Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon is absolutely worth $60.

How long does one playthrough of Automata take? I've read that things continue to evolve until at least 5 clears.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It took me about 40 hours to get all the main endings and 75% of the sidequests

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've never played a Nier game before, are these different endings or playthroughs signaled clearly in the game?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've never played a Nier game before, are these different endings or playthroughs signaled clearly in the game?

Yes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally finished Horizon. Gotta go back and knock over the dumb grazer dummies and that will be my second plat ever.

Really, seriously it has to be in the top ten games ever imo. There's just not a single bad thing about it outside of a some minor odds and ends. The worst thing about it is that it's over and I've done literally everything there is to do in it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, to the degree that if someone stopped playing after seeing the credits the first time it could only be because they just didn't like the game very much.

Edit: or shut off the game in the middle of the credits, I suppose. I guess some people might do that.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: or shut off the game in the middle of the credits, I suppose. I guess some people might do that.

I know at least one professional reviewer complained about Gravity Rush 2's plot not wrapping up properly because he turned off the game after the credits rolled for the first time, missing an entire additional chapter in the process. It happens.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Finally finished Horizon. Gotta go back and knock over the dumb grazer dummies and that will be my second plat ever.

Really, seriously it has to be in the top ten games ever imo. There's just not a single bad thing about it outside of a some minor odds and ends. The worst thing about it is that it's over and I've done literally everything there is to do in it.

Yeah, like it has some menu interface issues, but it's not particularly intrusive to the gameplay. All in all, really good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure plenty of people have gotten mad at nier and thought the story was poo poo because they shut the game off when the credits started, but yea it tells you in no uncertain terms that there's more to it after the credits

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Instant Grat posted:

I know at least one professional reviewer complained about Gravity Rush 2's plot not wrapping up properly because he turned off the game after the credits rolled for the first time, missing an entire additional chapter in the process. It happens.
Wow, they missed so much good stuff. Ever since MGS1 at least, how could someone who knows about games make that mistake?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Gravity Rush 2's fakeout credits are good because they're an intentional joke at the expense of how the first game completely failed to end properly

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

veni veni veni posted:

Uh no I think you'll find that swimming is bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

You can't ride all the machines.
You can't pet or feed the machines.
There are no dogs or cats.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Personally I wasn't really that bugged about not being able to ride big machines.

My actual complaints would just be that I wish they had gotten a little more adventurous with the standard open world progression, which isn't even really a flaw. The inventory was a little unwieldy and the loot/economy was super half baked. Really thats about it I think.

Oh, and gently caress the power cells.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Personally I wasn't really that bugged about not being able to ride big machines.

A dream deferred... :sigh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRodKHD8lrE

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PS Now is gaining PS4 games.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-ps4-games-pc/

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
So i randomly fired up black ops II on ps3 for some reason and my tv is saying this poo poo is being displayed in 1080p... Was this thing patched much later on? Because I can't believe it was running at 1080 on launch on ps3... And no other ps3 game that I have is upscaled to 1080. Just curious.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Re: horizon not having anything bad.

Inventory system is hot garbage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's fine

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

yaw?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not great, I'm constantly above 90% full, especially on mods, but I don't need money and finding/using merchants is a pain so I'm frequently crapping out a big pile of junk on the ground just so I can pick up stuff I actually need.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I definitely don't need it to say "trade with merchants" on things that are effectively crafting components.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The crafting system isn't some mysterious thing they needed to obfuscate, if it's a requirement for a specific level of crafting or a specific purchase they should just say so, so when I've used it for that purpose I can sell it.

With mods I sold all greens and blues. Even after buying every weapon and purple armor I was still overflowing with mods by the time I finished.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I definitely don't need it to say "trade with merchants" on things that are effectively crafting components.

Trade with merchants means that there are merchant items that you need those to get.

My biggest gripes with the menu system are that sometimes it's not clear where the focus is, and you cant tell if you need to select a tab or hit O to back out to tabs. It's not visual clear what level of the interface you are active in, which is poor design.

The inventory management itself does need some work, but, like I said before, it's not particularly intrusive to most of the gameplay. The quick crafting of ammo is really good and cool.

One thing that would go a long way is, once you've met a merchant that one of those "trade with mechants" items is for, it would tell you on the inventory screen, what it can be traded for. And have ??? for unknown trades.

So if you had a Sawtooth Lens and you hadn't met any merchants, it might say

Trade with merchants for:
???
???
???

And then partway through the game it would look like

Trade with merchants for:
pointless box a
good piece of gear b
???

and then when it's all filled in with pointless poo poo or poo poo you already have, you know that you can safely vendor them all.

That would fix a whole lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its probably gonna just be games from over 2 years ago they feel have finished selling significantly

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

Its probably gonna just be games from over 2 years ago they feel have finished selling significantly
People with pitchforks angry that this will ruin the potential of games coming to PS+

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's probably why PS3/Vita/Not PC support was dropped.

Every other method of accessing PSNow becomes direct competition with the PS4

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Hot take: I don't think Horizon's combat is that great. It's a good game. The combat is slightly janky.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Spite posted:

Hot take: I don't think Horizon's combat is that great. It's a good game. The combat is slightly janky.

How so? You get an amazing amount of freedom.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I could see that if you are referring to the melee but the ranged combat is killer.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The UC animation feels more stylized to me than anything, maybe because it's paired with those weirdly overproduced beam and splash effects. I assumed it was because they're movie versions.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A friendly reminder that Gravity Rush 2 exists and can be played and enjoyed on your PS4 system!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh good, they can take even longer to buffer now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

A friendly reminder that Gravity Rush 2 exists and can be played and enjoyed on your PS4 system!

Played, yes. YMMV on that second part. It's still staring at me from the shelf after only about 20% completion.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

Played, yes. YMMV on that second part.

I enjoy falling helplessly through the sky without a care in the world

i like that there is a lot of sky to fall through

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm still annoyed that my PS4 controller is acting up. I haven't even had it for a year and a half. I've had most of my Xbox 360 controllers for 6-8 years and I've never had a problem with any of them ever and they still work just fine.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mordiceius posted:

I'm still annoyed that my PS4 controller is acting up. I haven't even had it for a year and a half. I've had most of my Xbox 360 controllers for 6-8 years and I've never had a problem with any of them ever and they still work just fine.

oh word? 360 controllers must have never broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

rabidsquid posted:

oh word? 360 controllers must have never broken

I am a giant PS fanboy. I've had 2 ps3 controllers that broke (of 2, so bought a 3rd one recently), and already 1 ps4 controller of 2. My 2 xbox 360 controllers have bother never showed a problem. It sucks that PS controllers are less reliable.