Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baalfrog
Nov 14, 2012

Thats pretty neat.

Nahxela posted:

This prize roulette is a jerk. When I click on the mystery box, it goes to the thing before it, even if I'm two notches into it. When I click on a coin, it goes to that coin I clicked on.

Can you actually click on those things and it affects the roulette? I just mash my way out of the match and into the next one :D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, you can either let it spin out or you can click to end it early. Unless you click, you probably don't have a good chance to get a mystery box. But I'm bad at clicking, apparently.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
If you live in Canada, the TCGO app is now on the App Store.
Though I hope you don't actually want to play Pokemon.

I've had about 15 crashes since downloading it (I have an iPad mini with newest iOS). It crashes when trying to load my deck lists, it crashes while trying to load the card art. It even crashes when I'm trying to change the settings.
I really wanted to just try a single match, but in its current state that isn't happening.
Perhaps that's why they picked Canada first. A test run of server capacity and a way to suss out the bugs.

I hope they can push out a patch real soon. Since I'd really like to have a portable TCGO.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is the iOS version iPad only? No phones?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is the iOS version iPad only? No phones?

Since it's a direct port of the desktop version, there just isn't enough screen space for a iPhone version.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This game is loving ridiculous. I'm stuck on the first AI guy because his guy will do 30 damage a turn and I only ever seem to draw a Rattata. And then I'm dead 2 turns in.
I also have cards that search my deck for cards I don't even have. What the gently caress, game.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What deck are you using/have you gotten the free decks? Basic Green and Basic Orange are probably the most solid of the starter decks.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Nahxela posted:

What deck are you using/have you gotten the free decks? Basic Green and Basic Orange are probably the most solid of the starter decks.

I just started and I was using the Fire/Normal deck, I think? Like, I had to concede over 10 times because of how terrible my starts have been.
It almost always go like this. Computer goes first. Chattot is in play, attaches one energy. I have a Rattata, I attach an energy. Fail the coinflip for stun. Computer adds energy, swings for 30. Dead.
No other pokemon on bench (or they are other rattats).

Edit: Eh, whatever. I thought I'd give this a spin because I really liked playing the Pokemon TCG game back on the gameboy or whatever but this is just really brutal.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 1, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BambooEarpick posted:

I just started and I was using the Fire/Normal deck, I think? Like, I had to concede over 10 times because of how terrible my starts have been.
It almost always go like this. Computer goes first. Chattot is in play, attaches one energy. I have a Rattata, I attach an energy. Fail the coinflip for stun. Computer adds energy, swings for 30. Dead.
No other pokemon on bench (or they are other rattats).

Edit: Eh, whatever. I thought I'd give this a spin because I really liked playing the Pokemon TCG game back on the gameboy or whatever but this is just really brutal.
Dude. Just use another deck. The fire deck is apparently kind of poo poo.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You should use Basic Green. Basic Green is a solid starter deck with some good cards, like Bouffalant.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, hello. I come bearing gifts. Bunch of codes that will give you a pack each:

• qf8w3ly1
  • topcutstrategypokemontcgoapp
  • marriland-plays-pokemon-tcgo-app
  • pokemontcgoapplaunch
  • nugget-bridge-over-to-pokemon-tcgo-app
  • pidgi-plays-pokemon-tcgo-2014-sept
  • pokemon-tcgo-pokemon-crossroads
  • SHACKNEWS-POKEMON-TCG-ONLINE-NEWS
  • purplepawnpokemontcgoapp
  • BULBAGARDEN-POKEMON-TCGO-APP-FUN

They are all multi-use, so each of you can use all of them.

I got 10 packs; 8 XY, 2 Black/White.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 7, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Woo, free packs! Though it looks like the XY packs are giving out basic energy cards for whatever reason. One of the ones I opened up gave me three of them. These were the only things that looked neat:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is an amazing Mega-Venusaur, and I love it so much. :allears:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

Woo, free packs! Though it looks like the XY packs are giving out basic energy cards for whatever reason. One of the ones I opened up gave me three of them. These were the only things that looked neat:
Maybe related, but the last time I was doing pvp for the mystery box roulette stuff, I kept getting energy cards instead of boosters. Dunno.

