Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
okay I just skipped to a random point in that youtube vid and the dude immediately goes "okay so you know what "Occ-hams refuser" is? That the simples explanation is usually the correct one." lmao. (2:55:35)

e: I want to change my account name to Occams Refuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Really enjoying Cliven Bundy's booking page on the Multnomah County Sheriff website: http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1364036

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

FuhrerHat posted:

look at you already forgetting about leeroy

Didn't forget, one of these 4 should have died too. Pussies, you said you were ready to die for your country.

Moltke
May 13, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

also getting used to this polite society we now find ourselves in as a result of mandatory gun ownership

all crime went away overnight

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Got pulled over by the police. No problem. As soon as I started unfurling my Pocket Patriot copy scroll of the Constitution they crumbled to ash before my eyes.

God bless this brave new free tomorrow. Thank you, Finicum.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RIP Leroy "Tarp" Fixtincum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axo1XNjB4Qs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FuhrerHat posted:

look at you already forgetting about leeroy
What game should we use for a LAAAAAAAAAAAAVOOOOYY FINICUM!!!!! video?

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Casimir Radon posted:

Just overlay the UI from GTAV on the video

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVrgc7AxTkU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mo_Steel posted:

Mark better get a medal from the President, what a boss.
It's sad to me that there are a bunch of sovcits who must hate Mark because he avoided any loss of life and the 2nd American Revolution didn't kick off.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Imagine the Indiana Jones movie with the ark, but instead of Nazis it's Feds, and instead of opening the ark it's the Constitution.

The Wicked have been confounded

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I just can't get over how God damned stupid these Patriots were. They were saying they were willing to die so that private enterprise could purchase our national forest lands and strip mine our plains. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Like just God drat I don't even want them to go to jail at this point. I want them to be forcibly taught at gunpoint exactly why they were wrong at every level. I want them to understand their fractal stupidity, and see why their beliefs are equally wrong at every stage from the micro to the macro level.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

cumshitter posted:

I just can't get over how God damned stupid these Patriots were. They were saying they were willing to die so that private enterprise could purchase our national forest lands and strip mine our plains. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Like just God drat I don't even want them to go to jail at this point. I want them to be forcibly taught at gunpoint exactly why they were wrong at every level. I want them to understand their fractal stupidity, and see why their beliefs are equally wrong at every stage from the micro to the macro level.

Look, the constitution is very clear.

1. Congress can't write laws.

2. The president can't pass or veto laws.

3. The Supreme Court can't shut down laws.

4. Taxes are unconstitutional.

5. The Federal government doesn't supersede State government.

6. Syria was a really nice democracy.

READ YOUR CONSTITUTION.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

cumshitter posted:

After three years of intensive education. Going over points again and again until the teacher is finally sure they understand one of them raises a hand "What type of gun is that?"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Really enjoying Cliven Bundy's booking page on the Multnomah County Sheriff website: http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1364036

This right here. This is the stuff. yeah :feelsgood:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

whats the story on tarp man i came in to the drama after tarp man

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

FirstPersonShitter posted:

the man loved his tarp

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It was like The Notebook but about a militiaman and his tarp.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LaVoy Finnicum was a Mormon rancher. He ran a foster care scam where he used troubled kids as slave labor on his ranch while collecting over $100k a year for their upkeep. He made many statements about how he'd rather die than go to prison. A couple week ago when the rest of the leaderhip got stopped at a roadblock LaVoy sped off in his truck, only to find another roadblock a few miles down the road. He crashed into a snowbank, almost hitting a police office. Then he jumped out of the truck, tried to reach for a gun a couple times, and was shot dead. He was a dumb rear end in a top hat.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

LaVoy Finnicum was a Mormon rancher. He ran a foster care scam where he used troubled kids as slave labor on his ranch while collecting over $100k a year for their upkeep. He made many statements about how he'd rather die than go to prison. A couple week ago when the rest of the leaderhip got stopped at a roadblock LaVoy sped off in his truck, only to find another roadblock a few miles down the road. He crashed into a snowbank, almost hitting a police office. Then he jumped out of the truck, tried to reach for a gun a couple times, and was shot dead. He was a dumb rear end in a top hat.

Yeah but before that he sat under a tarp with his gun like a tent made of idiot and tarp. That's the important part.

How do we make FEMA reeducation camps a reality?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

he wrote a novel wherein his proxy expertly outdraws and kills 3 federal agents with a revolver

he died fumbling to crossdraw a 9mm from the left inner breast pocket of his jacket

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Casimir Radon posted:

Is there any clearer story about the foster care thing? I know he did foster care and had a lot of kids but I didn't hear anything about it being explicitly a scam. Makes sense, since we haven't heard a single peep from any of the kids he fostered saying they were sad he's dead.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Goatfather posted:

he died fumbling to crossdraw a 9mm from the left inner breast pocket of his jacket

Which was gloriously captured on video and set to Tubthumping/White Christmas.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Behold the spectre of home schooled evangelicals

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The beginning:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

finicum was interviewed by msnbc while sitting by himself, in the cold, at night, under a bright blue tarp

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IR-5umLEvbc

A grown man vowing to destroy the federal government made a loving blanket fort out of a tarp.

The internet made jokes.

Then he tried to shoot at police and Jerry Lewis-ed while bumbling for his gun.

