Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Endorph posted:

scathach taught him how to have good sex, and then he used those techniques on her daughter, and then he killed her daughter's fiancee, and then he hosed scathach's rival...

...who was also Scathach's twin sister.

If you meet Cu Chulainn, one of three things will happen: you'll get drunk, you'll get hosed, or you'll get killed. At least one--two is definitely possible. If you get all three, it's an "Irish Hat Trick".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow, if I was Medb, I'll be pissed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow, if I was Medb, I'll be pissed.

Nah, I think you'd just be cheesed.

e: also I used my level 54 robin hood for the first time and managed to get over 100k NP damage without even really trying beyond putting it second in an NP chain. :stare: he's not even NP5 yet!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Motto posted:

e: also I used my level 54 robin hood for the first time and managed to get over 100k NP damage without even really trying beyond putting it second in an NP chain. :stare: he's not even NP5 yet!
I managed to pull a Emiya-Waver-Robin NP chain and Robin broke 200,000 :catstare:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got a level 90 Robin on the Japanese side, because he's a good boy.

I'm gonna grail different Servants on NA though, for variety.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Please put King Hassan on rateup for Halloween 2017. God bless.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Please put King Hassan on rateup for Halloween 2017. God bless.

Let's face it: only a small percentage of us will get Gramps. The rest will have to rely on whale friends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Let's face it: only a small percentage of us will get Gramps. The rest will have to rely on whale friends.

i got him from the guaranteed 5* gacha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm kinda confused on how np overcharge works. So it only applies if you fully charge it at say 200%? What's the tip about chaining NP's then?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tae posted:

I'm kinda confused on how np overcharge works. So it only applies if you fully charge it at say 200%? What's the tip about chaining NP's then?

Consecutive NPs give overcharge to NPs later in the chain. +100% for the second, +200% for the third.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So to get the NP5 effect, I would need to chain 3 NP's and the np5 has to be charged to 200% and cast last?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No, it'd need to be charged to 300%. Also only the effects specifically marked are effected by overcharge.

For example, Waver's NP the overcharge only effects the chance to stun. The other effects, the Curse, NP charge reduction, and defense reduction are not effected by overcharge.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Tae posted:

So to get the NP5 effect, I would need to chain 3 NP's and the np5 has to be charged to 200% and cast last?

NP level is distinct from overcharge and you shouldn't confuse the two. To get 500% overcharge you have to have an NP5 card, which allows you to charge the gauge to 300%, and then put them last in the NP chain.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I still can't believe how awesome King Hassan is. I never ever expected something like him in the Nasuverse ever. It would be like a Final Fantasy character showing up in Super Mario Bros.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

I still can't believe how awesome King Hassan is. I never ever expected something like him in the Nasuverse ever. It would be like a Final Fantasy character showing up in Super Mario Bros.

.... huh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gologle posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean

and also how the gently caress would nasu's work be super mario bros

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's plenty of badass Nasuverse characters and have been forever....Gah!!!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I mean granted fate/stay night is the greatest video game of all time like how super mario bros was when it was released but I don't see any other similarities.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tarezax posted:

NP level is distinct from overcharge and you shouldn't confuse the two. To get 500% overcharge you have to have an NP5 card, which allows you to charge the gauge to 300%, and then put them last in the NP chain.

Okay so if I have a NP5 Robin, the damage part is just whenever he hits 100 and anything beyond doesn't help?

How are you supposed to charge to 300% in a normal battle? Are boss battles in the future like 2 hours long?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Okay so if I have a NP5 Robin, the damage part is just whenever he hits 100 and anything beyond doesn't help?

How are you supposed to charge to 300% in a normal battle? Are boss battles in the future like 2 hours long?

You use servants that increase NP gain, like Merlin, etc. and Arts chains.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

you don't charge to 300% in a normal battle. that literally never happens. even 200% is incredibly rare. overcharge is an almost useless mechanic that only comes up when you're chaining NPs together.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tae posted:

From what I understand from discord and a few other things, later bosses can have multiple health bars and upwards of several million total HP.

It all sounds insane.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

From what I understand from discord and a few other things, later bosses can have multiple health bars and upwards of several million total HP.

It all sounds insane.
Not really. Later bosses have multiple healthbars but only like 300-500k per healthbar, and only like 2-3 healthbars. decent damaging nps do like 150k even before buffs of any sort.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

One of the hardest fights so far was in the event where they had challenge quests that were retuned versions of the final fights from each singularity. The final one was vs Saber Alter from the prologue.

She had three health bars, going from ~600k to ~800k to her final health bar of over 1 million, IIRC.

That was, uh... pretty hard.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's not like Super Mario Bros at all, I was pointing out the discrepancy. Just like you don't expect to see Sephiroth next to Waluigi, you have this undead knight clad in full fantasy power metal armor with spikes and skulls and poo poo on it in a setting that used to feature ditzy vampires, shirtless handsome crazy vampires, flat chested little sisters with weird brother issues, all people in regular normal clothes (except Ciel I guess when she changes into Battle Nun), and then you have motherfucking Skull Knight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

It's not like Super Mario Bros at all, I was pointing out the discrepancy. Just like you don't expect to see Sephiroth next to Waluigi, you have this undead knight clad in full fantasy power metal armor with spikes and skulls and poo poo on it in a setting that used to feature ditzy vampires, shirtless handsome crazy vampires, flat chested little sisters with weird brother issues, all people in regular normal clothes (except Ciel I guess when she changes into Battle Nun), and then you have motherfucking Skull Knight.

what

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Has this man not seen lancelot

the knight variously seen wielding a light pole, a gatling gun, and a motherfucking fighter jet

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

not true because you forget like 90% of the servants in the original f/sn were also badass as gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also badass: the rude church man

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

forget that

has he not seen chaos

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
again, I think you guys are clearly over focusing on a joke comment and need to chill.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I did actually completely forget about Nero Chaos and Wallachia, point there, their designs are crazy too. I think this is a difference in perspective. I first got into this setting with playing and watching people play Melty Blood. Fate and everything else came much later.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

again, I think you guys are clearly over focusing on a joke comment and need to chill.

I mean.

It's Gologle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What the gently caress does that mean? Are you seriously saying you can't see a weird whiplash between the design of, say, Akiha Tohno, and King Hassan, and that these two characters apparently exist in the same setting?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Live tweets going on from Machi Asobi, and apparently 4* Parvati Lancer is confirmed? E: Parvati is supposed to be Pseudo-Servant Sakura, for those not aware.

https://twitter.com/humanity6/status/916859009952448513

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 8, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Gologle posted:

What the gently caress does that mean? Are you seriously saying you can't see a weird whiplash between the design of, say, Akiha Tohno, and King Hassan, and that these two characters apparently exist in the same setting?

Two completely unrelated individuals look and act differently, news at 11

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gologle posted:

highschoolers don't look like figures of legend??

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gologle posted:

I did actually completely forget about Nero Chaos and Wallachia, point there, their designs are crazy too. I think this is a difference in perspective. I first got into this setting with playing and watching people play Melty Blood. Fate and everything else came much later.

You got netflix? You should watch Unlimited Blade Works and Fate Zero. Death Skull Knight fits right into this setting, he's just a bit more dark and grim aesthetically.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Cursed Arm Hassan and Parvati's NPs! Honestly, I like how CAH's looks better, which is kind of hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ep2lUo0BlI (CAH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yy8rzXvtqk (Parvati)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Parvati is a 4* while Ishtar is a 5*. This is a grave injustice

also not huge on that look tbh