.

Oh god does he have the sounding pics?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh god does he have the sounding pics?

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I skipped 50 pages of this thread because I got sad at the idea of these forums imploding. You all are hilarious and keep it up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Not while that rod is in there, he won't.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

muscles like this! posted:

I read a description a journalist wrote about seeing Johnson speaking at some big dinner, how he got up to the podium all befuddled, couldn't find his notes and ended up having to speak off the cuff, but it was very entertaining. Then the same guy saw him at another thing weeks later and johnson gave exactly the same 'off the cuff' performance.

It's 100% an act, 100% of the time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pookah posted:

I read a description a journalist wrote about seeing Johnson speaking at some big dinner, how he got up to the podium all befuddled, couldn't find his notes and ended up having to speak off the cuff, but it was very entertaining. Then the same guy saw him at another thing weeks later and johnson gave exactly the same 'off the cuff' performance.

Been said before that his whole thing is that he's an idiot pretending to be a smart person pretending to be an idiot

and that most of britain is literally trained from birth to reflexively obey a particular accent

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

The Bloop posted:

long live Stupid Internet Club

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I forget who told this one, but Johnson was about to walk out onto the stage when an aid spoke up “Boris, your hair!”

It was sitting down like a normal person’s hair, so Johnson licked a hand and ruffled it up.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Pookah posted:

'Boris' isn't even his first name, or the one that he goes by in private. It's his political persona.

His real name is 'Alex', as in 'Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson'

There's no way this is an accident:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Ym8Dvjv.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1276399033934897152