Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MakaVillian posted:

Cool thanks, I was worried because he offered it up so easily.

Also bless whoever has to skim comment sections for the Friday Football Freakshow, truly doing the lord's work.

Thank you! It takes me a couple of hours.

Yeah, I was concerned about the trade too, because it was offered to you and is a mash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Ooh, Spoeank's weighed in with all the answers for people who are stuck on TE:
TE sleepers and Start or Sit ASJ

Also, if you want a deep sleeper, I'm plugging Zay Jones this week. I watch every Raider game religiously and their corners cannot win one on ones. Taylor went to Jones nine times last week against a similarly weak (but in different ways) secondary. I'm predicting Zay's coming out party this week. Disclaimer: I am not a fantasy football savant like Spoeank or Sataere. But I'm also not lovely at it, either, and I know the Raider's weak spots.

Feel free to agree/disagree. I'd love to get a discussion going on this before gametime (which is 6 AM PST)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 29, 2017

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Lol it hasn't been lack of opportunity holding back Zay, the dude simply can't gain separation and when he does he drops it. I think he's got the yips and is still getting used to NFL speed, and I don't think the Raiders are the tonic to cure him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Yeah Jones has caught 22% of passes thrown his way. He is having a godawful rookie year. In truth, the Bills are playing him outside of his comfort zone and using him differently than how his college coaches used him. So maybe it's a learning experience for the kid over the long term, but he is not worth a roster spot right now. Maybe he's a min cost dart throw in a DFS lineup but nothing more.

But Deonte Thompson on the other hand...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Zay Jones has been the worst starting receiver in football not named Kenny Britt

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Stupid other timezones making me have to see if Diggs can play at some ungodly hour :argh:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Should I stop holding out hope M Bryant will be traded and thrive with a new team

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Stupid other timezones making me have to see if Diggs can play at some ungodly hour :argh:

\o/ Diggs removed from the injury report, Browns CB Jason McCourty, a.k.a. the only good corner they have, is out.

Get Diggs in there

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thank you football gods

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Started Diggs in multiple leagues, London better make this happen.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

Should I stop holding out hope M Bryant will be traded and thrive with a new team

I am so deep at WR I plan on holding him till he Josh Gordon's himself.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yah, Zay Jones isn't up to speed. I still think the Raiders secondary is the tonic to cure anyone. Thanks for the stats, they were quite illuminating.

Check out this week's live reactions. Spoiler alert: I'm already drunk.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Someone forgot to to get up early to swap in Diggs for a receiver on bye and will be starting Tyler Lockett and Player Yet To Be Added.

It's my opponent!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Drunk Nerds, I made my Ameer Abdullah pick solely based on y'alls Pokemon article about him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MacheteZombie posted:

Drunk Nerds, I made my Ameer Abdullah pick solely based on y'alls Pokemon article about him.

as the author of the pokemon article if he sucks I will give you a 100% money back guarantee on our advice

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

as the author of the pokemon article if he sucks I will give you a 100% money back guarantee on our advice

Quoting because I’m starting Abdullah as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

It's always nice to have someone else to blame. :D

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
You suck Diggs. Way to be outscored by Kenny Stills this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Hard to catch things when your opponent's only defense is to commit a penalty and hope the refs don't notice.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Calling it right now, my biggest a regrets this week will be benching McKinnion and starting Diggs.

How did Diggs look? I didn’t watch the game

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DariusLikewise posted:

Calling it right now, my biggest a regrets this week will be benching McKinnion and starting Diggs.

How did Diggs look? I didn’t watch the game

He looked healthy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Supposedly there's talk about Calvin Johnson coming out of retirement and being traded to Philadelphia. Tempted to drop Theo Riddick for a speculative pickup since I plan on dropping him for a few TE anyway.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly there's talk about Calvin Johnson coming out of retirement and being traded to Philadelphia. Tempted to drop Theo Riddick for a speculative pickup since I plan on dropping him for a few TE anyway.

