Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't call that ridiculous because it was already canon in Fallout 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Files under "awesome mods"

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't call that ridiculous because it was already canon in Fallout 2.

Goris was the best drat companion you could get, unless you consider Dogmeat and K9 better for being good boys. Any mods that let you have a blender in a trenchcoat as your best friend are good in my book.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Maybe this got posted already, but:

https://twitter.com/Wolfe_ow/status/1360759522646720519

:eyepop:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Ehrgeiz remaster is coming along nicely I see.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Flannelette posted:

:therapy:

You shouldn't have to live with social anxiety.
I'm saying this as someone who used to have this too and got help about it.
(although the fix is basically just expose yourself to it until you learn that it's not that bad)

Yes, I know. From the outside it looks easy but once I try something it comes in remarkable different ways. And if somebody tells me how I didn't do something right or well then it's pretty much the end :lol:

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Cardiovorax posted:

I hear FFIV has a bit more of that than is usual for MMOs, from what I hear, both because it's Asian (which means it doesn't always adhere to the typical "division of labor" that Western RPGs have followed since early D&D) and because the easy class switching means that people become less invested in any given class so there doesn't have to be the same kind of 100% parity-at-all-times between all of them.

One of the best things I can say about FFXIV is that the game offers basically zero freedom when it comes to playing a class; there can't be trap options or illusion of choice if there's no choice to begin with. Each class is also completely locked into their role, and classes within the same role all have the same basic functionality.

Content is also designed around very specific party comps; dungeons will always have a tank, healer, and two DPS, for example, while raid boss instances assume two tanks, two healers, and four DPS. Because the devs can make very accurate assumptions about the party composition and capabilities, the content is also designed very tightly, so the difficulty is very consistent and won't ever fluctuate from trivial to impossible based on your party composition. This doesn't stop people from trying nonstandard gimmick comps, but that always involves a fully premade player group doing it just for the challenge.

Also, every class is expected to contribute DPS, and tanks and healers still put out a significant amount, so there's a basic objective metric for performance and less room for build arguments.

The end result is that you're free to play the class that appeals to you, and generally speaking no class feels either mandatory or unusable. And players are not just able but even encouraged to level multiple classes, so you'll never feel bored or locked in, despite the complete lack of freedom within a class.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Gameranx blokes did a bit on mods the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPBmwYoqCqk

the CJ in Dark Souls amused me, what can I say.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Gameranx blokes did a bit on mods the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPBmwYoqCqk

the CJ in Dark Souls amused me, what can I say.

Number 2 being a fuckawful reshade setup is uhh..hmm

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Look if Cyberpunk didn't want to be a Borderlands they should have picked a different loot system.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just don't know why you'd want to make a game with... oh.

I was going to say I don't why you'd want to make a game with not great shooting look like a terrible shooter but I guess it kind of checks out. Carry on.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
When I think of Sims 4 Mods, I think of what comes out modthesims or Loverslab, but this fried food mod is in the awesome category as it is essentially a semi-gamepack, the guy also have a rice cooker mod as well.

https://591760675.wixsite.com/rexsimscorner/single-post/sims-4-mod-pack-fry-em-up

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wolves say "bruh"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
:stare: Which mod that Motherfucking Giant Black Hole spell at the end from?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

:stare: Which mod that Motherfucking Giant Black Hole spell at the end from?

According to a google it's by EnaiSiaion and is in Thunderchild, Spectraverse and a couple other things.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Someone should add this to Dragon's Dogma.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Bros hunt in packs, Arisen!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong, bruh.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Here's a weird one I found while idly browsing the nexus: No Magic Effects. Eliminates all magic from Oblivion. :psyduck:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Who among us does not love Oblivion's... thrilling melee combat?

Hmm.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Magic does tend to have a negative influence on the world of the Elder Scrolls so it sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Besides, wizards are all assholes.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

John Murdoch posted:

Besides, wizards are all assholes.

I would bet it's been posted years ago now, but i recently messed around with modding Breath of the Wild, and part of a replacer mod that turns link into linkle also turns the hangglider into a cucco and it's marvelous.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
One day Nintendo will put Linkle in another game.

Right?

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Yeah! (no)

https://gamebanana.com/skins/157560

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thank you modders of skyrim for making it possible for me to make it hail on an elven waifu. It is like I'm in an isekai but I didn't have to get hit by a truck

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leal posted:

Thank you modders of skyrim for making it possible for me to make it hail on an elven waifu. It is like I'm in an isekai but I didn't have to get hit by a truck

I like throwing the Gold ingot.

That would loving hurt.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leal posted:

GOTY

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leal posted:

The future is here

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Skwirl posted:

That would loving hurt.

Right to the cranium, too. That's a one-hit KO right there.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

McSpanky posted:

What a fuckin' lovely design philosophy, no wonder I'm not a big MMO jockey.

Bending raids over our collective knee with eight Radiation Defenders (buff/debuff focus, only one low-power heal) was one of the great joys of City of Heroes.

CoH raids weren’t mechanically interesting at all. In fact I’m going to go out on a limb here and say every single mmo that forwent the trinity had at best mediocre raid gameplay.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Here's a weird one I found while idly browsing the nexus: No Magic Effects. Eliminates all magic from Oblivion. :psyduck:

So, what, the emperor comes to your jail cell, you get ambushed by a bunch of unarmed dudes (because the mythic dawn summon their equipment) and then he... doesn't die, doesn't give you his entirely mundane necklace, and there is no oblivion invasion because magic doesn't exist?

Or do they just deck him by being so absolutely swole and then the game is just you trying to recover the emperor's entirely boring amulet from a cosplay community?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That would loving hurt.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Right to the cranium, too. That's a one-hit KO right there.

There is a potion on the table its fiiiiiine

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

There is a potion on the table its fiiiiiine

but if you give away your Elixir of Cure Brain Damage what are you gonna use for yourself?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

silentsnack posted:

but if you give away your Elixir of Cure Brain Damage what are you gonna use for yourself?

I'm trapped in Skyrim why do I want to be able to think

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Leal posted:

Grabby hands is probably the one thing I've always wanted for Skyrim / Fo4.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Leal posted:

Skyrim VR would be worth it if yeeting objects at people would damage them (I know there's telekinesis, but grabby hands!).

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Flannelette posted:

Grabby hands is probably the one thing I've always wanted for Skyrim / Fo4.

I didn't even realize that was the mod at first, I thought it was the dancing elf lady or the coins or something. I was like "what do you mean, grabbing animations? Aren't those just part of the VR versio-oooooooh, right. Bethesda."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/draculavoice/status/1258873961238183936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUYC54dUek

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I really should recreate that 'mod' that made all the cliffracers say Dagoth Ur lines. Only Bethesda modding I've ever done and I still regret it.