Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Creepy Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Blue Period

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mitsuboshi Colors is back https://mangadex.cc/title/18578/mitsuboshi-colors

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

archduke.iago posted:

My Home Hero
A thriller about an amateur getting away with murder.

New page so I'm just going to say...everyone should read this.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I will when Mangadex gets itself back together. They're only hosting the last month or so at the .cc version.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The .org address at least has some kinda giant anime poster instead of erroring out now, so i assume (hope) there's been some progress on that

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

HenryEx posted:

The .org address at least has some kinda giant anime poster instead of erroring out now, so i assume (hope) there's been some progress on that
That's Quintessential Quintuplets which I'd've liked if it wasn't so insufferably harem-y.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Madowanai Hoshi

See You at the Food Court Tomorrow

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

C.M. Kruger posted:

Madowanai Hoshi

What's this about and why are they dressed like that? These outfits seem highly impractical.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's this about and why are they dressed like that? These outfits seem highly impractical.

It's about the remnants of humanity existing in a climate change post-post apocalypse, a grand series of underground settlements in Japan. There's a weird hierarchy of those who work "Outside", scavenging for required items in the inhospitable, weather-and-polution-ravage outside and generally keeping the place going, and those working "Inside", which is basically everything else and a multicoloured, holographic advertisement utopian-distopia.

The girls are anthropomorphic personifications of the planets. (i.e., the canonical 8 9)

It's by the same person who did that manga about bread yeast, Moyashimon.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

cant cook creole bream posted:

Saturns rings and Jupiters dense gas clouds are not impractical

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

C.M. Kruger posted:

Madowanai Hoshi

Finally, an Anachronox manga adaptation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Elfface posted:

I will when Mangadex gets itself back together. They're only hosting the last month or so at the .cc version.

its .cc now instead of .org

anyway i have no idea if this is good but its set in a world where the japanese government resets the brain of anyone not contributing to society but not always. has a rather unfortunate name of unemployed concentration camp. its seinen so nws

i've spoilered this because its not a monster story and don't want to give that impression

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the moyashimon bacteria went to space eh

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

LashLightning posted:

It's by the same person who did that manga about bread yeast, Moyashimon.

The women in that series also wore fetishy outfits.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Mraagvpeine posted:

The humanoids in that series also wore fetishy outfits.

Extremely minor spoiler but eh.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you probably shouldn't bother reading Kizu Darake no Jinsei

however

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"A right? I thought you said left. No. No it's too late, I went left."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh look, it's what happened to my local convenience store ten years ago or so, in manga form. :argh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jose posted:

i've spoilered this because its not a monster story and don't want to give that impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPFDbcqpHw

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Wait, really? So it's been back up the entire time? I had no idea the change was permanent. For some reason I thought it was temporary while they were getting the org version back up and running.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Last that I've seen it was still intended to be temporary:

"Changelog posted:

2020-01-05
Site returns and has moved to a .cc domain temporarily, while .org completes transferring.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Bro Dad posted:

Creepy Cat

Oh man its awesome and I love the short format. Thanks for sharing.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

you probably shouldn't bother reading Kizu Darake no Jinsei

however

Jinsei is a good guy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Last that I've seen it was still intended to be temporary:

Funnily enough, it looks like it's back to normal .org now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RareAcumen posted:

Funnily enough, it looks like it's back to normal .org now.
:toot: Maybe all the old chapters are back too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elysiume posted:

:toot: Maybe all the old chapters are back too.

All the old chapters in my bookmarks I checked worked when you swapped .org to .cc, but now they just work.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lindbergh

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jose posted:

anyway i have no idea if this is good but its set in a world where the japanese government resets the brain of anyone not contributing to society but not always. has a rather unfortunate name of unemployed concentration camp. its seinen so nws

premise is interesting, but once the camp stuff starts... not really convinced yet. reminds me of some other grindhouse prison mangas I've read.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

btw I've started reading resetera because it's more active and they have a manga thread at https://www.resetera.com/threads/manga-ot-no-matter-how-i-look-at-it-its-discords-fault-were-not-popular.9291/
some good recommendations check it out

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

An Extremely Attractive Gorilla

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

gorilla desu ga

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chainsawman

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

chainsawman

yeah that's fun. btw I started reading battle angel alita, is the cameron movie also ultra-violent and kind of hosed up? I'm guessing not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't remember it being hyper violent but they do still like, have a guy's face get chopped off and another guy also gets sucked into a giant crusher thing, so there's stuff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mike12345 posted:

yeah that's fun. btw I started reading battle angel alita, is the cameron movie also ultra-violent and kind of hosed up? I'm guessing not.

it is hyper-violent if you count cyborgs. giving everyone blue blood is the equivalent of making the foot soldiers in the TMNT cartoon robots so they can do all sorts of horrible poo poo to them on camera

it's also really good and a ridiculously faithful adaptation considering it's live action

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Tenro no Avalon

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Hawkwood

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Guyver posted:

Hawkwood

the english...they're madmen!

(this is good, thank you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Memoir of a Dancer (oneshot)

Beautiful oneshot about a scientist who finds the holographic diary of a dancer in the post-apocalypse. The world is drowned, and he dives down to the theater where she was supposed to have her big performance, and projects her dress rehearsal one last time. sniff.