Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There was a deal for 12 of those new sweet chili wings in the app and I got at least 20 last night lmao. Popeyes stay winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I know the Popeyes by us always makes a huge mountain of chicken and they just keep making more and more and piling it up and up. I wonder if by later in the night depending how big that chicken mountain is, they start just trying to get rid of it all, so they start putting extras in. A buddy who used to be a manager at KFC always came home with garbage bags of left over chicken, cuz they never gave it out at the end of the day.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tried the blackened tenders last week and hot drat those were good. A nice change of pace when I’m spicy tendied out.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I only get "extra" tendies when it's two smallish ones.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Philthy posted:

I know the Popeyes by us always makes a huge mountain of chicken and they just keep making more and more and piling it up and up. I wonder if by later in the night depending how big that chicken mountain is, they start just trying to get rid of it all, so they start putting extras in. A buddy who used to be a manager at KFC always came home with garbage bags of left over chicken, cuz they never gave it out at the end of the day.

Iirc the holding time is 10 minutes, after that you’re not supposed to sell it. So if it’s gunna go bad might as well stuff a couple extra into the orders.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Proust Malone posted:

Iirc the holding time is 10 minutes, after that you’re not supposed to sell it. So if it’s gunna go bad might as well stuff a couple extra into the orders.

Rules like "10 min max holding time" are the kind of rules that food places typically only enforce when the owner, a manager under outside pressure, or the health inspector are around. I imagine Popeyes especially isn't going to be one of those "strictly by the book" type places.

The "throw some extra food in because someone just sort of eye balled it and decided it was getting old" is definitely a thing that happens though. Unless you have a total rear end in a top hat manager like at a place I used to work at who would throw away any mistakes to discourage anyone from screwing an order up intentionally to get free food and waste the ingredients, by his reasoning. Oh, after holding on to it for a little while to see if anyone happened to order whatever it was so he could still sell it. You better have a receipt for anything you are eating, and no you can't leave the place on break to go get something else.

Mistakes happen, a total waste, free food is one of the few perks of working at a crappy restaurant job.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Twenty Four posted:

Mistakes happen, a total waste, free food is one of the few perks of working at a crappy restaurant job.

In a past life I worked for a very popular, very litigious coffee chain and it was super cool having to throw all the edible uneaten food straight in the trash at the end of the day whenever the manager was on shift

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I got charged :tenbux: for three tiny blackened tenders and a biscuit today, when for the last month I was getting a 2-piece Big Box for $7, what the hell?

I need to avoid bread so I guess I’m ordering 2 blackened sandwiches next time, each one is bigger than the 3 tenders I got.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tried the blackened tenders last week and hot drat those were good. A nice change of pace when I’m spicy tendied out.

The best thing about the Blackened Tendies, at least where I live, is that it is not one of their big sellers so that when you order them, they are pretty much fresh. Granted you need to wait like 10 minutes but it is worth it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i used an app coupon for a 3pc tender combo and earned 69 points :getin:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell yeah :yosnice:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Unlucky7 posted:

The best thing about the Blackened Tendies, at least where I live, is that it is not one of their big sellers so that when you order them, they are pretty much fresh. Granted you need to wait like 10 minutes but it is worth it.
Always fresh where I'm at and they quote me five minutes wait, which is at least broadly accurate.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

that checks out because in the south when the answer to “how long” is “five minutes” really anything from 2-10 minutes is possible and entirely acceptable

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Tragic Popeye’s experience. The blackened chicken sandwich was delicious, but tiny and wizened. The nugs were fresh, but had zero seasoning, like someone literally forgot to put any flavor in the breading.