He’s not even in the player database in Yahoo or NFL.com. I would have definitely scooped him up in my dynasty league if I could. Worth a shot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Zay Jones 2 catches for 10 yards already. Checkmate, anti-zayjians (that's what you're called)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 29, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

He’s not even in the player database in Yahoo or NFL.com. I would have definitely scooped him up in my dynasty league if I could. Worth a shot.

He's there in ESPN.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

lol all this speculation is literally from someone tweeting about seeing him on a flight from Detroit to Philly and saying he looks in good shape

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jota posted:

lol all this speculation is literally from someone tweeting about seeing him on a flight from Detroit to Philly and saying he looks in good shape

Sure, but it's also coupled with a news about Detroit being approached by multiple teams for a trade. Since the deadline is Tuesday at 4 it's not like I would lose anything since I would be dropping him for a replacement TE anyway.

Basically it's a question of whether or not the chance of Riddick being useful (say due to a major change in scheme or an injury to Abdullah) is greater than the chance of Calvin Johnson returning.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sure, but it's also coupled with a news about Detroit being approached by multiple teams for a trade. Since the deadline is Tuesday at 4 it's not like I would lose anything since I would be dropping him for a replacement TE anyway.

Basically it's a question of whether or not the chance of Riddick being useful (say due to a major change in scheme or an injury to Abdullah) is greater than the chance of Calvin Johnson returning.

Yeah teams are calling about Ebron.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The lights go out in Philadelphia. The crowd falls silent, only the patter of rain on Century Link field is audible.
Then, a guitar blares! The announcer cries out, "bah God! That's Megatron's theme music"
Fireworks. Lights go up. Calvin Johnson rushes out of the tunnel. The crowd goes insane.
Calvin Johnson runs onto the field and body slams a ref. He is immediately suspended for rest of season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hope y'all sold high on Amari when you had the chance

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
THE FULLER THE FIFTH THE MORE LIT WE GET!!!

Pulls me way ahead in BML

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

THE FULLER THE FIFTH THE MORE LIT WE GET!!!

Pulls me way ahead in BML

I strongly regret getting drunk at 8 in the morning over my Lactavius Murray worry (as documented here.)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I refuse to believe that Jack loving Doyle could get targeted 14 times. I refuse to believe that the Bengals LB corps and strong safety couldn't cover him all game.

This is literally fantasy god intervention. There is an omniscient power out there who defies the laws of football to ensure that a random loving guy like Jack Doyle would put up 35 points on me.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Started Winston. Sat Dalton. Currently losing by ~20. Drinking bleach.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Disappointed in Doctson getting nothing so far, but starting Fuller has made up for it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

I refuse to believe that Jack loving Doyle could get targeted 14 times. I refuse to believe that the Bengals LB corps and strong safety couldn't cover him all game.

This is literally fantasy god intervention. There is an omniscient power out there who defies the laws of football to ensure that a random loving guy like Jack Doyle would put up 35 points on me.

Remember the whole "there is no God, existence is a joke" saga? Something about being up 20 points and losing it to a rando Indy TE is in the Necronomicon

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 29, 2017

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

AnacondaHL posted:

\o/ Diggs removed from the injury report, Browns CB Jason McCourty, a.k.a. the only good corner they have, is out.

Get Diggs in there
Made the switch in time!

Alfalfa posted:

...Started Diggs over Fuller :cripes:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Made the switch in time!

...Started Diggs over Fuller :cripes:

Ooof. Diggs vs Cleveland's secondary over Fuller vs Seattle's Secondary. How could you know?
I feel pain for you.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jordan Reed just hurt his hamstring...at least it wasn't a concussion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ooof. Diggs vs Cleveland's secondary over Fuller vs Seattle's Secondary. How could you know?
I feel pain for you.

Fuller must start to regress back down to earth. Going against Seattle's secondary would've been a good bet for it to start, but apparently not. 7 touchdowns on 11 catches, hah. These things happen in small samples, like Doug Baldwin's 2015, where he had 10 touchdowns on 21 catches across four games, but even more extreme.

• Locked thread