Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Kagero is really that good? I drew her this morning too (at 4*) but didn't include her with my other stuff because she seemed underwhelming.

Think about it this way, a 5* neutral kagero has an effective 60 ATK versus infantry units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Philip Rivers posted:

What do y'all think of Desperation on Lucina? Mine is -Spd which is tragic but she still doubles anyone slower than a neutral Lucina/Nino with Defiant Spd active. I dunno how Karel is but I figure if he can do Lyn's gimmick with Desperation, so can Lucina, right?

I like it. I think Lucina has the potential to do Desperation better than Lyn or Karel since Lucina has Defiant Speed. It might be a little weird with Falchion healing, but a good Desperation turn with a dancer could allow Aether to maybe activate and put her back to full health.

Not sure if that's better than Vantage with Luna. Against ranged units, Desperation is better. Against melee it could go either way. For defense Vantage is probably better.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Kagero is really that good? I drew her this morning too (at 4*) but didn't include her with my other stuff because she seemed underwhelming.

Daggers have the lowest weapon damage so it sucks in the begining, and consequently means the jump to 5 star is a pretty big boost.

Misandu posted:

Probably +SPD to keep him from being doubled as often. 34 is a pretty full speed tier, and it'll mean he won't get doubled by Takumi if he has to tank a hit.

He already has hector for Takumi and RobinM so i would take +def since he's on sword lord duty and his passives mean they cant double him and he gets to double them on defense.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So can someone help me figure out what nature my 5* Nino has?

Her stats are
16 HP
16 Atk
11 Spd
3 Def
10 Res

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jenny Angel posted:

Are Leo or Lachesis worth investing in at all? The tier list on the wiki suggests "no", but they're my only natural 5-stars and this thread has pointed out before how the wiki's ratings aren't end-all-be-all

Wait and see if skill inheritance opens up something for Leo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hunt11 posted:

Her stats are
16 HP
16 Atk
11 Spd
3 Def
10 Res

feheroes.wiki/Nino

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Hunt11 posted:

Her stats are
16 HP
16 Atk
11 Spd
3 Def
10 Res

+Spd, -Def

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lachesis for a healer has quite a high attack and her special does mean that every second heal she gives every other part of your team +4 defense.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trihugger posted:

+Spd, -Def
So in other words one of the best natures for Nino to have right?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

So in other words one of the best natures for Nino to have right?

Yes.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Just picked this game up and it's kinda neat looking so far. Will be a fun change of pace from pad and FFRK. That aside, I have never played anything Fire Emblem before; who's the best waifu/husbando to chase?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

Think about it this way, a 5* neutral kagero has an effective 60 ATK versus infantry units.

Nasgate posted:

Daggers have the lowest weapon damage so it sucks in the begining, and consequently means the jump to 5 star is a pretty big boost.

Interesting. Mine is -spd though so I may hold off until upgrade #2, even though I'd really like a 5* colorless so I have one of each color.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UHD posted:

Just picked this game up and it's kinda neat looking so far. Will be a fun change of pace from pad and FFRK. That aside, I have never played anything Fire Emblem before; who's the best waifu/husbando to chase?

Hector, Azura, Takumi and Ryoma/Lucina are the generally accepted best of the best. There are some other really good characters too though, those ones are just as good as it gets right now.

E: How am I at rank 43,000 at just under 4500 points?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: How am I at rank 43,000 at just under 4500 points?
Did you wait an hour for the rank to update?

UHD posted:

Reroll until Hector imo. All other mentioned characters have good functional replacements but Hector is grossly OP and hard to roll.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Reroll until Hector imo. All other mentioned characters have good functional replacements but Hector is grossly OP and hard to roll.

