Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ragedx posted:

Does all this have to be done in high security space that is full of war targets?

You can make corporations in highsec that are immune to wardecs now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ragedx posted:

That could be true but that is just about the time I noticed the price go up. Plex prices seem to have stabilized for now. Are SP farms even worth doing now that the prices are up there at a one bil?

My rough math buying extrqctors for 1120plex(I think that's the price) for 10 extractors. And assuming you extract 4 times a month means you need 8-9 characters(3 accounts wifh each account using pilot certs for the other 2) purely extracting to plex an account that doesn't. And this is going off of buy orders and sell orders where appropriate.

Edit: apparently you can't do 4 a month. It's 1.994m sp a month. So nevermind. Either way too many characters just to not extract on one.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 21, 2019

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Depends entirely on the faction you're trying to run COSMOS missions for, some do not require you to be in hisec iirc.

COSMOS is poo poo.

You need to do a fuckton of things for a one off mission chain, and if you fail one or let it time out, you can't attempt it again. I've tried petitioning it multiple times and I've only been told "nope". It's a dead mission series that requires you to know everything, I tried it once as a newbie, gave up, came back to it with a guide, found out they're all one attempt only. Never went back again.

TorsvikVonClemson
Jun 17, 2019
Yo, me and the woman are about a month into EVE and I was considering joining Goonfleet. Since I'm not completely indoctrinated into the politics yet I was wondering if there were any specific corps. I should avoid or any recommended corps. to join that I could cruise around with while I build up some skills in alpha.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TorsvikVonClemson posted:

Yo, me and the woman are about a month into EVE and I was considering joining Goonfleet. Since I'm not completely indoctrinated into the politics yet I was wondering if there were any specific corps. I should avoid or any recommended corps. to join that I could cruise around with while I build up some skills in alpha.

If you join goonwaffe you can be part of a pre-wwi Hapsburg nobility: still the aristocracy despite generations of inbreeding having led to a genetic dead end

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SugarAddict posted:

COSMOS is poo poo.

You need to do a fuckton of things for a one off mission chain, and if you fail one or let it time out, you can't attempt it again. I've tried petitioning it multiple times and I've only been told "nope". It's a dead mission series that requires you to know everything, I tried it once as a newbie, gave up, came back to it with a guide, found out they're all one attempt only. Never went back again.

You can find packs of all the required items. For free if you know the right people. It's a bit of a time sink on top of that but getting an item pack shaves off a shitload of time.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

If you join goonwaffe you can be part of a pre-wwi Hapsburg nobility: still the aristocracy despite generations of inbreeding having led to a genetic dead end

Fairly accurate. This is generally how I describe the Imperium to non-EVE players; space nobility with everything that entails.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Except we'll never deal with the revolution because, what, am0k dotte gonna do it?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
travis wells is our true lord and savior

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Travis "Robespierre" wells

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Travis "Travis Wells" Wells

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tarvis Warls

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm currently vacationed and see Mittens post about a London goonmeet. Any chance someone could drop the details in a PM or something?

I assume SV are there in full force.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell just happened to me? I wake up to this message and I'm now kicked from Goonwaffe for no particular reason. I didn't change my password or anything, and I log on almost every day. My forum account still works, and my characters are still ESA complaint. WTF? This is going to take a assload of time to fix because we are at war isn't it? :negative:

BTW the link to restore my account is dead and leads nowhere.

quote:

Rutibex,

You're receiving this message because your goonfleet.com account no longer
qualifies for access. If you have quit Eve, or are no longer a member of a
friendly alliance please disregard this message.

As a Goonfleet member, you have been vacationed. In order to return, you will
need to follow the instructions here:

https://goonfleet.co...k-to-goonfleet/

You will need to reapply to any groups you were in previously.

Estás recibiendo este mensaje porque tu cuenta en goonfleet.com ya no cumple
los requisitos para el acceso. Si has dejado EvE o ya no perteneces a alguna
alianza amiga por favor ignora este mensaje.

Como miembro de GoonFleet se te ha dado de baja. Para volver a activar tu
cuenta necesitas seguir las instrucciones detalladas en el siguiente post:

Además se te ha dado de baja en todos los grupos (SIG o S) por lo cual tendrás
que re-aplicar a los que pertenecías previamente.

Vous recevez ce message car votre compte goonfleet.com n’est plus qualifié
pour accede nos services. Si vous avez quitté EVE, ou n’êtes plus membre
d’une alliance amie, s’il-vous-plait ignorez ce message.

Comme member de Goonfleet, vous avez été mis en congé. Afin de revenir, vous
devrez suivre les instructions suivantes ci-contre:

https://goonfleet.co...ck-to-goonfleet

Vous devrez réappliquer dans les groupes dont vous étiez précédemment membres.

Purge notification 1

Purge notification 2-1

Purge notification 3

Вы получили это сообщение, потому что ваш аккаунт на goonfleet.com больше не
соответствует правилам доступа. Если вы больше не играете в Еву или не
находитесь в дружественном альянсе то можете пропустить это сообщение.

