Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

impossible whopper at Burger King....

Tastes like a whopper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Impossible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I pay extra money to have things not taste like a whopper.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was impressed with how authentic it was. Not so much by the fact that it’s just as unhealthy.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

EBB posted:

hey guys

can you feel it

it's getting

SPOOKY

in here

The spooky part is, can you tell whether it's gory-spooky, or sexy-spooky?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

joat mon posted:

The spooky part is, can you tell whether it's gory-spooky, or sexy-spooky?

sexy-spooky spider time!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m all-in on the meat substitutes, though I do have to question the ingredients. I’m just not about the whole lack of sustainability with meat—maybe mostly that I don’t want to cook two meals. It makes me laugh how mad some people get about “why do vegetarians/vegans insist on eating meatless products modeled after meat *rolls coal in f950 turbo diesel*”

There’s a newer vegan fast food place but they don’t even have a nutritional menu for the public yet, and they’ve been around a bit now. Just advertise it as “plant based.”Their buffalo chicken sandwiches and well everything else is unreal though. It’s a full vegan fast food menu really. Tendies, nuggets, ribs, the whole bit. The gf is addicted.

That said yeah with the rush to release all these replacements I have to wonder about the ingredients. Also try to limit my soy intake a bit: it’s already in literally everything

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m all-in on the meat substitutes, though I do have to question the ingredients. I’m just not about the whole lack of sustainability with meat—maybe mostly that I don’t want to cook two meals. It makes me laugh how mad some people get about “why do vegetarians/vegans insist on eating meatless products modeled after meat *rolls coal in f950 turbo diesel*”

There’s a newer vegan fast food place but they don’t even have a nutritional menu for the public yet, and they’ve been around a bit now. Just advertise it as “plant based.”Their buffalo chicken sandwiches and well everything else is unreal though. It’s a full vegan fast food menu really. Tendies, nuggets, ribs, the whole bit. The gf is addicted.

That said yeah with the rush to release all these replacements I have to wonder about the ingredients. Also try to limit my soy intake a bit: it’s already in literally everything

I haven't eaten a ton of them, but I've liked all the Impossible and Beyond products I've tried. I'm hoping that one of the fast food chains does a smaller version of the patty at some point, I prefer regular cheeseburgers at McDonalds, and a Whopper Jr. at BK, if I have to eat fast food.

I don't like eating meat substitutes necessarily, but honestly, most American style food doesn't translate well to vegetarian or vegan style, which is the big thing keeping me from switching off meat completely. I don't want to cook two different meals, and my wife will murder me if I make our house smell like an Indian restaurant more than once a month.

EDIT: How are the vegan nuggies? Better than the old tofu rear end tasting ones I hope?

EDIT 2: Also its kind of a bummer that they price the burgers higher than regular. Like $1 isn't a huge deal, but then you realize you are paying close to :tenbux: to eat at BK...

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 1, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

bengy81 posted:

EDIT: How are the vegan nuggies? Better than the old tofu rear end tasting ones I hope?

EDIT 2: Also its kind of a bummer that they price the burgers higher than regular. Like $1 isn't a huge deal, but then you realize you are paying close to :tenbux: to eat at BK...

Honestly the substitutes out there are worlds better than the poo poo from five+ years ago. If you told me any of the stuff at the vegan place was real meat I'd believe you--it's all that good. I find a lot of it translates well, if done right. There's some good sort of BBQ nuggets that work great in any stir fry I make. Target even has them, $4 or so a pack? Come with a nice sweet sauce that livens up the white rice especially.

And yeah, I see the fast food joint stuff as more of a "there's nothing else to eat, it's late, someone with me doesn't eat meat." Hardly a go-to substitute. And yeah, fast food hasn't been cheap for a while. Does Carls Jr. still have the $6 burger? Guessing it's about $5.50 after tax lol. I've tried to relegate fast food to when I'm in a pinch and my body sure is thanking me.

I still indulge in meat, no doubt. Especially when out at about or visiting family etc. That said, I must eat half, if not less than what I did before. I never realized how little I actually needed or wanted it until I tried. Though to be fair I don't want to be that person eating soy substitutes breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of "burning through" are we talking about here? Because one interpretation is "loving yikes" territory.

Just the "used up" type of burning through. This stuff is the actual loving devil, but we're not talking "The Rock VX eating through protective gear"-levels here.
I can happily report that I can now enter my kitchen again. The pan cooled off, and when I lifted the lid, I immediately choked again, just holy loving :lol: this stuff right here...

I'm warming it up again and need to figure out how to go about blending and straining it later.

I've only had a single cross-contamination oopsie this time, because I wasn't religious enough about my procedure when changing gloves. Turns out I used bad-glove to peel off not-so-bad-glove instead of the other way around, and got some naughty bits on my wrist without noticing. I noticed rather abruptly a little later when I did a bit of face-touchy and launched into full decon procedure immediately.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Here's how you blend it - pour that poo poo in a blender and hit the button. Open the lid away from your face and preferably under a vent hood.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Honestly the substitutes out there are worlds better than the poo poo from five+ years ago. If you told me any of the stuff at the vegan place was real meat I'd believe you--it's all that good. I find a lot of it translates well, if done right. There's some good sort of BBQ nuggets that work great in any stir fry I make. Target even has them, $4 or so a pack? Come with a nice sweet sauce that livens up the white rice especially.

And yeah, I see the fast food joint stuff as more of a "there's nothing else to eat, it's late, someone with me doesn't eat meat." Hardly a go-to substitute. And yeah, fast food hasn't been cheap for a while. Does Carls Jr. still have the $6 burger? Guessing it's about $5.50 after tax lol. I've tried to relegate fast food to when I'm in a pinch and my body sure is thanking me.

