Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I️ mean they also released a Metroid game that has modes locked behind an amiibo and you need to pay extra to unlock difficulty options in Zelda. And there's also fire emblem games which wind up with dlc that costs more than the base game for like 1/4th the stuff. It's just not as bad bc the games they make are actually good instead of being vehicles for monetization

teh fe games aren't good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i already forgot what people said about digital v. physical copies, just found some extra money in my budget and will probably be ordering a switch tonight, with both zelda and mario.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i already forgot what people said about digital v. physical copies, just found some extra money in my budget and will probably be ordering a switch tonight, with both zelda and mario.

Lucky

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think I've been this excited about video games since I was six years old and my parents surprised me with an NES. I have two superb new Nintendo games to look forward to with 100s of great hours of fantastic gaming.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I missed costume chat but my favorite is Pirate body with Waluigi cap for an antihero Punished Brother look.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think I've been this excited about video games since I was six years old and my parents surprised me with an NES. I have two superb new Nintendo games to look forward to with 100s of great hours of fantastic gaming.

i havent played mario yet but BotW is a god drat triumph.. I'm talking its the best Zelda game. enjoy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/fourscore64/status/930298622461308928

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol this is great

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rediscover posted:

i havent played mario yet but BotW is a god drat triumph.. I'm talking its the best Zelda game. enjoy

I'm really excited about that one, because if I can finish up Triforce Heroes, once I have played it, I will have 100 percented every Zelda game. may the way of the hero lead to the Triforce.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I'm really excited about that one, because if I can finish up Triforce Heroes, once I have played it, I will have 100 percented every Zelda game. may the way of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Even the weird stuff like Four Swords? Impressive.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Even the weird stuff like Four Swords? Impressive.

I had to play the anniversary edition for Four Swords and I played Four Swords Adventures by myself because I wasn't going to buy all the weird connector cables. I also didn't play the CDI games or the crossbow training, but I did all the rest. You have to play the Oracle games through twice to get all the rings, lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Playing Four Swords Adventures with three friends in high school is an all time great gaming experience for me that I'll never be able to repeat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive got 875 moons and the only ones left are ones I dont want to do like 100 volleyaball hits and collect every purple coin in the game and buy souvenirs so I think Im going to be done with Odyssey. Hell of a game, Im gonna try to do a 124 run this weekend maybe

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Ive got 875 moons and the only ones left are ones I dont want to do like 100 volleyaball hits and collect every purple coin in the game and buy souvenirs so I think Im going to be done with Odyssey. Hell of a game, Im gonna try to do a 124 run this weekend maybe

I've got all 880 moons

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

I've got all 880 moons
Nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I've got all 880 moons

The volleyball one is brutal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The volleyball one is brutal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh my god

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Impressive

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bicyclops posted:

Be careful. It may have been a while since you were that excited and It's too much for some to take.

I don't have a heart condition, but shortly after I got my switch it felt like I had.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Add me on Switch.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
joshua definitely can't

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

joshua definitely can't

Rank 6 is going to say "Well of course he can!"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

If it doesn't go against your honor you can recruit a friend to do volleyball in 2P mode. It's pretty fun and doesn't totally trivialize it but is definitely easier

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I did the skipping rope on an early attempt but I fully got in the zone to do it. My eyes kinda glazed over and I didn't look at my score, only knew I'd done it when the moon appeared

Volleyball still mocks me tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Add me on Switch.

im sure this is a trap but wheres your code

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

im sure this is a trap but wheres your code

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651830

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SW-6908-7305-0109

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

show me where he listed his switch code in there or stfu

Tipster
Mar 7, 2013

if you don’t mind cheesing it a little, you can play as cappy for the volleyball moon, and do the jump rope one on a scooter. I didn’t think I’d ever get those two until I did that

e: woops someone already posted the volleyball trick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh man the Bowser's Castle freerunning is so good. Going through the level backwards is brilliant

edit: that level is really cool design in general now that I'm going back through looking for Moons. It's awesome all the ways they managed to hide things away in what seems like a really linear gauntlet

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
when you fall off the world and actually land in a totally new secret section

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The Milkman posted:

when you fall off the world and actually land in a totally new secret section

this is basically how i found the secret dark garden world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this was my 880th moon bc I couldnt freaking do this for some reason. I even did the trace trick and kept getting insanely close and failing:

then i finally realized i had the eyes on the wrong side and did a free hand one:

Good work, Art Toad.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just realized the little squids in seaside kingdom are basically the fludd's hover and turbo nozzles

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hell yeah. that and the fish morph were cool ways of making the water movement fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow I haven't even made it to the last area yet but some of these hatless rooms in Dark Side are loving brutal

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I found a boo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an actual dog posted:

I found a boo

best outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010