Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Actually, are there any indies in Hawaii?

Last year Yoshitatsu was carrying around the "Corona Premier Intercontinental title" that he'd won in a Hawaiian indie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Ha ha! I love how he has completely avoided Kentucky. For a guy from the Midwest, that is a glaring avoidance.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WARHORSE was supposed to come to Portland for a show but it got cancelled since it was a week after lockdown 😭

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nyla is too strong. Too powerful.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Ha ha! I love how he has completely avoided Kentucky. For a guy from the Midwest, that is a glaring avoidance.

Kentucky regulates Pro Wrestling.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1324413560982831104

Who signed Zayne?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’ll bet NJPW. I have no scoops.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
(This is not a defense of anyone as much as expanding the scope conversation a little.)

It's not just that some people vote only on their tax rate/their stupid dreams of one day being rich and having a lower tax rate for "when" that happens. It's that there is also a disturbingly large number of people for whom "politics" is a nebulous game/concept that doesn't actually affect anyone's lives. (As seen in the whole "why are you demonizing people you disagree with, that's not nice!" line of B.S.) I always have trouble wrapping my head around that sort of thing, though, past maybe professional political types who feel they have to justify to themselves what they're doing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm aware of a bunch of people who say they voted for Trump because gas prices were low. I think they're full of poo poo and don't want to be yelled at, but yeah it could be they just truly don't give a poo poo. Probably both.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 5, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

davidbix posted:

(This is not a defense of anyone as much as expanding the scope conversation a little.)

It's not just that some people vote only on their tax rate/their stupid dreams of one day being rich and having a lower tax rate for "when" that happens. It's that there is also a disturbingly large number of people for whom "politics" is a nebulous game/concept that doesn't actually affect anyone's lives. (As seen in the whole "why are you demonizing people you disagree with, that's not nice!" line of B.S.) I always have trouble wrapping my head around that sort of thing, though, past maybe professional political types who feel they have to justify to themselves what they're doing.

These are the people who @ members of Rage Against The Machine and tell them to play music and stay out of politics. For the most part it's disingenuous and they're Trump supporters who don't want to wrap their heads around the fact that most of their favourite bands/artists would despise them if they were to meet IRL.

Jericho might not fall into that category in particular but folks that still think politics is a hobby or a game after the last four years are either tremendously privileged or insanely dumb and Jericho is a big yeehaw to both.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, you're talking about people who don't really need to care about politics. They don't need poo poo so the only thing to sell them is ideas. Also the parties love selling to those folks because you don't need to tell them how you'll put food on the table and make sure they have a job, you just say vague poo poo about crushing their enemies and telling them how pretty and smart they are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Remember, a lot of our outrage against Jericho came from him going all "All Lives Matter", retweeting nazis' fake stories about BLM violence, and blocking a kid who politely and passionately explained to a wrestler he loves why "BLM" matters to him.

So like... whether or not being "just" someone who votes on taxes or sees politics as a thing separate from real consequences is an "excuse" (I don't believe it is) or not Jericho's shown he's much more "political" than that in the past in a bunch of different ways.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 5, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Methinks when you max out donations to one candidate you're a bit past not caring about politics.

Jericho is Joe Rogan if he traded weed for booze, it's fine to accept he's a bit of an rear end in a top hat.

You know who continues to be cool tho? Sami Zayn:

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1323820900312121349?s=19

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

He had a wwe try out. Everywhere else can still do indies

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nyla is one of the few truly funny wrestlers

Hangman is too

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If Youtube counts as Social Media, I just watched the 3rd UpUpDownDown vs BRE thing. And Shayne Bazzler is such a sweetiepie. A sweetiecutiepumpkin that could and would kick my fuckin arse and laugh over my corpse.

More relevant to the thread though, is that Jessamyn Duke plugged her gaming twitch. So apparently not everyone folded to Vinces "give me your IP" demands.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1324515767115780096?s=21

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1324465151484006400?s=19

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1324494721385975821?s=19

Love that Chuck

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even Punk getting shots in (unlike in the octagon lol)

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1324072566559023104?s=19

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1324622779627524097

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wow, the Marry and Kill options must have been wild.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lamuella posted:

lmao

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

BrigadierSensible posted:

If Youtube counts as Social Media, I just watched the 3rd UpUpDownDown vs BRE thing. And Shayne Bazzler is such a sweetiepie. A sweetiecutiepumpkin that could and would kick my fuckin arse and laugh over my corpse.

it's a lot of fun to watch her scare the poo poo out of Dakota then double over guffawing like the bully from A Christmas Story

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Drawing from the WWE celebrity wing of the Hall of Fame your options are Drew Carey, Pete Rose, and Donald Trump.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lamuella posted:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheKingslayer posted:

Drawing from the WWE celebrity wing of the Hall of Fame your options are Drew Carey, Pete Rose, and Donald Trump.

I would also marry Drew Carey.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It's the longest tweet he's had up.

Me and Dustin are going to listen to Jeff Rosenstock and AJJ and cry

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/sexychuckiet/status/1309930092039200769?s=21

he’s got some real good opinions

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

Goddamn :lol:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Still wouldn't gently caress Donald Trump.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Still wouldn't gently caress Donald Trump.

Marry Drew, gently caress Pete, and you won't be getting me this easily, FBI. Nice try though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She has spoken, sorry but these are the rules

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1324721677889163264

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lamuella posted:

please tweet this in reply I beg of you

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jawn blud to aew confirmed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Junpei Hyde posted:

nL are already members of the dark order

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Junpei Hyde posted:

"Jawwny Dynamite just confirmed with us Team Taz will be taking on King Kong Bundy and Polka Pollo in a no ropes furniture smash, JR!"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheMadKurt/status/1324710742935961600?s=19

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

seems like gresham has a point to me unless i've missed some part of this story

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gresham does have a point but you're not gonna get anywhere sending a wall of text like that to a guy whose gimmick is annoying twitter troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

does this mad kurt guy even have matches or is this his entire life?