Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Whatever you call it, Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
gg i definitely agree that people who disappear for days and dont post are crappy, i think the GM should make an attempt to ensure they're not around for future games

also i would totally play mill's no powers game

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I was right about bif :psypop:

Non posters should be modkilled forever

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I like the day length games over a hammer bc the result can possibly be that the person killed can freak out and that's funny or scum accidentally out themselves defending their chums which is totally stupid and therefore funny or it can create paranoia in the town which changes votes around and scum can capitalise on paranoia which is also funny. All possibilities are funny, and the fourth option is basically that everyone agrees that the lynch was final and go about their business and commence radio silence which is the same result as a hammer end anyway.

I'm so sad I didn't kill mills on night 1 bc I died anyways :<

Noice flavour, my only criticism is having 1/3 players as scum bc I think that's too high a ratio. Also yeah bugger silent players that poo poo is poo, tho if I hadn't been killed I would have been out of commission for at least 30 hours over New Years so I am a hypocrite

And nice play by scum not wasting night actions on bowmore, haven't read the scumdoc yet but my suspicion is that milky was the one to figure that out. Surprised that no townies advanced a false flag argument about townie Ludlum itt tho bc I was suspecting that bc except for lee Rhiannon there is a tiny possibility that any greens mp could be a secret trot :twisted:

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 4, 2015

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

thatbastardken posted:

I was right about bif :psypop:

Non posters should be modkilled forever

Imo it's fair over New Years but it did gently caress the game up. Worse is posters who are not in the game or who are dead coming in and posting trying to effect the game or doing it in other threads bc it just ruins it for everyone

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Also the problem with having a game with no roles is that scum still have night kills and that weights the game in their favour. So if no one can investigate scum except by analysing their posts you should at best have 2 scum in a game of 15-20 and they maybe shouldn't even know who each other are, and they have to share night kills by only getting to do it on alternate nights so there aren't two kills in one night

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Cos an in-cahoots scum voting bloc of 3-4 with no town trackers or cops or masons is a gift

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fruity Gordo, a game with no roles is literally how mafia began as a concept. Uninformed majority vs informed minority. Data is a bastardisation for people that wanted a new twist but it makes people worse players since they don't get the same chances to actually learn how to find scum. Not making a LOOK AT ME post but, as an example, I didn't need data to pick out 4 of the 5 scum. Tithin found Bif without data too. Etc

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I prefer hammer, it was weird without it, but, not hammering gave everyone a chance to weigh in.

I think we were just unlucky with lack of player activity with the timing of new years and what not.

Did I read correctly, was fruity set to kill mills night one and mills set his vengeful townie power on fruity day one? (even though it's only lynch related )

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

she didnt kill me or i would have been dead. i had preloaded my ability on her because i twigged when she said her role was exactly her IRL (and i was like well arent the scum super left fuckers so....). kommando didnt mention it but i made the preload hambeet after fruity died

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

she didnt kill me or i would have been dead. i had preloaded my ability on her because i twigged when she said her role was exactly her IRL (and i was like well arent the scum super left fuckers so....). kommando didnt mention it but i made the preload hambeet after fruity died

Yeah I misread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Fruity Gordo posted:

Noice flavour, my only criticism is having 1/3 players as scum bc I think that's too high a ratio.

In the stuff I've read about setups and balance here on the forums, that seemed to be a standard ratio. But I'm guessing that's been settled on based on special powers also being standard? Mills?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Na it was definitely too high. Typically you'd have 2 in a 7-9, 3 in a 10-12, 4 in a 13-19, 5 in a range starting at 20 or so. You're right that role strength might shift that a little but one-shot townies is not helping much. FG's role and my role would both be considered anti-town too, i.e. they make the town weaker ceteris paribis.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I dunno mills I thought a world champion mafia player could overcome that.

:v:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I picked you all on d1 <:mad:>

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Which you tell us after we've been revealed. I guessed last Saturdays tattslotto numbers too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You're too easy btw.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I know you're being silly. I just like to post. :3:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Same

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

there were 4 scum to begin with, then small Keating wanted in and I invented a wildcard role for him.

I think it was doable but the township acted like stooges.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
stooooooooooooge

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
I know what you are saying but even 4 scum who can talk together among 15 is still to high in my books.

In this game it made complete sense to throw someone under the bus because you had the numbers for that. It also means that they can paint different players as scummy at the same time.

In the games I ran - I always made sure the game was tilted in the town's favour because playing scum is far more fun. I believe if they are to win - they really have to play well.

I am not whinging though because it was a good game with great flavour text - it's great because it will put pressure on future game organisers to step it up.

In terms of the hammer, I liked the fact that you had predictable times. It meant that you didn't have to worry about a quick band wagon and allowed space for discussion. I can understand why the scum didn't like it though.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Mills posted:

I was antifa who are usually anarchists, not salt who are filthy trotskyists. Trots r scum

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Holy god this has been entertaining to read when I've had reception. Sweeroy I am absolutely in for the next game. Hambeet Must Suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Holy god this has been entertaining to read when I've had reception. Sweeroy I am absolutely in for the next game. Hambeet Must Suffer.

I think you ring led me to the lynch last time.

• Locked thread