Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Browsing around Wikipedia found me some that haven't been mentioned...

At least wrestled once for WWE, WCW, ECW, and TNA:

Joey Mercury/Matthews
Big Vito
Terry Funk
Scott Hall (2 untelevised matches in ECW supposedly)
Stevie Richards
Psicosis
Jerry Lynn
Juventud Guerrera

Probably several more.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

DannoMack posted:

Mike Awesome did.

Sorry your right looks like he was there for a couple of months during the weekly PPV era.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shane Douglas was the Dean in WWF, the Franchise in ECW and WCW and TNA

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

At Chikarasaurus Rex, Gavin Loudspeaker came out to a really awesome song that began with an organ riff and then the lyrics "I used to feel DOOOOWWWWNN!" and then some crunchy guitars came in.

I must have this song. Does anyone know what it was?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

joshtothemaxx posted:

Scott Hall (2 untelevised matches in ECW supposedly)

You have no idea how loving excited I was when I read on ECWrestling.com that Scott Hall showed up on ECW. I thought he was coming in and everything and it was all a let down :(

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

George Kaplan posted:

At Chikarasaurus Rex, Gavin Loudspeaker came out to a really awesome song that began with an organ riff and then the lyrics "I used to feel DOOOOWWWWNN!" and then some crunchy guitars came in.

I must have this song. Does anyone know what it was?

Talk to Wiggly, the guy who does Chikara's Podcasts. He's in a band, and I think all of the songs that Chikara uses in their Podcasts are his.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

You have no idea how loving excited I was when I read on ECWrestling.com that Scott Hall showed up on ECW. I thought he was coming in and everything and it was all a let down :(

Wasn't he treated like poo poo back stage due to his behavior in WCW or am I thinking of someone else? I also think they should have an intervention with Scott Hall, Jake the Snake and Chyna. Think of the hilarity.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

bobkatt013 posted:

Wasn't he treated like poo poo back stage due to his behavior in WCW or am I thinking of someone else? I also think they should have an intervention with Scott Hall, Jake the Snake and Chyna. Think of the hilarity.

Just let New Jack, Sandman, and Raven sit around and drunkenly provoke them. Then beat the poo poo out of them.

After the US, Japan, and Mexico, which country probably has the biggest love of wrestling? Canada because of the Harts? Maybe the UK?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

bobkatt013 posted:

This might have been a shoot/work/russo angle or somesuch but Public Enemy were treated poorly in WWE.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Moose Bigelow posted:

This might have been a shoot/work/russo angle or somesuch but Public Enemy were treated poorly in WWE.
There was definitely an angle about everyone hating Public Enemy. Not sure if it was a "worked shoot" or not but it was referenced on TV a couple of times. They worked it into a 4-way tag match where all the other teams ganged up on Public Enemy; not sure if it ever really went anywhere beyond that.

This may sound dumb but I never liked Public Enemy because they were too casual with their table-breaking. v:shobon:v

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 27, 2010

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Minidust posted:

This may sound dumb but I never liked Public Enemy because they were too casual with their table-breaking. v:shobon:v

Public Enemy was the perfect example of Heyman's ability to make poo poo look like gold

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

He originally came in just to make Justin Credible happy and at some point there was talk of actually signing him. Then I believe he missed a show and showed up drunk later so they decided he was too volatile.

Problem with ANY ECW rumours that were not confirmed in shoot tapes is that Paul Heyman used to filter stories to 1Wrestling, Torch and Wrestling Observer all of the time and would try to manipulate things to always make ECW look good. Truth is, ECW was very smart in controlling data to the dirt sheets. So it's 99% true that's what happened with Scott, but knowing ECW rumours, you gotta add 1% of "maybe its bullshit".

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

He originally came in just to make Justin Credible happy and at some point there was talk of actually signing him. Then I believe he missed a show and showed up drunk later so they decided he was too volatile.

Shane Douglas and his buddies also hated Scott because of his behavior in WWE, so he wasn't exactly greeted with open arms by anyone but Justin.

Also, add Jim Cornette to our list of WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA guys.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Talk to Wiggly, the guy who does Chikara's Podcasts. He's in a band, and I think all of the songs that Chikara uses in their Podcasts are his.