It just updated, didn't know there was a time delay on it.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i wish the game would just show IVs in the interface, what's the point of making it a "hidden" mechanic beyond adding a bit of utterly pointless busywork to every character pull?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rascyc posted:

Hector and Takumi both need 2-ish people to deal with effectively unless you have a highly specific counter, like robin for Takumi. It's dumb, and they should be ever-so-slightly nerfed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RottenK posted:

i wish the game would just show IVs in the interface, what's the point of making it a "hidden" mechanic beyond adding a bit of utterly pointless busywork to every character pull?

Because it's not important information for anyone but the kind of people that want to do busywork research.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jokes posted:

Hector and Takumi both need 2-ish people to deal with effectively unless you have a highly specific counter, like robin for Takumi. It's dumb, and they should be ever-so-slightly nerfed.

A highly specific counter like "any red" for Hector.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

jokes posted:

No that's not it at all. Hector is just really good in the player's hands. He can get crushed by pretty much any red. There's literally a comprehensive post on the last page how a wuss like Olivia can take him out.

Takumi is also good in the player's hands but there's plenty of good colorless to take his place. Hector is one of a kind as a distant counter green unit with absurd stats.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Because it's not important information for anyone but the kind of people that want to do busywork research.

It's pretty important for some characters. Like, a -ATK Camilla is loving garbage while +ATK Camilla is really good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Footprints in the sand

I hate you so much right now. I would love Ninian for my Nino team. I currently have Olivia, but she's kind of boring and I hate Azura (so I wouldn't use her even if I did have her). Ninian is a cool dragon lady and I like her.

I scaped together enough orbs to do 3 pulls on the banner. First pull had 3 blue stones so yay! I got Odin, Sully, and Est. All 3*. RIP.

My other pull, powered by the 20 free orbs from Twitter or whatever got me a 4* Reinhardt, so that's something. He'll help my Arena score, at least. But still. I wanted Ninian. I am seriously contemplating spending actual money to get her. Help.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Are Leo or Lachesis worth investing in at all? The tier list on the wiki suggests "no", but they're my only natural 5-stars and this thread has pointed out before how the wiki's ratings aren't end-all-be-all

As a leo haver, he is really bad and dies to everything.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hector, Azura, Takumi and Ryoma/Lucina are the generally accepted best of the best. There are some other really good characters too though, those ones are just as good as it gets right now.

Rascyc posted:

Ew. Was hoping to avoid rerolling but I suppose the tutorial isn't that long. Downloading the game over and over isn't an option right now but I can try when i get home. Thank you both!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

"Reroll until Hector" is really terrible advice because getting a Hector can take literal days since his drop rate is so low.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What do people think of Rebecca?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Unless it'd be too much of a derail, why do folks hate Azura? Is she really dumb to fight against in this game, or more dumb on a character level in her own game? The impression I've gotten is that Fates isn''t really the narrative peak of the series, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

sassassin posted:

it's still pointless busywork though

i really don't like the whole IV system at all, but I guess there are worse ways to encourage people to keep rolling for more characters

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

It's pretty important for some characters. Like, a -ATK Camilla is loving garbage while +ATK Camilla is really good.
Fwiw I've used a -atk/+res Camilla two weeks in a row now for a 4500 and a 4480. I use her to kill Robin primarily in my Ryoma/Seliph/Klein team for this round's featured.

Def not ideal though, I'll probably promote Nino this week and then Camilla is off the boat!!!

Andrast posted:

"Reroll until Hector" is really terrible advice because getting a Hector can take literal days since his drop rate is so low.
Half of what it used to take, you get 40 orbs right now or something nuts when you start. Anyway the dude asked for best husbando.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Fwiw I've used a -atk/+res Camilla two weeks in a row now for a 4500 and a 4480. I use her to kill Robin primarily in my Ryoma/Seliph/Klein team for this round's featured.

Def not ideal though, I'll probably promote Nino this week and then Camilla is off the boat!!!

