Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I could be persuaded to vote Scum MQ, too. I can see him utilizing tutor and mediator as a cover. And because I do appreciate when he chimes in to clarify and am nervous about losing that resource, it is an effective strategy to get a new player to keep you around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

I am currently rereading the entire game real fast and come up with my thoughts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It’s weird that the person that was the cop flavor wouldn’t be the cop, but maybe there are more cops in Harry and the Hendersons?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Can you think of a reason why a living cop would want to deny being a cop, hal

Well yeah of course but it’s just weird to hint at it so strongly then later imply that it isn’t your role as if scum wouldn’t just assume it at that point, but I guess people are going to do weird poo poo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Since I know I’m town it leads me to believe Sig is probably scum, possibly hum too

I think I’m still going to vote Sig or maybe MQ today, not super interested in anything else

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess there is a world where there are only two scum left but that seems very unbalanced

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

It’s weird that the person that was the cop flavor wouldn’t be the cop, but maybe there are more cops in Harry and the Hendersons?

I guess...I could see George as a more important character being assigned the cop role. Not that it makes a huge amount of difference to figure that out. Unless someone wants to claim George??

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

I guess there is a world where there are only two scum left but that seems very unbalanced

Imbalanced for or against scum?

I'm really not sure setup-wise and wouldn't mind an experienced view. With limited investigative abilities and an abundance of vanilla, I could see it being argued either way, I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EGalz18 posted:

Imbalanced for or against scum?

I'm really not sure setup-wise and wouldn't mind an experienced view. With limited investigative abilities and an abundance of vanilla, I could see it being argued either way, I guess.

Against scum. Usually I would expect 4 scum or 3 and some sort of 3p (survivor or SK)

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

Against scum. Usually I would expect 4 scum or 3 and some sort of 3p (survivor or SK)

Gosh, I'm sorry...What's this "(survivor or SK)"?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Oh, nevermind. Like a separate win condition

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EGalz18 posted:

Gosh, I'm sorry...What's this "(survivor or SK)"?

Self-aligned roles. SK can kill every night and wants to be the last person left. Survivor wants to live to the end of the game and can win with either town or scum (and sometimes with SK)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EGalz18 posted:

Oh, nevermind. Like a separate win condition

Yeah a survivor just has to be alive, and would be incentivized to work with scum in this situation (since they want the game to end asap)

Serial Killer is not in this game since we’ve never seen an additional kill (or they are highly unlucky)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SK = Serial Killer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah a survivor just has to be alive, and would be incentivized to work with scum in this situation (since they want the game to end asap)

Serial Killer is not in this game since we’ve never seen an additional kill (or they are highly unlucky)

Well…we did see an additional kill…

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My flavor is Bob.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Well…we did see an additional kill…

Lol I was about to say oh wait we did

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Thank you for explaining!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Has anyone else noticed that Hal has either voted town or failed to vote every single game day?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Has anyone else noticed that Hal has either voted town or failed to vote every single game day?

That's a weird thing to say. Hal was the hammer on the Cat vote. Which you failed to vote on...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EGalz18 posted:

That's a weird thing to say. Hal was the hammer on the Cat vote. Which you failed to vote on...

Oh I missed that one lol, never mind

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh I missed that one lol, never mind

:thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I didn't believe it was a cop softclaim and uh...idk. I might still be right. It was just a very lucky guess.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If we're wrong today we lose if there are 3 scum left.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 5

t a s t e (1): MockingQuantum
MockingQuantum (1): t a s t e
Sighence (1): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Hal Insandenza, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (1): Sighence
kdowns (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (3): EGalz18, kdowns, Mr. Humalong

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 27th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 57 minutes.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Was there a reason as to why you didn't believe it at the time?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

kdowns posted:

Was there a reason as to why you didn't believe it at the time?

I didn't believe someone would softclaim cop that way on day 2 and I still don't.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

curiousCat posted:

fool of sound (9): Pinterest Mom, Mr. Humalong, curiousCat, wologar, wologar, Hal Insandenza, CubicalSucrose, MockingQuantum, CubicalSucrose, Toalpaz, t a s t e, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18
curiousCat (5): Haschel Cedricson, wologar, CubicalSucrose, fool of sound, Sighence, CubicalSucrose, Tired Moritz

Here's the votes from the two biggest trains yesterday. Special attention to Cubical Sucrose and Wologar for being on both trains, Sucrose being on FoS, me, and then back on FoS.

