Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cat Hatter posted:

Remind me why Tank Girl was rated R?

Some profanity, cartoon nudity, the old ultraviolence. Honestly it would have deserved the rating more if the studio hadn't changed some of the scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

King Vidiot posted:

I don't get it, but I think I hate this guy

He's the bane of your existence but you can only find hints of him scattered through out your life.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ryan Reynolds also produced the film and he and the writers have confirmed they're keeping the sequel R-rated and similarly low budget. :ssh:

That makes me feel better, at least.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

This is great. I hope he carries a small bit of fake turf with flowers on it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pesterchum posted:

That makes me feel better, at least.

I love all of these.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Cat Hatter posted:

Remind me why Tank Girl was rated R?

Probably selling a minor into sexual slavery, semi-bestiality, swearing, and violence.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Probably selling a minor into sexual slavery, semi-bestiality, swearing, and violence.

and there was blood.

Honestly, you'd think a person being sucked into a bottle of water would do it, but it's mostly the violence and red blood that they take offense to.
:shrug:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Photoshop can add a lot to even the worst cosplay costumes.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Grem posted:

For anyone else who didn't know what this was, its someone being shot by police. He lived apparently.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

My wife did a pretty great Mabel cosplay at Calgary Comic Expo yesterday. I did a Grunkle Stan but no good photos exist of that.

Also seen: a 100% legit full on mascot sized Gazorpazorpfield. He was a few aisles away though, so I wasn't able to hustle over and get some pics. C'est la vie.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grraarrgghh posted:

Also seen: a 100% legit full on mascot sized Gazorpazorpfield. He was a few aisles away though, so I wasn't able to hustle over and get some pics. C'est la vie.

I tried to find a photo but couldn't spot one yet. But I did find these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhh3ohJCcqA

Edit: a few more for the road

TINY RICK!!

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 17:40 on May 1, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grraarrgghh posted:

My wife did a pretty great Mabel cosplay at Calgary Comic Expo yesterday. I did a Grunkle Stan but no good photos exist of that.

:yikes:

So uh, how close to finished did she get before she realized it was all backwards?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grem posted:

How does one animate in the rings but not sonic as well?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:v: she didn't go full out and get braces! IMMERSION RUINED! :v:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stare:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

VendaGoat posted:

:v: she didn't go full out and get braces! IMMERSION RUINED! :v:

We did some wire+pinbacks+tooth mold fakies but they didn't look too great and were super uncomfortable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was half expecting the last one to just be a tombstone.

Also, smart of Shaggy and Fred to call dibs on the last two pairs of pants in existence.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I always feel too awkward asking people to let me take their pictures when I see them, especially as they usually seem busy and on their way to something else. So no pictures from this weekend's Penguicon. Did see some impressive costumes around though. Like a great light up Whiplash from Iron Man 2 costume, I saw a guy in a hallway assembling an absolutely amazing version of Sludge of the Dinobots (the brontosaurus) and I saw a girl rush by at one point that was a drop dead perfect Vanille from Final Fantasy 13. The latter is the one I most regret not snapping a photo of, as even her face was pretty much exact to the game image.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Choco1980 posted:

I always feel too awkward asking people to let me take their pictures when I see them, especially as they usually seem busy and on their way to something else. So no pictures from this weekend's Penguicon. Did see some impressive costumes around though. Like a great light up Whiplash from Iron Man 2 costume, I saw a guy in a hallway assembling an absolutely amazing version of Sludge of the Dinobots (the brontosaurus) and I saw a girl rush by at one point that was a drop dead perfect Vanille from Final Fantasy 13. The latter is the one I most regret not snapping a photo of, as even her face was pretty much exact to the game image.

That one is literally down the street from where I live, but last time I went there was just too high a ratio of "nerds I want to punch in the face". A good friend of mine won some award for her Rey costume, though I think it would have looked better had she rolled it in some dust first.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I would fight you about best character but this is neither the time nor the place.

Here's a Centorea cosplay I found on tumblr.

I'm pretty sure we all know who best girl is

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Don't lock your knees!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for reminding me of that gif you jerk. :saddowns:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drythe posted:

I'm pretty sure we all know who best girl is

Good avatar.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its time for GUESS THAT COSPLAY!
:siren: :siren: :siren:
3rd Prize is gently caress you

2nd Place gets a set of steak knives

1st prize gets Biggest Nerd/Loser Award

First up! What model wore a pink leopard print dress with push up bra?

Next up, what failed mmo that has a goon working on the design and dev team is this character from?

What beloved Digimon character is this harlot cosplaying as?

And last, what 90s era dinosaur loved to play electric guitar while skating boarding with his racially integrated tween gang?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snatch Duster posted:

What beloved Digimon character is this harlot cosplaying as?

It's hard to see, but if you look at the badge it says something like Comicmon, so I'd go with that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I think it's amazing that we broke Snatch Duster's brain so much that he's now posting actual cosplay in an attempt to troll the cosplay thread.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I like Snatch Duster's troll posts, and I'm amazed that he found a Denver the Last Dinosaur cosplay.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

I think it's amazing that we broke Snatch Duster's brain so much that he's now posting actual cosplay in an attempt to troll the cosplay thread.

Haha the Hubris

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats the worst Mankind costume i've ever seen

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snatch Duster posted:

Haha the Hubris

Don't post pictures of me camping.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Maybe don't break people's spines over your knees in front of cameras? :shrug:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

HardDisk posted:

Maybe don't break people's spines over your knees in front of cameras? :shrug:

Don't kinkshame man...

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Choco1980 posted:

Don't kinkshame man...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Costume: check
Attitude: check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

No ascot. Just some dude with a gun now.

0/10

• Locked thread