A 4* Nino is better than a -ATK Camilla

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

A 4* Nino is better than a -ATK Camilla
At effectiveness absolutely but not match making in arena. Cam's 160 base stats vs 4* Nino's 149 bst and when you are running Klein who is also like 150 bst you need to make each point count. When I ran Nino in that team above I couldn't break 10k with a perfect run. Switching to Cam does it.

Anyway this is a dumb point.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Haha the favorite icon is a heart that's just adorable.

First two sets of pulls got me Lucius and Tiki, I dunno how awesome they are but two 5* in the same set seems pretty sweet so I might just run with this.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Camilla is the ultimate glass cannon in this game. She has solid speed when attacking from Darting Blow and can often attack 4 times because of it. She annihilates blues. She also destroys most colorless units and sometimes greens that have lower defense or speed. She can do all of this while having amazing movement. But this meta with reds and archers everywhere just destroys her. She also gets doubled basically every single time on defense because of her Brave Axe penalty. She really sucks on defense period.

But yeah, her stat total is pretty good. That's her only advantage over some other greens.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Paul Zuvella posted:

It kind of depends on what her max stats turn out to be. My guess is that she isn't going to have more than 31 Spd meaning she'll need a speed buff to help her double someone like Takumi. Her skills suggest she's mostly support so she might not have a high attack either. Similar to how Karel is best to feed Lucina Desperation, Rebecca might be best for feeding Darting Blow to Jeorge.

EDIT: In other words, entirely mediocre.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I still like Camilla because she's effective at assassinating most of the Effie counters I run into at my level, especially with an Olivia to let her double-move. Sure, she usually gets killed after she completes her mission, but then Effie can mop everything else up without incident. Might change as I start running into enemies that can both counter Effie and survive Camilla!

Also, can someone give me a quick rundown of why Base Stat Totals are important? My understanding was they determine Arena matchmaking, so theoretically lower-BST units with the same effective power (like Kagero) would be good to have because they result in you facing somewhat easier opponents. But then folks are acting like getting higher BSTs is better - is that because they positively influence how much rating you get out of Arena wins?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Paul Zuvella posted:

She seems like a solid archer support with Ardent Sacrifice and a strong attack debuff. She also has very high speed when attacking. Seems like another Jeorge kind of unit that sits back and softens up the opposing team while supporting. She's probably not worth running over Klein, Takumi, etc, but she's solid enough.

But I'd like to pull Rebecca because she was really cool in Blazing Blade! :)

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 14, 2017

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Wow I got loving rolled in advanced arena by a Lucina, Tiki, Azura, Sakura(!) team. Azura kept dancing Sakura to double heal Lucina each turn and I couldn't kill either the support units becsuse it was on the double bridge map. gg.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Jenny Angel posted:

I still like Camilla because she's effective at assassinating most of the Effie counters I run into at my level, especially with an Olivia to let her double-move. Sure, she usually gets killed after she completes her mission, but then Effie can mop everything else up without incident. Might change as I start running into enemies that can both counter Effie and survive Camilla!

Also, can someone give me a quick rundown of why Base Stat Totals are important? My understanding was they determine Arena matchmaking, so theoretically lower-BST units with the same effective power (like Kagero) would be good to have because they result in you facing somewhat easier opponents. But then folks are acting like getting higher BSTs is better - is that because they positively influence how much rating you get out of Arena wins?
Higher total bst across the team = higher score in arena cause you play against other higher base stats. If you want an easier time then just lower your base stats, although sometimes it's not always easier cause you might run into some screwy teams doing the same to get defense wins. If you run the higher bst teams you get real used to seeing the same makeups and it actually can get pretty easy if you have the right stuff.

Anyway hope that answers it. It really just depends what you want out of arena. I like placing in the 5k-10k tier with my meager $30 in the game and my sanity limits.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Why is Odin bad again? Having the Nino weapon in blue seems really ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Why is Odin bad again? Having the Nino weapon in blue seems really ridiculous.

Bad stats. He only has 35 ATK, which is 10 less than Tharja and 11 less than Nino. He's also slower than both of them.