Вы были перемещены в группу отпускники на goonfleet.com с ограничением доступа.
Чтобы заново получить полный доступ вам надо следовать инструкции изложенной по
этой ссылке:

Вам придется заново подать заявки во все группы, членом которых вы являлись

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

If you changed your Eve password, CCP helpfully invalidates all your ESI tokens.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If you changed your Eve password, CCP helpfully invalidates all your ESI tokens.

I did not change my EVE password. My characters are all ESI complaint, that was the first thing I checked.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Voting Olmeca drain the swamp

I did it

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

What the hell just happened to me? I wake up to this message and I'm now kicked from Goonwaffe for no particular reason. I didn't change my password or anything, and I log on almost every day. My forum account still works, and my characters are still ESA complaint. WTF? This is going to take a assload of time to fix because we are at war isn't it? :negative:

you could have made a random director angry for things that happened outside of game and they aborted you. :v:

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Rutibex posted:

Nothing of value was lost?

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Somebody posted:

itt
Hey friendos, what if I found every moment spent in EVE, especially the first 6 months having no clue at all, pure fun and totally worth it?
:yikes:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

TorsvikVonClemson posted:

June Seventeenth, Twenty nineteen

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sort Dragon lost his CSM seat by 12 votes. 12 loving votes. That poo poo is hilarious.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
CCP registered one vote for some guy who wasn't even on the ballot. How can this even be happening? :psyduck:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

CCP registered one vote for some guy who wasn't even on the ballot. How can this even be happening? :psyduck:

validating user data hard

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

you could have made a random director angry for things that happened outside of game and they aborted you. :v:

Like what? I'm bland and unoffensive

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rutibex posted:

Hello, Atrum here.

I'm currently conducting a purge of Goonwaffe. This purge is not related to stratops or paps, but is based purely on community engagement.

Here is your file:

I've helpfully highlighted the important bits. See you in a week!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

Hello, Atrum here.

I'm currently conducting a purge of Goonwaffe. This purge is not related to stratops or paps, but is based purely on community engagement.

Here is your file:

I've helpfully highlighted the important bits. See you in a week!

Dude I post here every day

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Dude I post here every day

Dude, "here" is not goonfleet.com

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

Dude, "here" is not goonfleet.com

Those number are also not correct, I logged into the goonfleet.com forums last week to check out the war news.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Those number are also not correct, I logged into the goonfleet.com forums last week to check out the war news.

I'm going off the jabber and mumble dates anyway. The forum dates do appear to be off.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Since when does Goonwaffe have participation requirements? If your going to change the rules about things like that an EVE mail or something would be appreciated.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rutibex posted:

Since when does Goonwaffe have participation requirements? If your going to change the rules about things like that an EVE mail or something would be appreciated.

are you really trying rules lawyer a director? Really?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Have you read my participation metrics that I publish monthly? There are no pap requirements, but community engagement is a thing. If I publish requirements you are going to just connect your poo poo just to check a box. I'm doing the first purge of the corporation since the ESI purge.

This is essentially part 2 of the ESI purge of last April. I purposely waited until the second month of a war to give people an opportunity to connect and do things. It appears you will have to undergo the gross inconvenience of waiting a week before you can log in and bot or whatever the gently caress you are doing that doesn't involve interacting with others.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

are you really trying rules lawyer a director? Really?

He's not my director, I've been kicked out :shrug: I don't like voice chat, I don't even have a mic on my PC. If I have to go out and buy a mic and log into voice chat on the reg I'm not going to bother trying to get back in. I like eve more casual.

In other news, lol looks like newbies are going to lose out on their best revenue stream:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

He's not my director, I've been kicked out :shrug:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

He's not my director, I've been kicked out :shrug: I don't like voice chat, I don't even have a mic on my PC. If I have to go out and buy a mic and log into voice chat on the reg I'm not going to bother trying to get back in. I like eve more casual.

It's an "or", not an "and". Jabber or mumble. Had you logged into jabber or mumble at any point during the month of May or June OR had a paplink in the last 90 days, nothing would have happened. That's literally the criteria I'm applying whilst going down the list.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Rutibex posted:

In other news, lol looks like newbies are going to lose out on their best revenue stream:

Good news, Myrmidons were always better for low SP and a safer ROI.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

Good news, Myrmidons were always better for low SP and a safer ROI.

The best part of this purge? Guess what ship people in Rutibex's situation (not on jabber, not on mumble, no paps, but logged into eve in the last 24 hours) are flying 90% of the time?

You guessed it...

Vexor Navy Issue.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

It's an "or", not an "and". Jabber or mumble. Had you logged into jabber or mumble at any point during the month of May or June OR had a paplink in the last 90 days, nothing would have happened. That's literally the criteria I'm applying whilst going down the list.

There should only be one criteria for Goonwaffe membership "Does this person have a current Somethingawful.com forums membership" Yes/no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

The best part of this purge? Guess what ship people in Rutibex's situation (not on jabber, not on mumble, no paps, but logged into eve in the last 24 hours) are flying 90% of the time?

You guessed it...

Vexor Navy Issue.

and they won't be missed