Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

WWE is going to make a full blown musical out of spite aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Someone like Seth or Roman will make a snarky comment in an interview and then 2 weeks later Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss will have a sing-a-long Funhouse.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If you haven't been paying attention, you might have missed the feud of the year in the last 24 hours: Danhausen vs Pro Wrestling Illustrated

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1319054716710625280?s=20

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1319295363593965568?s=20

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1319296660984320002?s=20

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
wack

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, it was super jarring when you originally watch it because you feel like it's going one direction and then things fall off the rails and you feel like something is very wrong. But it was wonderfully avant-garde as it went along and the things you'd originally want to criticize it for became larger trapping as a part of Jericho and MJF's character work. Like, obviously, the avant-garde is going to be a thing that receives backlash, but like you said it is pushing the medium forward in terms of methods to generate characters, stories, and audience reaction.

I also feel like even if you REALLY REALLY felt the need to explain this in kayfabe, you can. Jericho and MJF, in storyline, are both glory hounds and have huge egos. When sent to do a taped dinner together (and they would know it was taped, because in AEW the cameras are not invisible), it's not crazy to think that their characters would conspire together to do a song and dance number that would get them more attention. And it plays into MJF sucking up to Jericho and playing like they are friends.

I'm happy to just let it lie as a fever dream without explanation but we're not into magical realms of impossibility here or anything.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Akileese posted:

WWE is going to make a full blown musical out of spite aren't they?

This, or someone will start doing a musical and someone much cooler will beat the ever loving dog poo poo out of them.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

STAC Goat posted:

Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss will have a sing-a-long Funhouse.

And WWE stans will say 'oh sure it was funny and cool when AEW did it'
To which you can only say...nothing really. Just let them flap their gums as their universe burns.
(Also we probably would eat it up if the whole gimmick wasn't a year past its expiration date and the segment wasn't surrounded by manufactured misery).

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE will have Elias do a musical number. The problem is Elias can’t play or sing well at all for someone whose gimmick is musician and singer. Vince has a bad eye for talent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince is writing up a new contract for Aiden English as we speak

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that Elias has an actual album coming out next week from what I’ve heard so if that does well, we may get more music stuff in the shows to come.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Eat My Fuc posted:

WWE will have Elias do a musical number. The problem is Elias can’t play or sing well at all for someone whose gimmick is musician and singer. Vince has a bad eye for talent.
gently caress Elias. El Vagabundo, now there’s a star in the offing

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'd get back into wrestling if they went full musical with it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1317502362592763905

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Val not even breaking a hundred likes in five days with three dramatically more famous guys tagged in is pretty good, the dude can't even get right wing bot farms to give a poo poo about him with all of those powerful buzzwords

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

Val not even breaking a hundred likes in five days with three dramatically more famous guys tagged in is pretty good, the dude can't even get right wing bot farms to give a poo poo about him with all of those powerful buzzwords

It stinks of sour grapes

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I will keep that tweet in mind to avoid buying any movies or merch that have val venis in it. Good thing that’s not really an obstacle anyone has to deal with.

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

gently caress Elias. El Vagabundo, now there’s a star in the offing

NXT completely misreading how the crowd would react to that segment and having a face beat up Elias to loud boos was an early indicator of becoming a WWE show.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

#val fact: val venis has smoked so much weed his brain has turned into a solid glob of resin

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Drake Wuertz might be the only person in the business still close to Joey.

Edit: The screenshot doesn't pick up on it but in the see more he says "Swipe for Joey and Candice Show clips" which is what the Drake clip above is from. I'm sure she loves him still mentioning that show whenever he can.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 22, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1311896521202372616

from a few weeks ago but lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Drake Wuertz might be the only person in the business still close to Joey.

Edit: The screenshot doesn't pick up on it but in the see more he says "Swipe for Joey and Candice Show clips" which is what the Drake clip above is from. I'm sure she loves him still mentioning that show whenever he can.

theres like a 45% chance wwe signs joey ryan

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I kinda liked Drake for awhile, despite his being a huge dumbass. Or maybe because of it? Either way my enjoyment of him has eroded to nothing over the past 6 months.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i liked him because i loved that mid 2000s - mid 2010s era of PWG but he and a couple of others have done a lot to erode that goodwill towards them.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Something about a born again Christian death match wrestler really tickled me. I don't spend a lot of time on social media, so aside from what I see in this thread, I've been fairly insulated from the creepier poo poo. I guess he always just struck me as a character rather than a fully formed person. Like a wacky neighbor on a sitcom. Whatever. He sucks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ObserverQuotes/status/1311339073513160704

Had that deal went through it probably would have changed wrestling's history

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i imagine it going like regal in new japan

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure it wouldn't have gone well for him but it would have taken a key piece out of the NWO plan and the wrestling boom of 96-98 and who knows what the pro wrestling landscape in America would look like now

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Orange Carlisle posted:

https://twitter.com/ObserverQuotes/status/1311339073513160704

Had that deal went through it probably would have changed wrestling's history
And as far as I can tell it was true, right? IIRC, between payoffs being down and the grind, Hall has talked about wanting to do something different and take AJPW tours to prove himself, and Vince immediately shutting the idea down was one of the reasons he just went for the guaranteed WCW deal.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1319475535987302401

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don’t think Drake is a bad person. He’s just every born again Christian ever who feels like they have to make up for lost time so they try to save the absolute worst loving people imaginable.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Knife Pervert is a good guy

https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1319292711782944770?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think...

Rarity posted:

gently caress THANK YOU SWITCHBLADE

...about sums it up :shobon:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jay is the most detestable heel and some day he is going to be the most incredible babyface

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1319558092288294913?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He capitalized the o, a shameful and unseemly display of excitement.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

gently caress it - my next campaign, my Rogue is going to be based on Orange Cassidy.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jerusalem posted:

He capitalized the o, a shameful and unseemly display of excitement.

Nah he was probably typing on a phone that auto capitalized the first word, it would have been more effort to hit the key to make it lower case

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t think Drake is a bad person. He’s just every born again Christian ever who feels like they have to make up for lost time so they try to save the absolute worst loving people imaginable.

QAnon is just filled with great people. Especially the ones who raise money for the dangerous vigilante aspects of it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:laffo: Val Venis just jumping headlong into old man territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Nah he was probably typing on a phone that auto capitalized the first word, it would have been more effort to hit the key to make it lower case

I stand corrected (and relieved!)

I hope he sighed when he saw it was capitalized and took a second before mustering the effort to hit the k.