Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie, Max turning out to be the ultimate avatar of destruction again isn't very promising. It's been the best season but I'm just not feeling that ending.
Maybe they'll turn it into something clever, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It seemed like they tied up all the plot threads started and built up this season in episode 4. I have no idea what they're going to do in episode 5.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
...I'm still a little stunned by the Charlie twist. Maxthulhu isn't really a surprise - I assumed he was a demon from beyond time and space from the beginning, so this was more just confirming my suspicions.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

GeneralYeti posted:

...I'm still a little stunned by the Charlie twist. Maxthulhu isn't really a surprise - I assumed he was a demon from beyond time and space from the beginning, so this was more just confirming my suspicions.

No, no, the surprise is that he wasn't, but he swallowed Junior and turned into one.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.
Mmm, caught up on the thread in a couple days. RBD, you do a decent job of letting the game show itself off. Can't wait for TCtDNS.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Sam & Max in The Devil's Playhouse - The City That Dares Not Sleep 01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUHAMF17OFk

This is probably the longest pre-intro sequence so far, hopefully I might get too it in the next episode. There's a lot of old friends even in act one so this is episode is extremely dialogue heavy. As usual I won't spoil anything with the opening episode, as per usual it's following straight on from the end of the previous episode.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Did you miss dialogue from Papierwaite and Superball when you talked to Mama Bosco?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did you miss dialogue from Papierwaite and Superball when you talked to Mama Bosco?

Momma Bosco's and Papierwaite's dialogue are contained in one dialogue wheel for some reason, if I had chosen Papierwaite first the result would have been the same. The extent of Superball's dialogue started around 14:10 in the recording. This episode is pretty much just making Sam talk to everyone involved and interacting with anything he can, I'm sure there'll be more dialogue from everyone when more actions start happening.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sybil's appearance threw me totally off, holy crap. I was not expecting her condition either. I am really looking forward to this episode.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I bet the narrator's the traitor. They wouldn't have given him a character model that detailed without our heroic duo being able to interact with him. Also, is he wearing a cape?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Sybil is being weirdly helpful so im guessing its her.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
It's Skun'Ka'Pe. Who would suspect after all this time of being a villain that he was actually... A VILLAIN ALL ALONG!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Samovar posted:

Also, is he wearing a cape?

I'm not really sure. I've played this season through to the end and they never really explain his weird uneven collar...

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You know, I always found the C.O.P.S. annoying as hell, but Curt's horrible one-liners at the start really have something going for them.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Just a quick update, I am planning to record at some point next week, but as of now I'm fighting off a chest infection. I would have attempted a recording this weekend, but I think if you wanted to hear someone coughing in your ear for half an hour you'd visit your nearest GP.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so I'm in the market for some sound files for text alerts and so on - but I don't think there are any good ones for Sam & Max? I can only find some for S&M Hit the Road and they are very low-quality. Mostly I want some good upbeat Max quotes.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Sam & Max in The Devil's Playhouse - The City That Dares Not Sleep 02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvWrrUVhcw

Apologies for yet another delay, I'm aiming to have this licked sooner rather than later. The intro sequence finally crops p after about forty minutes of game play, the first half of this is mainly action and the second is a lot of dialogue and dicking around. It looks like this episode is going to be pretty fun!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Take yer time, it's still a good LP. Though I am relieved at how un-gross Sam is on the inside.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
You mean Max or Maxthulhu as the case may be.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I guess if there's one thing that gets me about this episode it's that Sam's been willing to accept pretty much everything about Sybil's relationship with Abe up until now, but somehow Sybil being pregnant suddenly bugs him; conveniently just in time for it to be a significant obstruction, but, you know, it's just weird where he draws the line is all.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Sam & Max in The Devil's Playhouse - The City That Dares Not Sleep 03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107AAOyBI6A

More exploration of Max's body, Sam is finally making some progress in taking control and fixing this mess. I'm not going to say much about what happens, all I will say is that there's a shocking event that happens. It's almost a shame that this LP will be ending in the next two or three weeks, also a little relief as it's been going on for a bloody long time now. Thank you everyone again for following this through to the end.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I wish the Max Spores inside were less SLEEP and more max-like.