For sure. It's the intro to Chikara Podcast-A-Go-Go. Here's the latest one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLhAFc_qy8

And here's his site. Best of luck. http://wigglysworld.com/

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
What was The Rock's first great match and overall, how would you compare the quality of his matches to someone like Cena or Batista?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kerck Pnameless posted:

What was The Rock's first great match and overall, how would you compare the quality of his matches to someone like Cena or Batista?

The first that I can recall (and I'm sure there were more beforehand) was an IC Title match between him and Triple H that would have happened roughly around 1998, I think. It may have even be a ladder match, all I really recall was that it was a fantastic match.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Kerck Pnameless posted:

SummerSlam 98 Shovel/Rock ladder match if I recall right.

Rock wasn't a great worker, but he was so drat entertaining.

Edit:fb

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ChampRamp posted:

SummerSlam 98 Shovel/Rock ladder match if I recall right.

Rock wasn't a great worker, but he was so drat entertaining.

Edit:fb

I think the fact that he could pull out entertaining matches with anyone made him a great worker.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
I think Mick Foley holds the distinction of being the only guy to hold gold in WWE (tag, hardcore, world), WCW (tag), ECW (tag), and TNA (world).

The Steiner Bros were also in all four groups as a team and Scott as a single. If you add ROH Foley, Flair, and Steamboat were all in it.

Jerusalem posted:

The first that I can recall (and I'm sure there were more beforehand) was an IC Title match between him and Triple H that would have happened roughly around 1998, I think. It may have even be a ladder match, all I really recall was that it was a fantastic match.

That's commonly cited as the match that established them as future main event stars.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

WeaselWeaz posted:

I think Mick Foley holds the distinction of being the only guy to hold gold in WWE (tag, hardcore, world), WCW (tag), ECW (tag), and TNA (world).

Raven got there first and has the action figures to prove it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Kerck Pnameless posted:

When Rocky Miavia first came in, he had a few acceptable matches. One was a carry job by Bret Hart. Bret really pulled hard for him in it. Another was his match against Owen, another carry job. However, against any less of a worker he was pretty by the numbers since he had no clout to call anything his own.

I thought the Rock was coming into his own as a worker around his programs with Ken Shamrock and then with Triple H, but he didn't become "The Great One" until he stopped feuding with Mick Foley, since those matches didn't let him show much.

Rock's strength has always been his selling and intensity, which drives his opponents to work harder and allows the crowd to connect to the match better than close to any other wrestler in the business before him could do. Even today, nobody can carry a crowd like The Rock. Heel or Face. That was his biggest strength.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

For sure. It's the intro to Chikara Podcast-A-Go-Go. Here's the latest one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLhAFc_qy8

And here's his site. Best of luck. http://wigglysworld.com/

I'm absolutely convinced it was a different version, but yeah, that's the song I was after. Thanks!

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Gonzo McFee posted:

Raven got there first and has the action figures to prove it.

Did Shane Douglas hold any titles in TNA?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Nothing aside from greatest weight gain between appearances.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Unless you consider "manager of the most generic tag team of the decade" a title, then no.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Can someone refresh my memory on what all Miz said during his 'JBL' Promo? I have totally forgotten and can't find a video of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thorias posted:

Can someone refresh my memory on what all Miz said during his 'JBL' Promo? I have totally forgotten and can't find a video of it.

Basically that when he first showed up he was hazed relentlessly, including being kicked out of the locker room and forced to change in the corridors. JBL used to mock him relentlessly, but none of that mattered because now they were gone and Miz was here, it was his time and he had earned his place.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Basically that when he first showed up he was hazed relentlessly, including being kicked out of the locker room and forced to change in the corridors. JBL used to mock him relentlessly, but none of that mattered because now they were gone and Miz was here, it was his time and he had earned his place.

Oh yeah, it returns to me now. That was a really good promo, thanks Jerusalem!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

And JBL tweeted about it something like, "Good for you, kid. That's how it should be." in a rare moment of selflessness.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

And JBL tweeted about it something like, "Good for you, kid. That's how it should be." in a rare moment of selflessness.

Yeah, pretty much:

http://twitter.com/JCLayfield/status/7679855525

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I can post a transcript of it tomorrow. Doing a project to see which wrestlers talk like which authors write. (Kane's first Undertaker Is Gone promo is like Isaac Asimov, apparently!)

