Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I still shill for microtik.

i'm installing an all mikrotik net tomorrow. 3 cap ax access points with two bonded gigabit uplinks back to a crs328. crs328 has a 10g link to a ccr2004 with 5gbit comcast service.

i figure this should be a nice step up from the 500/35 docsis connection we currently use with comcast provided router/ap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

i have a good ipsec joke

it's just ipsec. all of it.

:cawg:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

i have a good ipsec joke

it's just ipsec. all of it.

actually, it's called ESPhebophilia

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
more like computer notworking

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jabor posted:

more like computer notworking

:eyepop:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i "started work" today

i already have self approval on MRs and admin on the repos and like too much

i am not ready for this yet, i am baby TPM

SRE is scary

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
a startup without proper process controls, what a surprise

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

man i miss admin merging everything all the time. working for a public company sucks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sniep posted:

i "started work" today

i already have self approval on MRs and admin on the repos and like too much

i am not ready for this yet, i am baby TPM

SRE is scary

hire me, I'll fix it all for a paltry 200k/year

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

a startup without proper process controls, what a surprise

if you're an early ops hire, it's your job to establish those process controls

now excuse my while i sob into this stack of soc2 paperwork

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

soc 2 be you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it was bgp

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i finally bought a 5 meter ethernet cable and plugged my desktop computer into the router, instead of using wi-fi

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fart simpson posted:

i finally bought a 5 meter ethernet cable and plugged my desktop computer into the router, instead of using wi-fi

:nice:

my router and office are on opposite ends of my apartment but i have radiators along the bottom of the walls across the entire west side of my unit. there’s already holes drilled between each wall for the water pipe so it was incredibly easy to pass some ethernet through as well. and the cable tucks neatly under the radiator out of view so it doesn’t look shamefully untidy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

now there’s no risk of random buffering and connection issues when trying to watch movies when a lady comes over. just need one to come over now and i’ll be set

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
anyone have the bgp man image. its literally the only thing i know about bgp

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

bgp all the things. routing to the edge with a bird on every server

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nudgenudgetilt posted:

bgp all the things. routing to the edge with a bird on every server

This is literally how Fastly works! we run bird on every cache machine and then just use fatty switches to link them all to transit

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

what an announcement

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

what an announcement

lol

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

what an announcement

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
x-post from sh/sc:

Looks like I can pick up a TP link Ax1800 and a compatible Onemesh extended for $80 all told. My gf has an annoyingly long apartment, so her room is like 80 feet away from her current wireless access point. Would this set-up be better or worse than a 2-pack Deco S4 setup?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Head Bee Guy posted:

x-post from sh/sc:

Looks like I can pick up a TP link Ax1800 and a compatible Onemesh extended for $80 all told. My gf has an annoyingly long apartment, so her room is like 80 feet away from her current wireless access point. Would this set-up be better or worse than a 2-pack Deco S4 setup?

i don’t know

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Head Bee Guy posted:

x-post from sh/sc:

powerline ethernet

8523_3rd
Aug 6, 2023
thanks

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 6, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would wear out an mx cherry red question mark key typing as many as i need to express how i feel rn

8723_2nd
Aug 7, 2023
:thanks:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 7, 2023

8723_3rd
Aug 7, 2023

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8723_4
Aug 8, 2023
i'm enjoying all of this wrong software being received from your network :coffeepal:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aug 10, 2023
thanks

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 13, 2023

Aug 15, 2023
things seem to get worse with every post

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

big lol at hashicorp going "oh, nobody wants to use our lovely hosted terraform solution? let's try to kill the competition instead"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

vanity slug posted:

hosted terraform

:stonk:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

why would you want someone to host your terraform

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what is there to host

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

post hole digger posted:

what is there to host

...config files? :shrug:

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

i dealt with that hosted teraform product once before and their big selling point was this hand waving “but you can also store secrets with us and that way you wont mess up and leak them”

and I guess maybe that’s a thing for small one person devops shops who dont have the capacity to go building secret stores and cicd pipelines in addition to all the regular TF stuff.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

post hole digger posted:

what is there to host

the MSP I worked for spent a while trying to figure out how to ‘manage’ containers the way we ‘managed’ VMs, ie patch em monthly and monitor. there’s always big market of outsourcers trying to find something useful to do.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

yummycheese posted:

i dealt with that hosted teraform product once before and their big selling point was this hand waving “but you can also store secrets with us and that way you wont mess up and leak them”

and I guess maybe that’s a thing for small one person devops shops who dont have the capacity to go building secret stores and cicd pipelines in addition to all the regular TF stuff.

trying to imagine the tiny dev shop with no secret storage or ci/cd tooling but a robust terraform management layer

and failing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

maybe for someone who’s really good at deploying a personal wordpress blog with terraform.