Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Nakar posted:

Okay, this contract solves all of our problems and curiosities at once:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Bangkok): 1-08-1648192-02
Shoot one guy with a shotgun. Easy, right? As a bonus, doing this contract will guarantee you the Looking Into The Distance challenge!

There's a trivial way to do this and then there's a fast way to do this.

Tick-tock.

And yes, this contract can be recreated on consoles. Not easily, mind you, but it can be.

Is this for pc only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is PC only. I tried it a few days ago. I don't get it at all: I tried shotgunning the guy from across the river but it didn't take. So I had to try again and snipe him.

Also the hotel staff never bothered to bag this guy

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ave Maria also played while 47 was "dead", didn't it? During the fake credits. It's a moment that really sticks out.

Classical/operatic music in general works well for 47's aesthetic. Super classy dude who makes killing an artform.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jordan Cross has a stalker!?! :aaa:

God I wish I had played this game episodically. I've done a complete 180 on my initial reaction to the release strategy for this game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jerusalem posted:

God I wish I had played this game episodically. I've done a complete 180 on my initial reaction to the release strategy for this game.

Do not, do not wear his outfit. It's the most useless one in the entire game.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My error was to play only a few times through each one but to truly appreciate this game and actually get the story you need to play every level to death

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

julian assflange posted:

My error was to play only a few times through each one but to truly appreciate this game and actually get the story you need to play every level to death

And then, when you're sick of Paris, scroll over to those escalations and stare in horror as they seem to multiply before your eyes....

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Jerusalem posted:

He's a poo poo stalker, never even gets close to him.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Boiled Water posted:

He's a poo poo stalker, never even gets close to him.
Isn't he stalking the guitarist? I'm sure he says something about "don't you talk to her" if you lurk and listen to him watching. Not that he gets close to her either. :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Well there is a challenge associated with it (two if you include Chameleon), but other than that there's no reason to wear it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

julian assflange posted:

Has someone does a series of effortposts on all the main/side plots? I know Discendo Vox did an effortpost on Providence but that's only one part of the overall story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Killing Ken and Jordan while wearing the outfit was pretty fun. Jordan has just enough time to register him in his vision before it all goes black, and I kinda love the idea that the actual stalker probably got the blame for the murders. I do miss the newpaper articles from Blood Money that were written based on how you handled a mission, I think it would be pretty hilarious to read a report about how the crazed stalker killer proceeded to strip naked and pass out in the bathroom closet where police later found him.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

actually i believe it's considered to be a hostile outfit rather than a trespassing one, so if you walk around, NPCs that would normally say "hey trespasser" will run in fear of you to find a guard, but you won't lose SA rating

contrast this to the prisoner outfit in marrakesh, where everyone sees through it and ruins your SA rating

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jerusalem posted:

Killing Ken and Jordan while wearing the outfit was pretty fun. Jordan has just enough time to register him in his vision before it all goes black, and I kinda love the idea that the actual stalker probably got the blame for the murders. I do miss the newpaper articles from Blood Money that were written based on how you handled a mission, I think it would be pretty hilarious to read a report about how the crazed stalker killer proceeded to strip naked and pass out in the bathroom closet where police later found him.

Yeah, that's one of those things I really wish for in future seasons (or Hitmans): the ability to use unique disguises to frame other people for the stuff you're doing, especially if this allowed you to get a double-kill by having the guards gun down some poor innocent target that just happened to wear a very useful disguise.

The news papers would be a neat (re)addition too, but given the complexity of what you can do in this game, it would have to be either hideously complicated, or end up rather imprecise and boring.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tippis posted:

The news papers would be a neat (re)addition too, but given the complexity of what you can do in this game, it would have to be either hideously complicated, or end up rather imprecise and boring.
I think there'd be some potential in switching things up a bit, by not simply having it be newspapers. Like, if you do really well, the death of some of the targets could just be some minor news ticker while GNN reports on the amazing charity work of Jackie Carrington, or, if you do really badly, it'd be the top story and feature surveillance/cellphone footage of you being an absolute maniac. Or you could have some dude loudly contradicting the official story on twitter, if you left no trace except for a single witness. Whether it'd be worth it in terms of development time is another matter.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

contrast this to the prisoner outfit in marrakesh, where everyone sees through it and ruins your SA rating
Yeah it's pretty great how the crowd of protesters outside the consulate will run and tattle on a man the oppressive military presence they hate was clearly holding prisoner who has seemingly escaped. Some social commentary to be found there, or maybe not.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

It's the guitarist lady who has the stalker. He talks about her on the phone to his friend, assuring said friend that he is absolutely not stalking her right this minute.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Nothing like looking over the results of a hard day's work.

I also came across this

She was out cold and the door was stuck open. I guess an NPC opened it on her and she got smeared up against the barrels.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Haha, oh man, a great challenge would be running the whole USB chair event in the stalker outfit.

