Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Mr.Tophat posted:

I find it no co-incidence that this level-headedness comes from a skeleton. You got a spirit meter in there little skelemans?

nah just some bones mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

derek says some dumb things sometimes but his attitude of "dont like my game? gently caress off, dont buy it" is far better than "dont like the game because its wildly different than what you paid for? suck a ten year ban, we're keeping your money."

but yeah "those who cant create, critique" is a load of bollocks when it comes to subjective stuff like enjoying a game. either take the criticism on board or disregard it but dont pretend an opinion is invalid

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
anybody know what you get when you "donate" a million?

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
One thought that's been nagging me for quite a while is 'why are there so many rabid defenders of SC?' Why do so many people shout down any criticism of the game, despite it's increasingly obvious flaws?

I can understand why the senior management refuse to take notice of any valid critisism - they simply want the pledge gravy-train to keep going to pay their salaries

I can understand that there are some mentally-challenged people out there, who refuse to see the blatently obvious because they've been blinded by the shiny-shiny.

I can even understand the sunk-cost fallacy of those whose have invested so much (either time or money).

So who else would benefit by the circus continuing for as long as possible? One possibility that occured to me is the grey market for ships. I don't know how this grey-market works, but is it possible to make lots of money (or al least a lucrative part-time income) from buying limited (!) ships and then flipping them on the grey-market for profit?

CIG seem to be cracking down on transferring ships between backers recently, so could this be a reason why more critism is being seen of late? After all, if your 'nice-little-earner' has just been taken away, then there's no longer any reason to keep up the facade.

On another note (which may or may not be related to the above) - When I look at any thread on the RSI forums that expresses concern, the associated poll typically disagrees by a large percentage, apparently rendering the concern invalid. But looking at the actual number of votes, it always seems to be very low compared to the supposed number of backers (votes in the hundreds usually). The is a very low sample-size which makes me think it's just a relatively few backers (possibly using multiple accounts) voting against any poll that expresses concern.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:rip: that dude's account

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Excuse me, but isnt that loving EXACTLY what Elite has?

Open Play with all the dipshits,
Solo Play in which you play in the same universe as all the dipshits but you never see any of them?
Private Group play in which you and your friends play in the same universe as all the dipshits but you never see any of them?

But croberts promised this and thus inveted it and is better than jesus?

That's three discrete options though, complete garbage. A magical slider is better in every way because dreams

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

anybody know what you get when you "donate" a million?

You can pretend you work there as a media editor and wear whatever headgear you loving like.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ponzi posted:

I can even understand the sunk-cost fallacy of those whose have invested so much (either time or money).

So who else would benefit by the circus continuing for as long as possible? One possibility that occured to me is the grey market for ships. I don't know how this grey-market works, but is it possible to make lots of money (or al least a lucrative part-time income) from buying limited (!) ships and then flipping them on the grey-market for profit?

I know my brother claims to have made thousands of dollars flipping spaceship jpegs on the grey market. He is also a true believer though which is pretty troubling for me, never thought he'd be the type to fall for an obvious scam like this. He assures me he's ahead financially and really he's an adult there's only so much I can do to persuade him against dumb decisions. The characterisation of the average citizen is pretty stinging when it hits this close to home though :(

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319420/cig-s-new-detailed-patch-notes-are-amazing

Best drat spaceship game patch notes ever.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Smorgasbord posted:

I know my brother claims to have made thousands of dollars flipping spaceship jpegs on the grey market. He is also a true believer though which is pretty troubling for me, never thought he'd be the type to fall for an obvious scam like this. He assures me he's ahead financially and really he's an adult there's only so much I can do to persuade him against dumb decisions. The characterisation of the average citizen is pretty stinging when it hits this close to home though :(

I can stop at anyone if wanted.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

The cost of material for this table were approx. ($275) 250€
http://imgur.com/a/GK4HQ

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Smorgasbord posted:

Sarsapariller reads this thread, you know...

