Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

What haopened
Edit: What Electric Phantasm said.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everything starts off okay, they beat the people that boarded their ship, they beat one of the elite 4 dudes, then the dude who beat the elite 4 gets shot and everything just starts going to poo poo until everyone is captured.

Then the bad guy gathers them up in some underground, tells them he sold off the two mascot characters to a junk shop, chops off the arm of the dude who got shot, reveals that they didn't actually beat the people who boarded their ship and he now has control of the ship, and when the MC is giving his hot blooded "I will beat you" speech the bad guy shoots him in the head and the manga goes "yes he just loving died"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That looks.... interesting, but it's also by dude who wrote Fairy Tail, so chance for it sticking is pretty much 0. :shrug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

time travel is a part of the setting so yea, there's no chance of that sticking. I wouldn't expect that to stick in any shonen series

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I don't believe it sticking either, but all things considered it's pretty huge loss for a Shounen gang.

Also tbh I'm not expecting time fuckery, just plain old fuckery. Being dead doesn't stop a Shounen protag from coming back to life even moreso since Shiki's ability isn't gravity, but "Satan Gravity"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I don't believe it sticking either, but all things considered it's pretty huge loss for a Shounen gang.

Also tbh I'm not expecting time fuckery, just plain old fuckery. Being dead doesn't stop a Shounen protag from coming back to life even moreso since Shiki's ability isn't gravity, but "Satan Gravity"

Also I see Eden's Zero guns work on One Piece rules.

Getting shot in the loving head execution style is pretty up there in terms of shonen loss

Also the creepy torture earth guy is Mashima's inner voice.
and Ill bet he goes to a real life group therapy for mangaka

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I really hope he sticks the landing regardless of how things progress from here.

Manatee Cannon posted:

time travel is a part of the setting so yea, there's no chance of that sticking. I wouldn't expect that to stick in any shonen series
The event itself? Probably not. The mental beating? Oh that can and will stick. :unsmigghh:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 28, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

I really hope he sticks the landing regardless of how things progress from here.

The event itself? Probably not. The mental beating? Oh that can and will stick. :unsmigghh:

That would explain rear end in a top hat Shiki in that dream Rebecca had.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New SHY, no. I am not crying.

Spider-man: Fake Red might also be closing up shop. The sales for volume 1 are going to make or break if we get a continuation. Shame because this is one of the better spider-man stories I've read in some years.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We Never Learn

YEAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYY

I'm so proud of all these dumb idiot babies :3:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mikl posted:

We Never Learn

YEAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYY

MASSIVE amounts of salt and references to other romcoms with shaded salt over at Mangadex.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

doomrider7 posted:

MASSIVE amounts of salt and references to other romcoms with shaded salt over at Mangadex.

You think that's something, (don't under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) find the Korean raws and translate the comments there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ha ha ha ha ha Korean comment sections.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I have to admit, (regarding WNL) the ending both makes complete sense if you've been paying attention to how Nariyuki dealt with the girls all this time, and is immensely unsatisfying when you realize that anywhere from four to seven girls were completely in love with this guy and only one even got the chance to confess.

But the Korean audience being incredibly salty because the "black girl" won is a whole 'nother level.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mirage posted:

But the Korean audience being incredibly salty because the "black girl" won is a whole 'nother level.

Are you kidding :psyduck:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mirage posted:

I have to admit, (regarding WNL) the ending both makes complete sense if you've been paying attention to how Nariyuki dealt with the girls all this time, and is immensely unsatisfying when you realize that anywhere from four to seven girls were completely in love with this guy and only one even got the chance to confess.

Do they not know she's got a tan/a gyaru?

(But yes I am salty over Uruka winning cause she's the blandest pick)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
what the gently caress

e. er, that was referring to the they're mad because the black girl won bit

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Ignoring how racist that poo poo is, does Korea not having tanned people or understand how tanning works? Like WTF?!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wnl was super sweet. And it seems the Rizu/ Sekijo ship hasn't set sail yet. :)

Mashle was funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Dear God they are just cheating at this point in Chainsaw man.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
WNL was so good!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Is anyone else getting tired of the "Everyone has the hots for Chris" gag in agravity boys?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Was tired of that in chapter 1.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Is anyone else getting tired of the "Everyone has the hots for Chris" gag in agravity boys?

It shouldn't have gone past the last chapter for the new group. Going for the hat trick here is boring when the new guys already have all their personality shoved into the captain of their crew.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

its simply the manga reflecting reality

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Brought To You By posted:

Dear God they are just cheating at this point in Chainsaw man.

Chainsaw man is love Chainsaw man is life.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The fight in Jujutsu Kaisen was pretty good too. Mashle and Miitama Busters continue to be very charming as well

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mikl posted:

We Never Learn

YEAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYY

Senpai

Was

Robbed

:arghfist:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

doomrider7 posted:

Ignoring how racist that poo poo is, does Korea not having tanned people or understand how tanning works? Like WTF?!

If I recall correctly, some Koreans see being super pale as beautiful.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

SpazmasterX posted:

If I recall correctly, some Koreans see being super pale as beautiful.

It's not just a Korean thing. Colourism is unfortunately pretty prevalent over here in Asia.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm super salty about the cover page.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zipman's weird. looks like it's getting cancelled but this chapter just feels like they skipped to partway through the final arc

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zipman reminds me of Blue Exorcist with the brothers.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Archenteron posted:

I'm not really tired of it, but this chapter was pretty boring. I was hoping for more Mysterious Being action, especially if he wanted to screw over the new guys. :allears:

Manatee Cannon posted:

zipman's weird. looks like it's getting cancelled but this chapter just feels like they skipped to partway through the final arc

If I ignore the fact that I have no idea what's going on, then this chapter was pretty intense.

edit: Man those mangadex salty tears are fantastic.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 2, 2020

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

doomrider7 posted:

tanned skin is associated with being poor, uneducated, doing manual labor in the sun etc. (along with the usual racism)

i think its weird people like tanned skin because its just skin damage, personally

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Relin posted:

tanned skin is associated with being poor, uneducated, doing manual labor in the sun etc. (along with the usual racism)

i think its weird people like tanned skin because its just skin damage, personally

I've always associated it with country living and athletics in the context of anime and manga that or the tropics(am from the Caribbean and can attest it's no uncommon to be tanned often). That said, I can see where you're coming from about the skin damage.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I only occasionally read We Never Learn, because people seem positive about it, and I don't really see the appeal. BUT from what I see of the ending the girl with the best hair won so I don't see the problem.

I keep reading Guardian of the Witch. I have no opinion to share about it. There's nothing to say, it's just generic.

PringleCreamEgg fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 3, 2020

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of reading something and not understanding the appeal, I got around to trying that undead unluck series and man are these characters unlikable

zombie guy uses his powers in interesting ways I suppose, but man idk about the rest of it

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m really enjoying mashle but something in my heart says it’ll be cancelled before 20 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I only occasionally read We Never Learn, because people seem positive about it, and I don't really see the appeal.

The girls are cute, OP.