Hearing Max nerd out about board games is great :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh Sal, you died as you lived. ...A giant cockroach? Eh, I got nuthin'

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rest in peace mariachis, whenever you are.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

SlothfulCobra posted:

Rest in peace mariachis, whenever you are.

Saddest part was the 'I have no idea what that was all about'.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Sam would've had appropriate facial animation and gesturing, had he not been a cactus at the time.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Sam & Max in The Devil's Playhouse - The City That Dares Not Sleep 04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or4vUsyWH18

We're almost at the end now, the end of this episode, the end of Sam & Max and the end of the LP. There's only one more video to record after this one. A lot happens in this recording, we find out who or what is in Max's brain, I won't spoil anything but a few people won't be surprised.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Okay, now we're really tying up all the loose ends.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Was expecting him to be the super-villain, not the super-ego.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rabbit Season is a classic. Well played Sam. :allears:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Samovar posted:

Was expecting him to be the super-villain, not the super-ego.

When I played through myself I didn't actually recall that he'd said at the beginning of the episode "one of these you see before you will be revealed as the real villain" but seeing it from the other end and remembering how it turned out, it's a nice touch. He wasn't lying.

I have to admit I'm as surprised as Sam is that Max's superego is so cultured though.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

SaffronKit posted:

Rabbit Season is a classic. Well played Sam. :allears:

Even having read this post and knowing it was coming, I still laughed.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Anticheese posted:

Even having read this post and knowing it was coming, I still laughed.

Sammun-Mak's defeated little 'oh you dick' (paraphrased) is amazing.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just recorded the last episode, I feel a little sad now it's pretty much all over. It's been a long journey but I have no regrets apart from delays and a few technical issues. I'm hoping to have this uploaded by the weekend followed by some bonus footage. I'll go back through the posts to the start of the season and try to find out what I've missed, please feel free to tell me anything you've noticed that I missed or things you want to see in case they haven't been mentioned before or in case I miss any from previous comments.

I'm going to try out a hack for the Nutri-specs, if it works then expect it to be a big part of the extra content video.

Thank you everyone for being a part of this crazy journey, all your comments and support have meant a lot to me and I have appreciated them all.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dang yo, when did you start this all off with the Monkey Island series?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Samovar posted:

Dang yo, when did you start this all off with the Monkey Island series?

Monkey Island started on 18th January 2014 and wrapped up on 29th August 2014. I thought it was longer, although the video files were a lot smaller so I could update faster. That LP was a serious lesson in upping my game after a few major technical gently caress-ups. If there's anything I've learnt with Sam & Max is that I need to take my time with the commentating as at times even I've found it difficult in understanding what I'm saying.

The last video is uploading now and should hopefully be up in the next couple of days. I'll work on the bonus footage this weekend. Also, poo poo just got real folks:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Sam & Max in The Devil's Playhouse - The City That Dares Not Sleep 05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzRvPOtLY0

The last video of this Let's Play, there's still a few surprises and I'm not going to spoil anything. Even the ending was very unexpected for me.

Thank you everyone for your time and patience, I know series three slowed to a crawl with updates due to file size and some unexpected delays but we got there in the end. Season three was surprisingly good fun to play, a few things were shoe-horned in with the revamp but they made things more fresh. Even though the journey was a long one I'm glad I took it, there's a few things I'd do differently if I could go back but I have no regrets.

I'll be recording bonus footage this weekend, I'll go through the thread to see what I've missed and maybe trawl the web for easter eggs I missed out on. Now I've got the Nutri-Specs hack working it should hopefully be worth the pay off for the amount of messing around I need to do with it.

Thank you once again everyone, your comments and support through the past nineteen months have been wonderful and I'm very grateful for them and you.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's the end of a saga. Thanks for the LP, it's been one hell of a ride.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You crack me up 'lil buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for playing all these games; it's been a blast. One last thing, what was Girl Stinky's deal?

• Locked thread