I got the same Reshiram and then a Kyurem EX in my first pack :toot:
Also M Venusaur in the first XY pack :toot:

e:Full art Emolga (eh), full art and regular art Blastoise EX, M Blastoise, and some various holo rares. Not bad~

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 8, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I didn't get a single EX. Suits me for being a good guy and sharing the codes. :saddowns:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I got a couple of foils. No EXs, nothing super amazing. *shrug* That's booster packs!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, hello. I come bearing gifts. Bunch of codes that will give you a pack each:

• qf8w3ly1
  • topcutstrategypokemontcgoapp
  • marriland-plays-pokemon-tcgo-app
  • pokemontcgoapplaunch
  • nugget-bridge-over-to-pokemon-tcgo-app
  • pidgi-plays-pokemon-tcgo-2014-sept
  • pokemon-tcgo-pokemon-crossroads
  • SHACKNEWS-POKEMON-TCG-ONLINE-NEWS
  • purplepawnpokemontcgoapp
  • BULBAGARDEN-POKEMON-TCGO-APP-FUN

They are all multi-use, so each of you can use all of them.

I got 10 packs; 8 XY, 2 Black/White.

MACRUMORS-SEPT-POKEMON-TCGO-APP is another code I found.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I got a Victini EX! ...that I'll never use. :v:

If any of you goons want it, that one one-of-equipment for Genesect, or my Plasma Deoxys-EX, shoot me a PM. I'm not going to use any of them (especially since Plasma Energy are no longer Standard-legal, which hoses my only good deck.)

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Does anyone have any full art trainers they want to trade away? I have like, 80 packs of Flashfire.

e: And a Tropical Beach

LordNat
May 16, 2009
I got what looks to be ok pulls.

Mew EX, Yveltal EX, and MAgnezone EX
Mew EX seems really good but I am not sure I have the cards to make him work.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I redownloaded this as I haven't played in a while, but every time I try and start Te game, my screen goes all weird and flashy and nothing happens. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have a weird request.

Does anyone have any Team Plasma Flareons? I need one more to finish my Metagross/Flareon/Deoxys deck.

Never mind, got one by trading away an Espeon and a Vaporeon.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 8, 2014

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I'm hitting the point where I have like 5 theme decks and enough coins for two more and would like to begin branching out from premades.

Is there any step between theme decks and "Get your poo poo beat in by various EX Pokemon"?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

MACRUMORS-SEPT-POKEMON-TCGO-APP is another code I found.

YES! Got a Mega Venusaur EX from this one. It's the one card I wanted.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

Elblanco posted:

So I redownloaded this as I haven't played in a while, but every time I try and start Te game, my screen goes all weird and flashy and nothing happens. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Are you playing on OSX? Try mousing over the upper left side and changing to Windowed mode.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm kind of upset that Mega Blastoise has basically no synergy with Deluge Blastoise.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
code:
TINYCARTRIDGE-POKEMON-TCGO-CODE
It's get a million booster packs day.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Look at all these fukkin codes
http://www.reddit.com/r/ptcgo/comments/2ihuty/codes_for_free_packs/

e: Only got a Toxicroak EX this run. Nothing else too notable.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 9, 2014

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

SuperSpiff posted:

Are you playing on OSX? Try mousing over the upper left side and changing to Windowed mode.

No, I'm running windows xp, I'll see if I can get windowed mode to work that way though.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Lotsa boosters! Got a lot of twos of some random rares like Greninja and Dragalge. And I got this:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I finally got around to putting in all the XY-pack codes. Spoils include:

Charizard EX
Foil Chesnaught :haw:
Magnezone EX
Toxicroak EX :getin:
Yveltal EX

On that note, Mercury, you want to trade for my Magnezone EX and/or my Zapdos EX? PM me. That way you'll have some good EXs for an electric deck (which I have no interest in building right now, myself).

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I finally got some nice ones outta the later batch of codes on Reddit.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Mega Charizard
Xerneas EX
Lucario EX
Seismitoad EX

:negative: So annoyed that I couldn't get this.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 10, 2014

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I didn't get anything from the packs, but that's probably karma for the Lucario-Ex and Mega Lucario-Ex I got the last time I bought packs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Emalde posted:

:negative: So annoyed that I couldn't get this.
It's not the one that tutors, but I'm willing to trade it all the same. PM me?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Went back and nabbed three codes I missed. Got a Heracross EX :toot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Once I get a better handle on the X/Y cards, I'll probably remake my old "what Trainers should I use" post.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
FYI, don't go crazy and make extra accounts to trade packs. They're going to go through and ban accounts that have been doing that.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
I wish they made trainer card only booster packs (both real and TCG online) farming/trading for the cards I want takes forever. Also has anyone ever bought a booster pack box just for the codes inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Also has anyone ever bought a booster pack box just for the codes inside?

There is no reason to ever do this, as you can get that code from resellers on the internet for vastly cheaper.

• Locked thread