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

To be fair: There are nearly always people complaining that patch notes are too verbose or too short. I've think :gaijin: (War Thunder) has the best solution to this "problem". They post a short news with the highlights of a patch and then have a link to the complete very verbose notes. Now the only complaints left are about the actual content of the patch notes.

redwalrus posted:

Suprise! The builder of this desk/table is german. But it looks drat nice

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 24, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

when the house of cards collapses its your duty as a brother to tease him about jpeg for the rest of his life

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

redwalrus posted:

I don't get it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Berious posted:

when the house of cards collapses its your duty as a brother to tease him about jpeg for the rest of his life

Dead set. Never let them forget this. This is a brother's burden and joy.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tank Boy Ken posted:

To be fair: There are nearly always people complaining that patch notes are too verbose or too short. I've think :gaijin: (War Thunder) has the best solution to this "problem". They post a short news with the highlights of a patch and then have a link to the complete very verbose notes. Now the only complaints left are about the actual content of the patch notes.

Desk is still an ugly POS but that was a cool project and the person who made it is very talented

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Berious posted:

Desk is still an ugly POS but that was a cool project and the person who made it is very talented

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sarsapariller reads this thread, you know...

I wonder how much he spent since 2.2 released.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Was been dragged to look at new sofas with the Mrs recently and noticed this in one of the stores.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Where is :eonwe: I miss their good shitposts.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319420/cig-s-new-detailed-patch-notes-are-amazing

I read every word, it was impressive

I read every word it was impressive

I read every word, it was impressive

:cripes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

I don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fllp5o5Qkq0&t=617s

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Smorgasbord posted:

I have made thosands in profit playing slot machines and state lotto tickets.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

also Derek wants all of £7 for his game (more if you buy the equipment packs but still). If you play it and don't like it that's fine but it's not like you're getting hosed down for thousands of dollars to buy jpgs.

Or, if you ask nicely, he will give you a license. Real Goons only need apply.

(Come on, drat it, apply! Both times I have logged in, I see NO ONE.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Berious posted:

That's three discrete options though, complete garbage. A magical slider is better in every way because dreams

And FIDELITY! Because, you know, if I want to go walking solo through the worst neighborhood in town, at night, reading my tablet openly, I just set the PvP slider.... Oh.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

Was been dragged to look at new sofas with the Mrs recently and noticed this in one of the stores.

Inspired by the historic Spitfire jet fighter from World War II

FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Who's going to tell this guy?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hitler had 1 testicle and Britain had the spitfire jet fighter.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Legit triggered.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Samizdata posted:

Or, if you ask nicely, he will give you a license. Real Goons only need apply.

(Come on, drat it, apply! Both times I have logged in, I see NO ONE.)

I've seen a couple of people getting around but i'm a euro so lag is horrible and whoever I'm failing to shoot at never seems to want to chat.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
WIKIPEDIA:

Barker & Stonehouse is the U.K's largest independent furniture retailer. The family-run firm was established in 1946 in the North East of England.

It has nine branches, situated in Newcastle upon Tyne, Gateshead, Darlington, Knaresborough, Hull, Leeds, Nottingham, Battersea and Stockton.

Barker and Stonehouse stock a wide range of quality furniture and designer brands such as Natuzzi, Timothy Oulton, Stressless, Tempur and Ercol.

gently caress you, B&S.

B&S...

:wow:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

loving totally, its like the same picture twice!
Mind = blown.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

What a load of bollarks!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WIKIPEDIA:
Barker & Stonehouse is the U.K's largest independent furniture retailer.....

gently caress you, B&S.
B&S...
:wow:

This is bullshit!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

loving totally, its like the same picture twice!
Mind = blown.

The spitfire jet fighter was known for its small wings and sharp edges.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

quote:

Inspired by the historic Spitfire jet fighter from World War II, the Aviator range features aged aluminium finishes and a multi-riveted construction. The sleek, aerodynamic lines of each piece are reminiscent of the aircraft, while design elements of the plane's wing tips, engine, turbine, and cockpit are translated into functional, modern forms. The collection is available in the spitfire finish, featuring interlocking aluminium panels, as well as the aero finish, which uses whole aluminium panels.

For £1975.00 per desk you think they could get it right :eng99:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

lovely furniture store posted:

Taking inspiration from the legendary British fighter plane, the innovative Aviator Tomcat is modelled on the twin cockpit chair of the American F-14 Tomcat jet.

Seriously?

How could someone make this sort of mistake? What the gently caress is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What a load of bollarks!

Ben will be the first to experience the "Fully realized" death mechanics associated with Star Citizen

• Locked thread