Edit: or santa ofc

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is the stalker allowed down in the lobby? I imagine it'd basically be a SASO run of that opportunity if you're allowed to run around the same places the suit can.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ChaosArgate posted:

Is the stalker allowed down in the lobby? I imagine it'd basically be a SASO run of that opportunity if you're allowed to run around the same places the suit can.
As far as I know he treats the entire map as a Hostile Area. Sort of like the Prisoner on Marrakesh or the Suit/Scarecrow on Colorado. There may be a document from the hotel staff somewhere on the map that mentions him and basically says he is not allowed on the property. How the hell he managed to get into Ken Morgan's suite is unexplained.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Beat Sapienza pro saso :woop: I'd like a little bit more of a safety net save wise as i'm awful, but honestly the rush from pulling the lab off perfectly and getting to the plane was fantastic, I adore this game! Need a change of scenery after that though, which of Paris or Hokkaido be easier/less stressful to run the same?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Probably Paris. I love me some Hokkaido, but it's tedious as gently caress on Pro.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Mondian posted:

Probably Paris. I love me some Hokkaido, but it's tedious as gently caress on Pro.
I don't think it's that bad, but yeah, Paris is probably the more enjoyable of the two on Pro. Hokkaido Pro is kinda hampered by the sheer amount of extra guards and security cameras in the surgery wing, though it gets points for having an extra security guard which makes it easier to get from the sauna to that wing.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

That sauna guard that patrols through the machine room is super convenient, but it does not really negate the pain the rear end that is the army of guards in the surgery wing.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
For Hokkaido pro, I did not use the sauna kill. I first completed two other challenges so I could smuggle the Krugermeier in.

You only need to go to the garden, slide down to the staff area and pick up your Kruger, take out the guards outside for safety if you want, take out the gardener for his cigarettes, climb back up the pipe, shoot the barrel, go and place the cigarettes in the restaurant by climbing over the booth. Yuki will die while you go back down to the morgue after a while (alternitively, just shoot the restaurant chandelier from outside next to the pipe when she goes into her booth, no cigs needed). Watch out for the guard moving her corpse to the morgue later!

Then slide back down, go to the morgue, lure one guard to the door and take him out (and move his body), only the two doctors and one guard left, so when you have the opportunity, shoot the security station through the window, no one will notice with the Kruger. Then either do the heart or go shoot him in the head (take out the female surgeon and leave her on the stairs. Go to the door to the big operating room and carefully show yourself until the male surgeon comes to investigate. Move back to the stairs. When he does not find anything, he moves back, which is your opportunity to quickly shoot the target in the head from the door cover. No need to take out all of the guards in the morgue IF you shoot him with the Kruger. If you use a loud gun, you first need to hide all bodies. You can hide on the morgue table down the stairs).

Go back to the pipe to the garden, go to the sauna and use the snowscooter exit. Do not do what I did and try to use the gondola exit and get spotted a second before you leave by the suspicious guard...

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 16, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Paris Pro saso is super easy, you just need the invitation, fireworks remote and be a little pusher robot.

champagne posting fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 16, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So if you were curious, here's the gimmick for the Looking Into The Distance guy:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight in 1:14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP6v52RiJDM

Not my fastest time due to the slight randomness, but yeah the gimmick is that Lion Forrest will die from taking literally any damage whatsoever at any range. One shotgun pellet clips him and it's goodnight. Oddly, the "FORE!" sound didn't play this time, which it normally does any time he dies.

Party Like a Rock Star (Bangkok-PC): 1-08-9414112-02
Five Crew, five different Accidents, all on the trashed hotel floor.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Ohh. Tiger Woods. Iiiii get it.

whowhatwhere posted:

Has someone does a series of effortposts on all the main/side plots? I know Discendo Vox did an effortpost on Providence but that's only one part of the overall story.

Nothing like that exists atm. What are you interested in?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 16, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Well I just spent two hours killing 164 people in Sapienza. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mister Adequate posted:

Well I just spent two hours killing 164 people in Sapienza. :v:

In that same vein, I just cleared Hay There, Wicker Man, No Birds Here, Swamp Thing, Suit Only & Body Double on Colorado. It was.... oddly therapeutic :stare:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, I just looked up the "Dance till you drop" achievement in Marrakesh because I had no idea how to get it. It's amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

Lol, I just looked up the "Dance till you drop" achievement in Marrakesh because I had no idea how to get it. It's amazing :allears:

Haha, just looked it up - the General getting up on the crates to lead the dance :vince:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just played Hokkaido for like, the second time and I picked another starting location. Why is 47 suddenly a ninja? Wtf :D

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

shut up blegum posted:

Just played Hokkaido for like, the second time and I picked another starting location. Why is 47 suddenly a ninja? Wtf :D

Because you gotta have ninjas.
it's the law.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Still no pirates though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

Still no pirates though.
Guards armed with cutlasses would be new.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I just went through the whole thread and realized that since I just got started playing and never did any ETs, I'll never get any of the cool suit unlocks. I'm sad.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

horse mans posted:

I just went through the whole thread and realized that since I just got started playing and never did any ETs, I'll never get any of the cool suit unlocks. I'm sad.

The Santa suit is the only one that matters anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

horse mans posted:

Unless they're done completely you might still be able to get most of the level-specific unlocks. The rewards for doing 10 & 13 ETs are just variations of his usual suit and barely look any different.

And yeah once you get Santa there's no need for any of the others.