Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/wojepsn/status/881298868985614336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Woj Epsn

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Epsn you got got

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn't get me :smug:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

whew i almost c/pd that to people

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao I was trying to get y'all

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Every day that goes by without the Blazers dumping salary makes me more anxious for them. There's a limited number of teams that would be taking a salary dump right now and lots of bad contracts to move around league wide.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wait did wall sign the extension or not ?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I look forward to Jose getting traded

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

leftist heap posted:

Every day that goes by without the Blazers dumping salary makes me more anxious for them. There's a limited number of teams that would be taking a salary dump right now and lots of bad contracts to move around league wide.

it's not like shipping out Turner was ever going to be quick and easy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Wait did wall sign the extension or not ?

Not yet.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/881317383088087040

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rip the cavs

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not as good as the Millsap. This one I assumed was fake immediately because even Magic isn't dumb enough to want Demarre Carroll

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jerk :argh:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
tae sighting?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

maybe dan gilbert should have paid the best GM in the east

makes u think

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

AggressivelyStupid posted:

maybe dan gilbert should have paid the best GM in the east

makes u think

ideation is thinking, yes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/881306427112828928

Is this what aggressive free agency feels like???

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I need Swaggy P's antics in the Finals

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If you want peak MCW all you have to do is put him on a blatantly tanking squad with no NBA players and let him fill out a stat sheet with empty numbers. I just can't believe someone did some video game bullshit like that in real life and it worked, praise be Hinkie

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881325384851181569

And since subtweets don't show up, he's going back to Utah.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Lebron seems like he's officially too old for this poo poo. I hope he randomly joins 5 different teams to try to win titles in his twilight years.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jose is going to Cleveland

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

To me it mattered because the point was the Celtics were waiting to see if Hayward was going to sign before coughing up a bunch of picks + players for George, and they didn't see why Indiana would want to move so quickly on a deal of "Sabonis + Oladipo" when they stood to gain more if they waited a couple days, or at the very least, would still have the same offer of Sabonis + Dipo. They probably thought Pritchard was bullshitting because it was a stupid deal for them to do in such a rush. That was stupid of the Celtics and it cost them dearly but there's a clear difference between that and refusing to give an offer for no reason

That's the difference between believing a trade with OKC was impending or not

Or maybe Pritchard thought Ainge was an entitled prick who got shown favoritism ever since their playing days, and really didn't want to play his game. Just spitballin' here.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

18% of Utah's cap is tied up in Joe Ingles... yikes but if the shooting improvement is real I guess it works

what can trigger another cap increase?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Get that money ingles

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Or maybe Pritchard thought Ainge was an entitled prick who got shown favoritism ever since their playing days, and really didn't want to play his game. Just spitballin' here.

Sure, seems like a weird thing to think about and a stupid reason to hamstring your franchise though

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

18% of Utah's cap is tied up in Joe Ingles... yikes but if the shooting improvement is real I guess it works

what can trigger another cap increase?

Increased ratings in the playoffs I believe. Decreased viewership is why it went down 3 million

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Increased ratings in the playoffs I believe. Decreased viewership is why it went down 3 million

No it went down because of a shorter playoff. Viewership increased

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Libertine posted:

Lebron seems like he's officially too old for this poo poo. I hope he randomly joins 5 different teams to try to win titles in his twilight years.

can houston be first

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sure, seems like a stupid reason to hamstring your franchise though

Maybe he's trying his best to secretly tank since Simon won't let him?

Pffffttttt yeah right. I'm giving him too much credit.

Metapod posted:

No it went down because of a shorter playoff. Viewership increased

Thank you friend!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

jesus loving christ

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Maybe he's trying his best to secretly tank since Simon won't let him?

Pffffttttt yeah right. I'm giving him too much credit.

Thank you friend!

Gonna be tough to tank in the east anyways!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Gonna be tough to tank in the east anyways!

I know :negative:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pretty sure they kept him mostly because he's buddies with Hayward so that's gonna be rad when Hayward goes to Miami anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Good deal for both sides

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

I don't want LeBron to turn into old Shaq.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Libertine posted:

everyone runs to the western conference to avoid the playoffs lebron buzzsaw but he comes right to them

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/881306427112828928

Is this what aggressive free agency feels like???
never realized how much I wanted a Swaggy+JaVale reunion until I saw this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i cant wait for teams to start bidding up role players who are good friends with stars and being a cool dude that other other players want to hang out with becomes a bankable NBA skill

e: what i'm saying is give swaggy and earl the max

• Locked thread