Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

ZearothK posted:

https://www.owlbear.rodeo/ is relatively early in its development and lacks a lot of features from Foundry or Roll20, but works pretty well if all you want is to position tokens around a map and it definitely has the best map configuration tools of the virtual tabletops I've tried.

That's great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Yes (pbp on the forums though).

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Does anyone have any recommendations for solid (setting agnostic or just easy to disentangle from setting mechanics) mid-high fantasy supplements for Savage Worlds? Particularly anything with a potential corruption mechanic and/or adds more magical options would be good.

In essence I am thinking of running the system to a group that may have some potentially new(ish) to tabletop. The question of "Why don't I just run a high fantasy concept in 5e?" looms in the background but at the same time I just want to run something different, even if doing a functionally similar thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I know I barely post here anymore, but...

Merry Christmas, you goddamn nerds.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Merry Christmas, ya goddamn nerds!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Merry christmas to all of you. I love this forum and I love all the people that make it great, which is pretty much all of you.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Merry Christmas, folks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Mrs Splicer got me one of those things you roll in to stop your dice escaping and a portable dice tower.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Merry Christmas! This forum continues to be a place I love to (mostly) lurk.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah merry Christmas, nerds. Hope you got lots of nerd poo poo from Santa.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

SkySteak posted:

In essence I am thinking of running the system to a group that may have some potentially new(ish) to tabletop. The question of "Why don't I just run a high fantasy concept in 5e?" looms in the background but at the same time I just want to run something different, even if doing a functionally similar thing.

If you haven't checked out 13th Age, consider that. It does generic high fantasy, is not really any more complicated than 5e and is appreciably better designed, and has a fair amount of both official and fan written material.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Merry Christmas.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Merry Christmas and heart-felt congratulations!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

That Old Tree posted:

Merry Christmas.

Congratulations! That's a great baby right there! Also, I empathize, my kid was also born around Christmas. It's a lot, so best wishes and good luck.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Haystack posted:

Congratulations! That's a great baby right there! Also, I empathize, my kid was also born around Christmas. It's a lot, so best wishes and good luck.

Thanks! It's two babies!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

That Old Tree posted:

Thanks! It's two babies!

Two great babies!

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

That Old Tree posted:

Thanks! It's two babies!

As someone that just managed to sort of get the hang of having one baby: merry Christmas and congratulations! That is going to be a wild ride I reckon.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Congratulations on your Jesi

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
looks like that natural 20 exploded into a second crit! Congratulations!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

gradenko_2000 posted:

looks like that natural 20 exploded into
I thought this was going to go somewhere a bit more... biological

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Been playing Game of Thrones Risk with family but we are kind of sick of the random game ending element (Valar Morghulis card ends the game and you count the territories, castles and ports you control for 1 point each)

My sister suggested we play with some ASoIaF themed missions, what do you guys think of these https://pastebin.com/rHr06Y4w

e: game map

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 26, 2020

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Enjoy posted:

Been playing Game of Thrones Risk with family but we are kind of sick of the random game ending element (Valar Morghulis card ends the game and you count the territories, castles and ports you control for 1 point each)

My sister suggested we play with some ASoIaF themed missions, what do you guys think of these https://pastebin.com/rHr06Y4w

e: game map

Have you tried the GoT boardgame (2nd edition) it has a lot of the feel of what I like about risk, but really forces everyone to feel strained. It still has some random events, but also has competing cards rather than dice rolls. The game also ends on a set number of turns rather than randomly.
Though it does have the downside of houses not being evenly balanced.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Depending on your group The King's Dilemma might be up your alley. (Note : haven't played it ; just got it for Christmas and read the rules. But it reads well.)

Also we just got done doing a Boxing Day board game and day-drinking marathon and wow holy crap is Pandemic Legacy Season 0 some good poo poo. Plus it's cool to hang out with family and drink wine and be spies and eat pizza for like 7 hours. We're in September and due to some magic luck we still haven't lost once. poo poo gets loving crazy though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

For the new year could we perhaps change the forum-tagline of "Zack S is a rapist who poo poo his pants at gen-con" to literally anything else? Maybe something that'd make people want to click on our subforum? :ohdear:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mistaya posted:

For the new year could we perhaps change the forum-tagline of "Zack S is a rapist who poo poo his pants at gen-con" to literally anything else? Maybe something that'd make people want to click on our subforum? :ohdear:

Unfortunately, Zak S is still a rapist and continues to exist.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't fathom why that answer would still justify the subtitle

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imagine if TVIV, Debate and Discussion/CSPAM and CineD had subtitles calling out... *unfurls comically large scroll. the scroll is the jeffrey epstein black book and flight logs*

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is true, but his relevance has thankfully dropped considerably. There's certainly a time to crow at the worst of our dumb elfgame hobby, but maybe we could change it up on the subforum blurb?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Plutonis posted:

Imagine if TVIV, Debate and Discussion/CSPAM and CineD had subtitles calling out... *unfurls comically large scroll. the scroll is the jeffrey epstein black book and flight logs*

Or the one for wrestling had a Chris Benoit related subtitle or the comics one had a Gerard Jones related one

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I forgot that blurb was still there. Make suggestions and I'll get it changed. It's not a wrong message to send on it's own, but without context most goons won't know what it means and I agree we could send a positive message about our subforum anyway.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Extra bonus subtitle challenge: don't make it a dumb injoke.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Leperflesh posted:

I forgot that blurb was still there. Make suggestions and I'll get it changed. It's not a wrong message to send on it's own, but without context most goons won't know what it means and I agree we could send a positive message about our subforum anyway.

“Endlessly yelling about DnD 5e”
“Grognards but Goons... Goognards”
“Roll 2d6 to Post”

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It's a SA subforum heading so I think traditionally it's supposed to be either fully inscrutable or indelibly irritating. So either "Currently smoking: Chacom Atlas Taupe & Image Latakia" or "Well what alignment do YOU think Batman is?"

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

„Wake up, meeple!“

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mistaken Identity posted:

„Wake up, meeple!“

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your placements!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Rocks fall, everyone dies."
"I cast FIST!"
"Pens and Paper Optional"

mistaya fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 27, 2020

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It’s pronounced JŌB-lin

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
traditional games: there's also board games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Traditional Games: dare you enter our magical realm?