Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a neat cape posted:

I have a physical today.

I haven't been to the doctor since I was like 14.

Half my blood is going to be sodium

The Doctor is gonna be struggling to figure out why your heart has been dead since Jan 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

I can brew beer and make moonshine so when the world ends please invite me into the TFF Raider gang and don't immediately kill me and loot my dwelling tia
If apocalypse crews are based on football allegiance then I'm following a different team. I saw nothing in Cincinnati that looked good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Are you one of those people who have weird diets like you subside completely on McDonald's chicken nuggets

No I just loving love salt

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Volkerball posted:

I did the math once and noahs dad methusalah was almost 1000 years old and he died the same year of the flood. Pretty sure Noah made him stay on the shore lol

lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you can join a mad max gang based on teams I will go for Cleveland or Detroit.

They would have a head start

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

SOME DOCTOR

Fine.

Since they were the first humans, they had super long telomeres, the end pieces of DNA that doesn't encode genes and a little gets lopped off every time it is replicated. As part of our punishment, God shorted our telomeres. Telomere shortening is theorized to be a cause for age related changes that eventually lead to death.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean the raiders are the obvious pro tier choice and they're also the closest to my house so :shrug:

You can kickstart a civilization with all your know-how, or you can do the smart thing and just let other people do that and then show up in your war rigs and take their stuff.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man, I am glad the hops cold war has finally ended among the indie brewers. Dogfishhead and New Belgium are both rocking fruity blonde beers this summer and it owns.

Even the newest ipa I saw is brewed with limes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Fine.

Since they were the first humans, they had super long telomeres, the end pieces of DNA that doesn't encode genes and a little gets lopped off every time it is replicated. As part of our punishment, God shorted our telomeres. Telomere shortening is theorized to be a cause for age related changes that eventually lead to death.

I don't understand this so I assume it is correct

Thanks!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

nobody ever taught me how to fix cars

♫ cats and the cradle and the silver spoon ♫

My dad taught me how to do basic computer maintainance while giving me life advice, the new version of Dad Time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was always taught that the further we got from god's original creation, the worse off we got. like yeah obviously we're going to live to be less and less old, like making a lovely cop of a tape.

Then after I read one of those sequels to a wrinkle in time of course it made sense that they just counted years differently

then i turned thirteen and realized god was dead you laugh because im different i laugh because you're all the same

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dubious posted:

imagine earth today if humans lived 900 years

We'd be in robot bodies and I'd have my hover toilet

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Many Waters is a weird-rear end book. They all got incredibly bizarre after A Wrinkle in Time, it's great.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

I am trying to decide if a hover toilet lets you hover over the bowl so you don't have to risk public toilet seats or if the entire toilet hovers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bad Moon posted:

If you have a robot body why would you need a hover toilet?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Many Waters is a weird-rear end book. They all got incredibly bizarre after A Wrinkle in Time, it's great.

is that the one where they ride unicorns back to the time of moses?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am trying to decide if a hover toilet lets you hover over the bowl so you don't have to risk public toilet seats or if the entire toilet hovers

Your robot body hovers over the bowl, the toilet hovers so it flies away after so your house doesn't have waste in it. So like a poop drone.

weird Asian candy posted:

If you have a robot body why would you need a hover toilet?

I'm not going to vent lubricant in the street like some sort of fleshy animal

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

is that the one where they ride unicorns back to the time of moses?

Yeah. The only one that focussed on the twins.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

swickles posted:

Fine.

Also something something radical oxygen

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bad Moon posted:

lol I see

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

lol just lol if you are not going to go for techno-biotic synthesis and combine the self-sustainability of organic life with the permanence of a mechanical shell

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol just lol if you are not going to go for techno-biotic synthesis and combine the self-sustainability of organic life with the permanence of a mechanical shell

Looks like we got ourselves a borgBourgeois paracybercite with their fancy sup'd up biosynth body. The Clanking Masses can't all afford those new sustainable bodies. Debug yo privilege!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 2, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My telomere is 6 inches soft

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That's not even what the bourgeoisie means. I don't think anyone in here really controls the means of production that much.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Looks like we got ourselves a borgBourgeois paracybercite with their fancy sup'd up biosynth body. The Clanking Masses can't all afford those new sustainable bodies. Debug yo privilege!

lol try and kill me if you want, my consciousness will just be uploaded to the network and I will ascend to a state of pure information BITCH

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

toilet time is where I get in some quality daily reading and sa posting. I'm literally posting from my toilet right now. I'm not giving up my toilet time, cybertronic robot body or no.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

toilet time is where I get in some quality daily reading and sa posting. I'm literally posting from my toilet right now. I'm not giving up my toilet time, cybertronic robot body or no.

I guess

*raises sunglasses*

You could call it

*puts on sunglasses*

A poo poo post

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol try and kill me if you want, my consciousness will just be uploaded to the network and I will ascend to a state of pure information BITCH

You're just a file and a file can be deleted!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I guess

*raises sunglasses*

You could call it

*puts on sunglasses*

A poo poo post

Lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Question prompt: if you were to quit your job and start your own small business, what would it be? Assume you can make a decent living off of it, and that business itself is (semi) realistic.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Question prompt: if you were to quit your job and start your own small business, what would it be? Assume you can make a decent living off of it, and that business itself is (semi) realistic.

I'd buy a little cnc mill and cnc lathe and throw them in a garage and run one off parts because I have a skillz.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Coffee shop near a college campus

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Management Consulting for companies in regulated industries.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I think it would be cool to own my own youth athletics training program. Developing these young kids bodies and minds I think would be very cool and rewarding.

Or

Artisinal Burrito Shack

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
makeup artist for sure

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

seiferguy posted:

I would start an internet forum and charge people like, I don't know, 10 bucks to post on it. Give it one of those names that has letters missing that Sillicon Valley VC's love. Call it Somethng Awfl or some poo poo. Sit back and watch the money poor into my bank account.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

Figure out whatever dumb poo poo teenagers are into these days and profit off of it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Currently employed as a technical writer. So I could just be a freelance technical writer. But that's not really any fun, so:

Art studio and gallery. Rentable spaces for a dozen or so artists, a classroom for art classes, and a gallery space with good frontage on a street with good foot traffic.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Retro video game repairs. I fix up and sell old vidyagame stuff on Ebay for hobby/beer money already, though I highly doubt something like that is viable to make a living off of.

Failing that, I would like to open a pretentious microbrewery.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eli Wiggum posted:

Figure out whatever dumb poo poo teenagers are into these days and profit off of it

So you're just going to sell weed then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quiet Feet posted:

Retro video game repairs. I fix up and sell old vidyagame stuff on Ebay for hobby/beer money already, though I highly doubt something like that is viable to make a living off of.

Failing that, I would like to open a pretentious microbrewery.

*blows in cartridge and pops it into the nes*

Yep that did it

• Locked thread