Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But he got the PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You got the overview in the doc.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh we won.

Okay. Yay.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thanks for the BP, Hal.

Sorry we had to break your eggs for the omelette, PM.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Wait, Mills, why did you roleblock me if you thought I was town? Did you have to roleblock?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, Mills, why did you roleblock me if you thought I was town? Did you have to roleblock?

If he mimicked you he would have lost the steal power. So he chose to steal instead.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I could mimic you as my town action (which let me use your power) or I could use Jamuraan's action that I mimiced the night before (which lets me steal your power, and roleblocks you).

I had a hunch you were the scum and PJF and I agreed that I would do what I did, while he blocked Taste.

We breadcrumbed our actions too.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Makes sense. Hal couldn't have made the kill through the hide N1 anyway, so it had to be one of us, right?

Nice move.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TT IS A REAL rear end in a top hat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mills was asking me tons of questions about the possiblity of a theoretical passive hider.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mills posted:

Hey taste did I tell you the riveting story about the time millennium bug played tfc

H for Hal, standing alone

M for Mills targeting B for Byers
P for PJF targetting T for Taste

PJF was supposed to respond to the breadcrumb by saying the story was really boring to confirm he knew I had a roleblock power, but ??? PJF ???

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TT, gently caress you for killing Aladdin! He had an action that actually freed Genie.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Makes sense. Hal couldn't have made the kill through the hide N1 anyway, so it had to be one of us, right?

Nice move.

Yeah I was debating Hal being a passive hider who could make an active unroleblockable kill. I thought that could explain game balance.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Grandicap posted:

TT, gently caress you for killing Aladdin! He had an action that actually freed Genie.

I wished for it, it should have happened!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I wished for it, it should have happened!

Camels can't make wishes. They are assholes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cat kills rat

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mills posted:

Yeah I was debating Hal being a passive hider who could make an active unroleblockable kill. I thought that could explain game balance.

It felt tilted towards town in balance, but not unbelievably so. The problem is that your power was the lynchpin; it was the only investigative power town had, and it was a doozy. Knock you out early, and suddenly the game becomes much less about the powers.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you hadn't claimed to self doc, it could have been different.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Camels can't make wishes. They are assholes.

That's a little speciest, Grandi. Also, you should have done it because it would have been fun; game was over at that point, free Hal!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That's what I said to PJF on D1. It was literally:

This game feels like it's stagnating. I have a town read on you, so gently caress it, here's my role. It's super powerful for town. Help me work out how to use it?

And he just immediately distrusted me and everything got really difficult. Alas.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Grandicap posted:

If you hadn't claimed to self doc, it could have been different.

I didn't know claiming self-doc would be a red flag, but even without that Mills caught Jam with the power as well.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

THATS WHAT YOU WANT ME TO THINK MILLS THATS WHAT YOUF UCKING WANT ME TO THINK

YOU SCUM MILLS

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Listen, I know Mills isn't scum because he's not in the scum doc!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mills posted:

I'm on my phone so I'll get to a PC in a second and paraphrase but he's a role thief that blocks players when he thieves their role.

Hey, also Mills telegraphed he got more than just rolename in this post. Pay more attention Byers when making up fakeclaims.
Also you are the one who pushed for the massclaim.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

This setup needed more flavorcops and maybe a flavorthief

Good game grandi!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

kaschei posted:

This setup needed more flavorcops and maybe a flavorthief

Good game grandi!

This game needed loving Aladdin.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This game needed loving Aladdin.

Would you have freed me?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Idk Keane you probably would have lost this game for the town like you lost Ecco's game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So am I running The Lion King or The Little Mermaid next?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Whole New World > I Just Can't Wait To Be King, so the choice is obvious.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Has Mulan been done already? Also, that was a fun read.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

A Whole New World > I Just Can't Wait To Be King, so the choice is obvious.

But we already played Aladdin... or do you mean Part of Your World which is the song in The Little Mermaid?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I mean, A Whole New World is just the I Can Show You the World Reprise.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grandicap posted:

But we already played Aladdin... or do you mean Part of Your World which is the song in The Little Mermaid?

yes

sorry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I vote for Little Mermaid

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

here is my tv boyfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77jdPBjzM4

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

yuming suggested her and i play mafia together so im going to suggest beauty and the beast

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

hal would also be a good back up beauty if yuming is unavailable

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Grandicap posted:

So am I running The Lion King or The Little Mermaid next?
Yes, one and then the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mills posted:

yuming suggested her and i play mafia together so im going to suggest beauty and the beast

You'd make a good Chip.

• Locked thread