I still indulge in meat, no doubt. Especially when out at about or visiting family etc. That said, I must eat half, if not less than what I did before. I never realized how little I actually needed or wanted it until I tried. Though to be fair I don't want to be that person eating soy substitutes breakfast/lunch/dinner.

This is where I'm trying to get to, I usually go a few days per week without meat. Given a good tasting plant based fast food burger ala the Impossible Whopper I see myself getting them like 95% of the time over a meat based burger. Although gently caress going 100% vegan; cheese, eggs & milk are delicious and the vegan equivalents I've had are revolting or flawed in some way depending on the purpose.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That's basically that "suck a police officers dick" parody shirt right?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A friend of mine is going to San Diego. He’s not there for very long so if there are three things he should do while there, what are they?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

preferably under a vent hood.

Nothing like those home hood vents that just shoot the smoke and poo poo right in your face at eye level.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

A friend of mine is going to San Diego. He’s not there for very long so if there are three things he should do while there, what are they?

Brewery tour, surf, eat burritos

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

colachute posted:

Beach & Balboa Park
Ballast Point Brewing
Gaslamp District

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The zoo was incredible. We ate burritos at some lucha libre-themed place and that poo poo was delightful

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

colachute posted:

If he wants to see "picturesque" San Diego, he wants to go to Mission Bay. There is an amusement park there with a nice harbor, beach, boardwalk, etc.

If he wants to see "weird" San Diego, go to OB and chill out near the pier.

Other nice places are Waterfront Park, which also has the Star of India within walking distance. Little Italy is further still and has some good food.

There are breweries literally everywhere. Same with weed shops. If he hasnt been to one, he should go in just for the experience. It is wild.

Those electric scooters are everywhere so be careful riding them. I know someone who broke his head open with one and had a neck brace for a long while after spending Christmas and New Years in the hospital recovering from TBI.

If they can make it up to La Jolla, it is worth the trip to see downtown and some of those houses. Also UCSD and surrounding area has some nice architecture.

Best burrito I have had is in OB, from a place called Roberto's. Its off of Voltaire.

Sunset Cliffs is a must. You can fit Sunset and OB in one go. It is amazing and really cool to see. Especially at sunset.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may have just got back from my only Oktoberfest visit this year and - sure enough - I may not be able to operate motor vehicoles, but this ssauce needs to be bottled and BY BAVARIAN JESUS I shall bo6ttle it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

OI need a splash guard befoire blending it though, holy poo poo, what am I thinking.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Made a rookie mistake last night. Made thai basil chicken last night, did all my prep, chopped shallots and chilies, waiting for guests to arrive.

Took a quick bathroom break.

Itchy ball.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Bavarian Jesus is a pro tier user name

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My eyes are tearing up because I figured I'm drun k enough to not be affected, but I have managed to otherwise blend the REAPER BLOOD without any splatter. Now I need tro somehow sift it through before bottloing

god help me, Oktoberfest did not prepare me for this

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

There are times when it’s appropriate for a man to sit to pee

1) when it’s dark and you’re too sleepy to turn the light on
2) if you’re within earshot of someone you fancy and you want to be quiet
3) when you also have to poo poo
4) when you’ve been dealing with poo poo that’ll wreck your dick

Feel free to add to my not-all-inclusive list.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Literally any moment you want to sit for a minute or two and see where the spirit takes you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Never trust a fart.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My eyes are tearing up because I figured I'm drun k enough to not be affected, but I have managed to otherwise blend the REAPER BLOOD without any splatter. Now I need tro somehow sift it through before bottloing

god help me, Oktoberfest did not prepare me for this

Of course it's from Siemens.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm still cryxing, but i promised myself I'D get this over, so herer we are. I'm pretty sure I can throw away my hot SIEMENS blender bit because there's no way to ever decontaminate it, and also RIP my sieve because, well, it's getting a solid handling of the pain sauce.

Thbis may end uop being not even a single 100ml bottle of sauce...what the gently caress am I doing with my life

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

local mcd's manager is a pissy bitch

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

🎶
Don't turn around wa-uh-oh
Duzzy is in town wa-uh-oh
Pull up your pants real quick
Before he rubs habaneros on your dick

🎶

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yes, that penny worth of mostly water is just breaking the bank

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

lol that’s some late stage capitalism poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

lol that's not even the manager that's the franchise owner some capitalist piece of poo poo who doesn't slop out the bathroom

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'm fine without free coffee refills thanks. Now pay your workers a living wage you sack of poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I think I've finally passed the point of se4lf.injury.

;My British Airways pilot cousin got hisd flight canceled for tomorrow, so he'ssitting on standby tomorrow, and I'm happy to furnish him with the first version of my BRAND SPANKING NEW CHILI SAUCHE.
Got heklp us if he actually imbibes said sauce:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm still cryxing, but i promised myself I'D get this over, so herer we are. I'm pretty sure I can throw away my hot SIEMENS blender bit because there's no way to ever decontaminate it, and also RIP my sieve because, well, it's getting a solid handling of the pain sauce.

Thbis may end uop being not even a single 100ml bottle of sauce...what the gently caress am I doing with my life

Put it in a vacuum-sealed bag so the next time you make chili you have something to use.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am enjoying the adventures of Mildly Inebriated German Man

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB posted:

I am enjoying the adventures of Mildly Inebriated German Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wasabi the J posted:

Put it in a vacuum-sealed bag so the next time you make chili you have something to use.

put a couple gelatin sheet in the bag

stick it in the fridge

wait until your next friends birthday, and make them a very nice cake with red icing