Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Reminder that Busquets called Marcelo a monkey and nothing happened, and that Mourinho tried to gauge Tito's eye out and also nothing happened.

Suarez will feel right at home in Spain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's great how one of the least likable teams in Europe just became incredibly more unlikable.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Suarez is a very very good player and I will miss his creativity and general insanity

That said, considering the number of games we will have to play this season, if we replace him with 2-3 players who can score a similar amount of goals between them I don't think we will be that worse of without him.

I will also use this opportunity to call him a racist biting cun

"If we can buy two 15-goal strikers we should be alright", great analysis there

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

tbp posted:

*apologizes to Jerome at work*

LOL

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Hopefully the first thing that happens is Suarez and Alves sit down and watch "Babershop" together and they all realize we're just not that different from each other.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Literally the only regret I have about this is that Suarez will now not get another chance to break Shearer's scoring record.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I believe Suarez could perform well in front if he gets his incisors involved. He is also flexible enough to be in the center with his bicuspids, and even to use his molars in back.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

vyelkin posted:

Literally the only regret I have about this is that Suarez will now not get another chance to break Shearer's scoring record.

He was never going to do it with a self imposed 11 game handicap anyway

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

As an unironic lover of racism I am p happy he's off to mes que un club as opposed to being stuck as some club (pronounced clooouuuub)

I would have rather seen him with the Whites of Real tbh. Imagine Ronaldo leading an attack line of Suarez and Bale with Modric getting some passes in, whoa, Suarez is already a great player but they'd get him on that Ballon d'Or tech so he'd get real big and imposing and they would play on his aggressiveness and cuntiness and get him all riled up for their matches against Barca and he'd go loving crazy on the field trying to rip out Messi's throat, drat I'm all hot and bothered now gotta calm down...

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shoren posted:

It's ironic that Suarez stuck around at Liverpool for so long because he wanted CL football with them, yet jumps ship as soon as he secures it.

He only stuck around because his agent put him in the window for a big move and the only club that came in was Arsenal

I can officially confirm, however, that he will disappoint at Barcelona

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

Suarez is a very very good player and I will miss his creativity and general insanity

That said, considering the number of games we will have to play this season, if we replace him with 2-3 players who can score a similar amount of goals between them I don't think we will be that worse of without him.

I will also use this opportunity to call him a racist biting cun

Missing out on Sanchez was a big blow for Liverpool. He would have slotted right in and made up a bunch of the goals.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

Missing out on Sanchez was a big blow for Liverpool. He would have slotted right in and made up a bunch of the goals.

It was and I'm fairly annoyed but if Sanchez preferred Arsenal I don't think there was really anything we could do.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

quote:

June 2014 Banned for four months from any football-related activity, plus nine international matches, for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini

April 2013 Apologises for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic and receives a 10-game ban

Dec 2011 Given eight-match suspension and fined £40,000 for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra

Nov 2010 Given seven-match ban for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder while playing for Ajax

July 2010 Handles on the line to deny Ghana a winner in the last minute of extra-time in the World Cup quarter-finals. Asamoah Gyan misses the resulting penalty and Uruguay win the shootout to reach the semi-finals
It still stuns me how often the word "biting" appears in this timeline.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I would have rather seen him with the Whites of Real tbh. Imagine Ronaldo leading an attack line of Suarez and Bale with Modric getting some passes in, whoa, Suarez is already a great player but they'd get him on that Ballon d'Or tech so he'd get real big and imposing and they would play on his aggressiveness and cuntiness and get him all riled up for their matches against Barca and he'd go loving crazy on the field trying to rip out Messi's throat, drat I'm all hot and bothered now gotta calm down...

no actually please keep going, I am almost there

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hoops posted:

It still stuns me how often the word "biting" appears in this timeline.

It amuses me that his handling of the ball is on the list. That was a supremely rational decision on his part, and it payed off in the end. It all right to hate him for it, but it's in no way comparable to him biting or abusing people.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Why would Liverpool settle on ~£58m for him? If Neymar and Bale are around £100m, Suarez has to be worth well more, damaged goods or not. Wasn't he also only a year into a 5 year contract?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

corpuscollossus posted:

Why would Liverpool settle on ~£58m for him? If Neymar and Bale are around £100m, Suarez has to be worth well more, damaged goods or not. Wasn't he also only a year into a 5 year contract?

He's also 27, though.

holy poo poo i just looked it up and he's actually six months younger than me but still considered old, time to die

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

corpuscollossus posted:

He'll be 28 this season. You'll get 10+ years out of both Neymar and Bale, or sell them on for huge fees. Plus, depending on whatever went on with Neymar, that's still the third most expensive player in history.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 11, 2014

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

corpuscollossus posted:

It's not confirmed to be £58m. There's currently some confusion over whether it's £75m or €75m (I think a lot of English sites are reporting Pounds and Spanish sites are reporting Euros). "Settle" is the wrong word anyway. Regardless of the currency, Suarez had a release clause built into the latest contract, trigger that and there's no reason to go any higher. It's probably a lot more cast-iron than the last one he had as well.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I hope there's a really, really good centre mid coming :unsmith:

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Hoops posted:

I hope there's a really, really good centre mid coming :unsmith:

i believe Lionel Messi can be deployed in that area

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Has Suarez said anything about the English press writing about how he's a racist biter and they're racists for doing so?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Seltzer posted:

It's great how one of the least likable teams in Europe just became incredibly more unlikable.

But Liverpool just sold Suarez?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I still love Luis, and don't resent him for escaping from the British media.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Suarez is going to be great even when he's old. Unlike Bale. Bale is going to be so poo poo when he loses that engine of his.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vegetable posted:

Suarez is going to be great even when he's old. Unlike Bale. Bale is going to be so poo poo when he loses that engine of his.

what about when suarez has to use false teeth

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

tbp posted:

*deletes iphone background saying "racism is good"* gently caress suarez *tears down poster of a big set of chompers* i hate him *apologizes to Jerome at work* how about that Rickie Lambert *calls my orthodontist for a three year late scheduling issue* cor big rick

lmao

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
It's all worked out rather well IMO. At least Liverpool will get a season in the CL.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
My Suarez bottle openers got delayed by customs. :qq:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Dirk Pitt posted:

My Suarez bottle openers got delayed by customs. :qq:

Ha, I got the same email today. I doubt we'll ever get them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're probably made from plutonium or something.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Suarez's ban was upheld for playing football matches, but he can attend training, and go look at footballs in the wild.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

quote:

According to Suarez's legal team, the new terms of the suspension will also allow the striker to play in friendly matches. That could free him to play Uruguay's upcoming internationals against Japan and South Korea in September and Saudi Arabia in October.

That sounds like a fantastic idea and definitely the thing he should do.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Edmund Honda posted:

That sounds like a fantastic idea and definitely the thing he should do.

I'm not sure how an international biting incident means he can go do internationals but not domestic matches.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Von Linus posted:

I'm not sure how an international biting incident means he can go do internationals but not domestic matches.

Because no one would want to see Uruguay without Suarez playing and someone needs to make money from ticket sales

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Von Linus posted:

Biting is not a big deal.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Von Linus posted:

it means that he's banned from 10 competitive international matches which is really bad for Uruguay as the copa america is next year.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
All I learned with this is that racism is not as bad as biting which is ok in my book.

americong
May 29, 2013

it would literally be better for uruguay if friendlies counted towards the ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Luis Suarez did the right thing when he bit the three guys

• Locked thread