Edit: 01/11/10, RAW
When I came to World Wrestling Entertainment, not a single person respected me. Not anyone out in the WWE Universe, and not anyone in the WWE locker room. Everybody wanted to get rid of me, nobody could stand me.
They made my life a living hell.
As a matter of fact, in this very locker room, I got kicked out for eating a piece of chicken--over a referee’s bag and spilling some crumbs. For SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS I was banned from the WWE locker room. I would have to find a place to change, a place to shower, a place to use the rest room. I’d walk down these halls and see superstars like JBL. Huh. And every day that JBL saw me he’d sarcastically say, “Miz, I look forward to your amazing work. Miz, you are a gift from God Miz!”
Everybody berated me, everybody ridiculed me. Everyone wanted me to quit.

But all that negativity, I used as fuel to ignite a wrath against everyone in the WWE, to become the star I am today. Now, I don’t even GO in that locker room, I have a private dressing room just for me! THAT locker room is for the Evan Bournes, and the M-V-Ps. The same MVP who is the number one contender for the United States Championship.
So congratulations, MVP! You have earned the right to join a long list of people to get publicly humiliated by me.

MVP doesn’t even deserve to be in the same ring as me. If it was up to me, MVP would still be in jail. I don’t believe in second chances because I have been perfect my entire life. Yet you, Miztakes all boo me and cheer him. Well go ahead, boo me, cheer MVP! Go ahead, boo me! I’d rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for some thing I’m not. I am the reason you people watch Monday Night Raw, not MVP. I am the most captivating and entertaining superstar on this brand, NOT MVP. MVP comes out with his glitz and glam, his pyro, his ballin’, he’s got bright-link designer watches, designer suits. That’s great MVP, because let’s face facts MVP. You could put diamonds on a dog, but it’s still a mutt. All you Miztakes WILL respect me everyone, everyone in that locker room WILL respect their United States Champion!
Because I’m the Miz…and I’m…AWESOME!

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 28, 2010

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
Why does Vince McMahon hate the suffix ¨Junior¨?

We have Rey Misterio, Ted DiBiase (which is especially confusing), etc.

I always figured it might be a personal issue due to being a junior himself, or because it suggests smallness

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I seem to recall reading that creative feels it makes the audeience take the guy less seriously.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I seem to recall reading that creative feels it makes the audeience take the guy less seriously.

It's a funny thought process that adding a Jr will make people take Ted Dibiase less seriously - but making him a much poorer copy of his father by tossing his father's gimmick on him when he has nowhere near the same charisma or speaking ability won't.

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man
Whenever it's been brought up in the Observer or to Dave Meltzer, the answer has always been because Vince was called Junior when he was first breaking into the business as a derogatory term to belittle him. Thus, he grew to hate the term and doesn't want any of his wrestlers to be known as Jr. because he sees it as them being labeled inferior.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Graic posted:

Whenever it's been brought up in the Observer or to Dave Meltzer, the answer has always been because Vince was called Junior when he was first breaking into the business as a derogatory term to belittle him. Thus, he grew to hate the term and doesn't want any of his wrestlers to be known as Jr. because he sees it as them being labeled inferior.

It's amazing how much about the WWE is the direct result of Vince's neuroses and personal baggage.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Graic posted:

Whenever it's been brought up in the Observer or to Dave Meltzer, the answer has always been because Vince was called Junior when he was first breaking into the business as a derogatory term to belittle him.

Some called him it to belittle him but in general it was because they called Vince Sr. "Vince" and Vince Jr. "Junior". It plays into Vince's whole self-made man thing which ignores his dad basically giving him a very profitable wrestling promotion after Junior had failed at everything he tried on his own.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why is it people whose parents give them everything they have always claim to be self-made men?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Why is it people whose parents give them everything they have always claim to be self-made men?

Well to be fair, Vince took an admittedly successful territory and turned it into the worldwide leader in the industry. It does play down his very real and remarkable achievement to say,"Oh his Daddy just gave it to him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Jerusalem posted:

Well to be fair, Vince took an admittedly successful territory and turned it into the worldwide leader in the industry. It does play down his very real and remarkable achievement to say,"Oh his Daddy just gave it to him."

Yeah, its kinda like if your dad gave you his old car and you turned into a transformer