At least they can’t gently caress up those perfect fries

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I had to seek out a Popeyes thread because holy poo poo those truffle bacon cheese sandwiches are delicious

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Did not care for the truff sauce.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Snowy posted:

I had to seek out a Popeyes thread because holy poo poo those truffle bacon cheese sandwiches are delicious

I ordered a blackened chicken sandy with bacon and cheese today and kicked myself when I noticed the truff sign after paying. but the worst part is the fuckers forgot the bacon and cheese

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

kalel posted:

I ordered a blackened chicken sandy with bacon and cheese today and kicked myself when I noticed the truff sign after paying. but the worst part is the fuckers forgot the bacon and cheese

I feel bad for you on that one

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think Taco Bell just had that same Truff sauce with their fries a few months back.

I cant remember if i liked it or not. That fact I cant remember means it was probably meh.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

kalel posted:

I'm sorry, but checks out, authentic experience

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i bought a bottle of TRUFF a while back, thumbs down. i think i just don't much like truffle oil. it's expensive also. luxury hot sauce is a silly idea.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

truffle salt works well and is more versatile than truffle oil imo

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I like the idea of varying up the goat chicken sandwich. Gruff sauce is good but not great. Things I’d like:

— lettuce / tomato / red onion

— dunked in buffalo sauce like the Wingstop chicken sandwich

— panko crumb

— chicken thigh sandwich

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Truffle butter is better than both truffle salt or truffle oil.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I straight up bought a shaker of truffle zest on amazon. that's really the only way to do it properly

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

What do you pals throw these truffle offshoots on other than fries?

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wanna eat a spicy sandwich /w bacon and cheese again before it dies. I ask for no pickle.

Does the truff sauce replace the spicy sauce or is it both?

It was already the perfect chicken sandwich before the cheese and bacon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

never tried these but I bet it could replace nutmeg in the ricotta mix for lasagna, and maybe shake some on pho, or a loaded baked potato

would love to toss some into my onions when I make a philly and see what happens. dunno how to use it though, maybe I need to shake when done cooking

----------------

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Truffle salt on scrambled eggs or on tomato slices is particularly good imo

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Truffle butter on top of a steak is next level.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been experimenting with throwing truffle zest on everything since I got it tbh. pasta, steak, sauces, veggies, garlic bread. I keep forgetting to make parmesan truffle fries though, that would probably be the most classic use for it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

kalel posted:

I've been experimenting with throwing truffle zest on everything since I got it tbh. pasta, steak, sauces, veggies, garlic bread. I keep forgetting to make parmesan truffle fries though, that would probably be the most classic use for it

Oddly i found that it and parmesan kinda overlap in ways that don’t add as much. I liked parm and black pepper over truffle. Now, truffle salt without parm or with some gravy or something worked well also

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

awful high-class discussion for the fast food forum imo

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

awful high-class discussion for the fast food forum imo

i assume the bans are queued

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Popeyes has 5 wings sauces now, and they're doing a 6pc BOGO.

Ghost Pepper
Sweet N Spicy
Honey BBQ
Garlic Parm
Hot

Anyone got opinions on them? I know the Wendy's Ghost Pepper is about Buffalo hot, which is where I like my hot. How about Popeyes?

12 wings for $6 is p good, pre-covid prices. Unless they're tiny as hell like babby Dominos wings.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm not getting that pricing (in Canada) but Popeyes wings have always been good and aren't small and lovely like Domino's.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
popeyes wings are solidly mid, not bad, not great; bogo would be a great price for em

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got the Sweet n Spicy and Honey BBQ for $6.

That was a drat good meal. Wing size was good, with one monster frankenwing.

The Sweet n Spicy was exactly how my mind thought it would be. Not too spicy, just enough for a little burn. Lots of flavor. Rare.

The Honey BBQ, I think they used spicy breading because I can't feel my tongue anymore or something. It wasn't supposed to be that hot.

But they were super good. Def getting this again later this week prob.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Philthy posted:

Popeyes has 5 wings sauces now, and they're doing a 6pc BOGO.

thanks for the heads up. looks like the offer is good till the 11th so I'll make it a meal next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got more of those BOGO wings. Just as good. Gunna go out and say they have some decent wings. I like the thick crunchy breading they're using.

Honey BBQ was definitely hotter than the Sweet n Spicy again.

Good stuff.