And more tarp jokes came out.

InterFaced posted:

I love what you did here. I just thought it could use a little personalization. be free tarp ghost.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

When the CNN reporter interviewed him he was hiding under a tarp. When asked why he was hiding under a blue tarp, in a white snowy field, LaVoy said that if the FBI was going to look for him he wanted to make it easy. He didn't want them going full SWAT through the bird refuge building, accidentally shooting innocent people who weren't LaVoy.

He said this while holding a rifle and saying he didn't plan to spend a single day in jail. Just as the founding fathers intended.

He died not 48 hours later after resisting arrest. He was driving a vehicle and the police pulled him over. He came to a complete stop. Then, after about 10 minutes, he went from a full stop to trying to ram through a police barricade. Then he ran out of the car and fully understood what the police said, and held his arms in the air. Then he reached for his gun once and got a free pass. He got domed for his second failed attempt to reach for his gun while surrounded by police. Just like the founding fathers who fought the British for your freedom, he made a tactical decision and thought that fumbling for his pistol like a drunk wearing mittens was the right decision to make while surrounded by policemen and, apparently, snipers.

If you believe the lame stream media, the man who said he would violently resist his own arrest to death died resisting his arrest. But if you are a true patriot who still hangs his tarp at half mast, you know the truth. LaVoy was gunned down by evil oath breaking government officials who hate freedom, and will not let a man exercise his right to bear arms (2nd amendment) and loudly declare that he will not leave a building (1st amendment) unless someone kills him (life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness).

His last words were, "I need to see the sheriff!" as he clicked his ruby cowboy boots three times.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and also he wore his loving shoulder holster in every loving interview he gave, so the police knew exactly where he was hiding the gun he was reaching for. So, like, every officer there was completely aware that he was armed and knew where his gun was and they *still* gave him a free chance to fumble for it like the idiot fuckshit retard he was.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there any clearer story about the foster care thing? I know he did foster care and had a lot of kids but I didn't hear anything about it being explicitly a scam. Makes sense, since we haven't heard a single peep from any of the kids he fostered saying they were sad he's dead.

I don't think there's been any actual proof he was using the foster kids as slave labor. It's just what people are assuming he did because he got a lot of money for being a foster parent, owned a bigass ranch, and was a general sovereign citizen rear end in a top hat.

Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble believing he would do such a thing, I'm just not sure there's evidence that he actually did it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Has anyone done a Drake remix with that guy yelling "CALL ME ON THE CELLPHONE!!" yet? Seems inevitable.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I don't think there's been any actual proof he was using the foster kids as slave labor. It's just what people are assuming he did because he got a lot of money for being a foster parent, owned a bigass ranch, and was a general sovereign citizen rear end in a top hat.

Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble believing he would do such a thing, I'm just not sure there's evidence that he actually did it.

not slave labor but he did see them as a source of income

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...m-burns-oregon/

quote:

That represents an enormous loss of income for the Finicums. According to a 2010 tax filing, Catholic Charities paid the family $115,343 to foster children in 2009. That year, foster parents were compensated between $22.31 and $37.49 per child, per day, meaning if the Finicums were paid at the maximum rate, they cared for, on average, eight children per day in 2009.

“That was my main source of income,” Finicum said. “My ranch, well, the cows just cover the costs of the ranch. If this means rice and beans for the next few years, so be it. We’re going to stay the course.”

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Goatfather posted:

Teaching kids Freedom, LIberty, and how to Suicide by Fed for only $20-$30 a day!
gently caress, none of the Infowar/Beck shilling companies can do it that cheap.
Stay safe tarp ghost.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Goatfather posted:

I'm calling it slave labor because it might as well be. He was using them as ranch hands in addition to milking the government for money than most families make in a year.

Repost your stuff. I need to catalogue it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Goatfather posted:

Also Catholic Charities threatened to stop fosters and adoptions if they were forced to give fosters and adopt to gay couples. So homicidal anti-government radical sovereign citizen fine but no fags.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

lavoy finnicum
never forgeticum

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm very well acquainted, too, with maters Constitutional
I understand my freedoms and have a gun so come at me
I have never voted and resent Obama's presidency
And I can recite the Bill of Rights of which I've heard the din afore
It's still not fair the FBI has more guns to bring to bore

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 00:31 on Feb 12, 2016

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

So did Cliven Bundy just flat out forget that he pulled a bunch of illegal poo poo back in 2014? And that the authorities where out to arrest him?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
The last hold out seemed like he may have been mentally unstable. Although it ended with little bloodshed, so I suppose that's good on the authorities in handling this.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

is fry ok? i got bored and stopped watching last week.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Caveman Cat posted:

I'm imagining Mark as handsome, but in a not too handsome, approachable way. :love:

I'm imagining him more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmeF2rzsZSU&t=716s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

wayne curr posted:

So did Cliven Bundy just flat out forget that he pulled a bunch of illegal poo poo back in 2014? And that the authorities where out to arrest him?

Its much more likely that Cliven is just that arrogant. These weirdos believe that the Constitution was divinely written and they can take a firm literalist reading as the word of God. He probably sincerely thought he had divine right

katlington posted:

is fry ok? i got bored and stopped watching last week.

It was touch and go there for a while with him holding a gun to his own head and being very suicidal but he eventually turned himself in.