I don't like Haschel trying to switch the vote onto me at all -- when there's a claimed PGO the town is always, ALWAYS going to have to vote for them at some point, so there's no point in putting it off to another day. But It's fine here, it gives us another train to analyze if we want. I'm just going to focus down on something else though -- Tired Moritz.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038602&userid=185753 <- all posts

numbering starting at gamestart
1, 2 nothingpost
3, 4, 5 flavour talk
6 nothing
7 vote Haschel no comment
8 (real opinion sort of) "Don't think we should vote Hal" ok why
9 "vote someone scummy" ok who
10 "will be gone at deadline" ok
11, 12 nothing
13 vote for me after hammer, where it does nothing

anyway
##vote: Tired Moritz

interesting post from day 2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

voted cat day 1:

Haschel - town
wologar - town
cubical - town
fool of sound - town
sighence - ???
TM - town

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I didn't believe it was a cop softclaim and uh...idk. I might still be right. It was just a very lucky guess.

Disagree. Phuzz is a very clever person and great at tracking info and discrepancies. She also knows how to use the "Hi, I'm new in town" persona to her advantage re: her Survivor run. If she thought she could leverage another day or so by not explicitly claiming and leaning into "Aww, shucks, what's a soft claim?" I bet she would have

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EGalz18 posted:

Disagree. Phuzz is a very clever person and great at tracking info and discrepancies. She also knows how to use the "Hi, I'm new in town" persona to her advantage re: her Survivor run. If she thought she could leverage another day or so by not explicitly claiming and leaning into "Aww, shucks, what's a soft claim?" I bet she would have

Yeah I'm rapidly discovering most of these "newbies" aren't actually new

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also if she wasn't a cop then no matter what it was a guess. It could be an educated guess, sure, but splitting hairs on this is not conducive and mostly a waste of time so why exactly are we doing this

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also if she wasn't a cop then no matter what it was a guess. It could be an educated guess, sure, but splitting hairs on this is not conducive and mostly a waste of time so why exactly are we doing this

Maybe, because it seems odd that it's being questioned when no other investigative role has appeared?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I'm rapidly discovering most of these "newbies" aren't actually new

Also...Not trying to offend, but this made me lol

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would like to play. Never tried this before.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EGalz18 posted:

Also...Not trying to offend, but this made me lol

Yeah that's a bit I've been doing for the past few months.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EGalz18 posted:

Maybe, because it seems odd that it's being questioned when no other investigative role has appeared?

Has anyone else in this game flipped as anything but vanilla?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

EGalz18 posted:

1. CubicalSucrose -- Random Cop -- PROSQUATCH -- Vanilla
2. curiousCat -- Jacques LaFleur -- ANTI-YETI -- No additional advantages
3. EGalz18 -- Burger -- PROSQUATCH -- One-Shot NightVig
4. fool_of_sound -- Goldfish -- PROSQUATCH -- PGO
5. Hal_Insandenza -- (Claims "Pool Guy") -- (Claims PS) -- (Claims Vanilla)
6. Haschel_Cedricson -- Dr. Wrightwood -- PROSQUATCH -- Doctor
7. kdowns
8. MockingQuantum
9. Mr._Humalong
10. PhantomMuzzles -- ??? -- ??? -- (probably Cop?)
11. Pinterest_Mom -- Harry -- PROSQUATCH -- Vanilla
12. Sighence
13. taste -- (Claims "Harry's Extended Family") -- (Claims PS) -- (Claims Mason only advantage)
14. Tired_Moritz -- Sarah Henderson -- PROSQUATCH -- Vanilla
15. Toalpaz -- Kim the Gardener -- PROSQUATCH -- Vanilla
16. wologar -- Sgt. Mancini -- PROSQUATCH -- Vanilla

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

fool of sound - PGO
haschel - doctor
cat - mafia vanilla
wologar - vanilla
toalpaz - vanilla
phantom - ??????????????????????????
cubical - vanilla
pmom - vanilla
TM - vanilla

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

kdowns and I have also claimed vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

Haschel was a doctor
FoS was PGO off the top of my head