Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I was a little bummed there isn't a hose hand attachment but I guess maybe they just relocated where his fluids come out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

I nearly bought one but uh

I feel like I am going to see exactly one on sale and it'll be in this condition.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I didnt get into transformers until 2016ish and one of my first toys was TR Rumble and I'll always think of Rumble of red and black for that reason.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The_Doctor posted:

I nearly bought one but uh

Embarassing how the cartoon got his head completely wrong for an entire show, smdh

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fsmhunk posted:

I didnt get into transformers until 2016ish and one of my first toys was TR Rumble and I'll always think of Rumble of red and black for that reason.

Because that's the color Rumble is, you see.

The color error was fixed in the Japanese dub. Frenzy (the blue one) gets a lot more screen time there.

The fix was renaming them properly according to the toy colors, and as all Transformers media exists To Sell Toys...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Legacy Leader Galvatron for $33 with an $8 coupon brings him down to $25ish if you're looking for him.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Do I have to bring out yellow rumble again?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

bring back bumblejumper

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
All the humanoid tapes are now Enemy, problem solved.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Getting close to "I don't see color" transformer racism here :biglips:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Legacy Metroplex for $114 after coupon

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...80-890f5a4e2f90

edit: Blaster deal over

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 9, 2022

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Comfortador posted:

Getting close to "I don't see color" transformer racism here :biglips:

Cybertron is all just one nice big smelting pot

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Marmaduke! posted:

Cybertron is all just one nice big smelting pot

Straxus alt spotted.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Straxus alt spotted.

He just wanted to make sure that no one had any special arms.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Nodosaur posted:

You've certainly given me something to think about, but I'm sorry. I can't see Rumble being blue different from, say, Brawn showing up alive in Carnage in C-Minor. It's a mistake, and I think Hasbro would be better sticking to one vision for this character for the sake of not confusing people who aren't terminally on-line like the rest of us.

I'm sure that there is an Ehobby/Botcon retcon that deals with this by now

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Medullah posted:

Legacy Leader Galvatron for $33 with an $8 coupon brings him down to $25ish if you're looking for him.

I see the $33 but I don’t see the coupon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I see the $33 but I don’t see the coupon.

Maybe it was limited time only. :(

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So was bored and speculating what it would look like if Hasbro did official collector's guides for Transformers, the first thing to come to mind is that it would definitely need to be a multi volume series due to just how much stuff the franchise has done, which leads to the next question, how to divide up each volume, doing it in a purely chronological order feels a bit off, so here's what I'm roughly thinking would be how the first couple volumes would go;

Volume 1: G1, G2, and Machine Wars

Volume 2: Beast Wars, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars II, and Beast Machines

Volume 3: Car Robots/RID 2001, Unicron Trilogy, Universe 2003

Past that things get a bit messy, probably would lump all of the Animated onward TV show lines into a single volume, do two volumes for the live action movie lines(first volume covering the up through Dark of The Moon, second volume covering the rest), and probably do two to three volumes to cover all the "CHUG" type lines, and maybe a volume to cover both the various fan club/convention figures and the "Pre-Transformers" stuff like Diaclone & Micro-Man/Change(maybe stick the Beastformers/Battle Beasts here as well if there isn't room in the G1 volume as well)

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Tighclops posted:

I feel like this is going to happen more often with the open boxes they use now

It was every single one at the Tukwila, WA Target I went to the other day.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Mr. Yuk posted:

It was every single one at the Tukwila, WA Target I went to the other day.
How many was that? It seems likely that someone popped the heads off and stashed them somewhere if there's more than one or two.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
stashed them in their pocket

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The stealing head thing was a dumb social media thing: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/stealing-lebrons-head

Shame it's happening to transformers now.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Arquinsiel posted:

How many was that? It seems likely that someone popped the heads off and stashed them somewhere if there's more than one or two.

I think I saw roughly 10 or 12 hanging on pegs with missing heads. It wasn't any specific one, either, it was every Transformer on the peg with an open window like that. It bummed me out big time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They should put them in alt mode like the Velocitron line. They look good like that!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The first episode of Earthspark is up on the Nick UK youtube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgs9h-1UiS4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s got some interesting ideas, and I want to see more! The 84 flashback is great too :D

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Mr. Yuk posted:

I think I saw roughly 10 or 12 hanging on pegs with missing heads. It wasn't any specific one, either, it was every Transformer on the peg with an open window like that. It bummed me out big time.
I guess either it's a new meme or someone's just removing the heads off everything.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

People are sometimes just arseholes.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Someone got ahold of Rise of the Beasts Airazor.

I never really disliked the Bay designs, but it's cool to see how close they're sticking to the original looks for the robots. I also like how they handled the transformation - letting the arms become the bird legs and making the robot legs part of the wings results in a nicer bird mode than the weird goatse position the BW/Kingdom versions end up in.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Style posted:

I never really disliked the Bay designs, but it's cool to see how close they're sticking to the original looks for the robots. I also like how they handled the transformation - letting the arms become the bird legs and making the robot legs part of the wings results in a nicer bird mode than the weird goatse position the BW/Kingdom versions end up in.

That's a drat fine looking Airrazor.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif
Look at this little miracle!

He's SO good! What a difference!

He even almost (it doesn't "lock) fits in Soundwaves chest!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is that the Dr Wu Slamdance?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Is that the Dr Wu Slamdance?

That's Squawkbox

This is Slamdance

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bangbox and Harkdance, got it

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

I had to check TFWiki to be sure.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Robot Style posted:

That's cool enough that I might actually give a poo poo about a Beast Wars character.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

That's cool enough that I might actually give a poo poo about a Beast Wars character.

wow which cat took a poo poo in your cereal

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

wow which cat took a poo poo in your cereal
All of them because I'm pretty much the thread's registered Beast Wars disliker.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Imagine disliking one of only two transformers TV shows to ever tell a complete, entertaining story with characters that grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Did somebody say "characters that grow"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETf2eIDRDoM&t=15s