Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Back before Quesada took over as editor in chief, Captain America comics regularly addressed current political issues and took unpopular stances on them as well if the writer felt it was right. Quesada was convinced appealing to horrible right wingers would boost comic sales so he repeatedly nixed that kinda thing, and Marvel Studios took an even broader approach to things, essentially stripping the character of anything more political than "Nazis are bad."

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Back before Quesada took over as editor in chief, Captain America comics regularly addressed current political issues and took unpopular stances on them as well if the writer felt it was right. Quesada was convinced appealing to horrible right wingers would boost comic sales so he repeatedly nixed that kinda thing, and Marvel Studios took an even broader approach to things, essentially stripping the character of anything more political than "Nazis are bad."

I liked it when DC grew a pair of balls and released an issue where Superman denounced his American citizenship.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The softly spoken/whispered lyrics remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0XOLM9FPw

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Please, if you are nostalgic for The Neverhood, do not buy Armikrog.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mother 3 is hard :(

Doesn't help that I still can't seem to get the rhythm attacks down.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Please, if you are nostalgic for The Neverhood, do not buy Armikrog.

I am nostalgic for The Neverhood. I will not buy Armikrog.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

I was physically harmed by listening to this.

There's this entire weird cabin industry of early 80s novelty records for kids based on arcade games and they're all terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD5l2ITMTz0

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

I am nostalgic for The Neverhood. I will not buy Armikrog.

The Neverhood is abandonware :ssh:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Did anyone every play the terrible Intellevision Pac Man? I played the heck out of that, as well as the Intellevision Donkey Kong, in which the gorilla was just a green blob with legs who spit the barrels at Mario.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
As long as you can convince them Namco Bandai will let anyone go wild with different uses for Pac-Man.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

As long as you can convince them Namco Bandai will let anyone go wild with different uses for Pac-Man.

This post but it's the trailer for Pixels.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lakeview Cabin is so hard. :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did the X-Coms kills all the chats yet?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I suspect the answer is either "Samurai Spirits" or "Nope", but are there any traditional turn/party-based Samurai RPG's? Not strategy, like Nobunaga's Ambition and the like, more similar to Final Fantasy 7.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The closest I can think of is Onimusha Tactics. But that's like FF Tactics.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I suspect the answer is either "Samurai Spirits" or "Nope", but are there any traditional turn/party-based Samurai RPG's? Not strategy, like Nobunaga's Ambition and the like, more similar to Final Fantasy 7.

No

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did the X-Coms kills all the chats yet?

When all have fallen, I will be here to rise from the ashes, and ascend to the throne of videogames

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

To be fair, Cap's opposition during the Civil War storyline was a stance against the Patriot Act, even if Quesada denied it for publicity reasons. Quesada is pretty spineless though for more reasons than that. The X-Men have been one of the most multicultural brands since Giant Sized XMen and has served as a writers' surrogate for civil rights movements since but in one fell swoop with the depowering, he wrecked all of that because he wanted super powers to be "special."

Meanwhile, the horrendous handling of Spider-Man could have been avoided if he either just had Peter Parker retire without the dumb clone saga shenanigans of the 90's attempt or had the balls to show two adults get a divorce in a comic book.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Theres the Ninja bit of Live A Live I guess.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Nioh and For Honor are the only samurai games coming out anytime soon

It's hard to be a samurai in 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh that reminds me K-T released an SRPG based on its Samurai Warriors property recently, it hasn't been announced for a western release yet though and is reportedly super boring.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's hard to be a samurai in 2016

K-T have like four games involving samurai coming out early next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dude has broken through to the next level. released like 5 insanely cool vids today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH2YyLT7N70

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

bloodychill posted:

To be fair, Cap's opposition during the Civil War storyline was a stance against the Patriot Act, even if Quesada denied it for publicity reasons. Quesada is pretty spineless though for more reasons than that. The X-Men have been one of the most multicultural brands since Giant Sized XMen and has served as a writers' surrogate for civil rights movements since but in one fell swoop with the depowering, he wrecked all of that because he wanted super powers to be "special."

Meanwhile, the horrendous handling of Spider-Man could have been avoided if he either just had Peter Parker retire without the dumb clone saga shenanigans of the 90's attempt or had the balls to show two adults get a divorce in a comic book.

l'm mad because the authors of my children's books don't conform closely enough to my narrow sense of outrage

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Adam Bowen posted:

l'm mad because the authors of my children's books don't conform closely enough to my narrow sense of outrage

You think children are the ones reading comics these days?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if comic books actually were for children they'd be a lot better probably

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

dude has broken through to the next level. released like 5 insanely cool vids today

Are there any other Pannenkoek's out there? Like people that do the same sort of insane poo poo but for other games?

Besides Ulillillia I mean.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Quest For Glory II posted:

THis is why I stick to the Link to the Past and Super Mario World comics.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is why Superman comics from the 50's are the best

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is why Superman comics from the 50's are the best

And how.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

And how.

superhero sales on such a decline that superman has to slum it in bob hope's comic book series huh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

If I recall correctly this man was pulled form ice and has extremely strong muscles but yeah I guess it sucks that he isn't telling 30-somethings to Rock the Vote and Sink Drumpf

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

Cloning the fire, causing it to hang in midair, then using it to bounce mario up and into the star to avoid having to press A is ingenious :eyepop:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How the hell is he making Mario clap underwater to swim faster?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

How the hell is he making Mario clap underwater to swim faster?

b

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

If I recall correctly this man was pulled form ice and has extremely strong muscles but yeah I guess it sucks that he isn't telling 30-somethings to Rock the Vote and Sink Drumpf

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow you guys are really rustled by my nostalgia for the times where stupid funnybooks could also express political opinions.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only comics with opinions worth expressing were Chick tracts

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh I see, you're stupid, but think you're funny instead.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't care about the mainline Pokemon games, who's with me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Oh I see, you're stupid, but think you're funny instead.

Are you having a good night? Maybe try playing a Video Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't care about the mainline Pokemon games, who's with me

i haven't touched em since gba but they're probably good.

• Locked thread