Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Luffy didn't need to throw a punch to understand Sanji's heart. He will also not lift a finger to 'save' Sanji, He intends to let Sanji settle his own affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Veskit posted:

Uhh i missed that one where did that happen?

during one of the flashback panels

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Holy Moley that chapter. :magical:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that was a good chapter.

did luffy just permanently lose a tooth? we've seen brook lose a tooth before, but it's grown back. i think he's the only strawhat that's happened to.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

anime was right posted:

that was a good chapter.

did luffy just permanently lose a tooth? we've seen brook lose a tooth before, but it's grown back. i think he's the only strawhat that's happened to.

Usopp's lost plenty of teeth in his fights. See his fight in Alabasta

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Usopp's lost plenty of teeth in his fights. See his fight in Alabasta

ooh right, nevermind. this is the first time it's happened for luffy ain't it? huh.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Nami and Sanji were both uncharacteristically dense in this chapter. Or at least Sanji was; it's possible Nami saw through Sanji's act immediately but was angry at him for being uncharacteristically dense.

The Straw Hats are in a tight corner now. Luffy is injured and tired, Sanji is still wearing the exploding handcuffs and worried about Zeff, and Smoothie and Potato Starch are going to show up if Luffy and Nami stick around too long. Reiju had better betray her family really quickly.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Sanji gonna run the gently caress away from the wedding and Judge will have to use another son in his place.

Edit: Also gonna point out Luffy is not nearly as stupid as people think. He knew just what to say to get to Sanji.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 27, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
I LOVE ONE PIECE

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
One Piece is the last bite of Rogers' sandwich he ate on Raftel with his homies (Nakama kind, not tree kind).

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

Edit: Also gonna point out Luffy is not nearly as stupid as people think. He knew just what to say to get to Sanji.
Yeah, what Luffy did was practically calculated to force Sanji to get his poo poo together. Luffy has no idea why Sanji is acting this way, but he knows it's an act, and he's basically forcing Sanji not to sacrifice himself. Now Sanji has to come back for Luffy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nami clearly got it too.

i'm more confident in my dumbass theory sanji will take the roulette that jinbe took and leaves big mom's crew with a zeff style peg leg deliberately because he couldn't possibly stand to lose his hands

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crazyeyes posted:

Sanji gonna run the gently caress away from the wedding and Judge will have to use another son in his place.

Also curious to note is that Luffy didn't bother to put up Armament Haki, he just let Sanji kick him into a pulp. Was that Luffy making a point?

Nami dropping the -kun thing was pretty :stare:-inducing as well. Nami is making it clear that Sanji is being a complete dick to them, even if it is obviously a ruse and that surely hurts emotionally to see coming from practically a soul mate.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Baron La Croix posted:

Usopp sitting off somewhere wondering why Luffy didn't go easy on him

Usopp meant it at least a little based on his beliefs (and also insecurity). Sanji is obviously just being held hostage.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

nami clearly got it too.

i'm more confident in my dumbass theory sanji will take the roulette that jinbe took and leaves big mom's crew with a zeff style peg leg deliberately because he couldn't possibly stand to lose his hands

This seems exceedingly likely and would be incredibly bad-rear end.

Now I really, REALLY want Sanji's :zoro: moment to happen this arc.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

anime was right posted:

I LOVE ONE PIECE

seriously

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that was sick

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Now I really, REALLY want Sanji's :zoro: moment to happen this arc.

Bold prediction: we will have that moment before the new year.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

some utterly gorgeous and dynamic panels in this chapter too.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Luffy is going to stagger into Big Mom's party, beaten to hell and back, but before he gets killed, Sanji busts out some mega-healing cuisine and saves him. This is my prediction.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Been rereading my volumes and at the end of thriller bark, chapter 489, it's the first mention I can recall of Boa Hancock, who according to the wiki, doesn't appear until chapter 519, so that's neat.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Been rereading my volumes and at the end of thriller bark, chapter 489, it's the first mention I can recall of Boa Hancock, who according to the wiki, doesn't appear until chapter 519, so that's neat.

but did you notice:

Chapter 43 is titled "Introducing Sanji".
Chapter 843 is titled "Vinsmoke Sanji".

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oda does it again.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
My prediction is that Sanji will offer to make some food, his family will deride him for it, and it will piss off the Empress and her family because they are very devoted to food.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I really liked that final line. Without you I CAN'T become the pirate king.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mraagvpeine posted:

My prediction is that Sanji will offer to make some food, his family will deride him for it, and it will piss off the Empress and her family because they are very devoted to food.

He's gonna go off on how everything is sweets and how to need all foods and Big Mom is gonna get pissed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

that was sick

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Green Intern posted:

Luffy is going to stagger into Big Mom's party, beaten to hell and back, but before he gets killed, Sanji busts out some mega-healing cuisine and saves him. This is my prediction.

Accompanied by Popeye music as he literally pops back to normal.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Fantastic chapter. drat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Accompanied by Popeye music as he literally pops back to normal.

extremely relevant to luffy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOrSWr2HLU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Holy poo poo that is so well animated and coreographed, A++ quality fightmans anime

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

but did you notice:

GOD loving drat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

anime was right posted:

but did you notice:

Oda does it again.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

for those who don't get it, 43 can be pronounced "sanji" in japanese, and 8 likewise can be pronounced "vinsmoke"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oddium posted:

for those who don't get it, 43 can be pronounced "sanji" in japanese, and 8 likewise can be pronounced "vinsmoke"

in chapter 1212 we'll be introduced to luffy's mom: Itchy D Knee

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
The art and the setting are great, but I feel we are just retreading story beats

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

tbp posted:

The art and the setting are great, but I feel we are just retreading story beats

luffy even mentions this with the whole "you really loving think imma let this fly? ILL LEGIT KILL MYSELF"

like when has luffy EVER said hes going to kill himself for something like this and then say he CANT be pirate king without x this is some real rear end poo poo going down and it might be a retread but its a very special and extreme one (never seen you not hate tbp)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oddium posted:

lmao

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tbp posted:

Yeah this very much a repeat of Robin's situation, but I feel it's a different enough situation that i'm not really afraid of this becoming a repeat of Water 7 / Enies Lobby. Also Sanji and Robin's backstories are kind of polar opposites since Robin had her entire clan murdered but Sanji kind of just ran away from home. So I think this will play out differently. Even if it doesn't, this is the best One Piece has been since Marineford.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

tbp posted:

have we every seen luffy scream "I can't be the pirate king without you"? I feel like this is a profound departure and nothing like a retread