Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It is a loving sizzling hot take to call a Jewish veteran of World War II a Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This year, all takes will be 2018 degrees Celsius, the worse temperature measuring system.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

T-man posted:

This year, all takes will be 2018 degrees Celsius, the worse temperature measuring system.
worse than kelvin maybe but still not the worst system

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I only accept my temperature measurements in Réaumur scale

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

nerdz posted:

there's a 24h Livestream of Abbey road and it's basically tourists stopping in the middle of the road taking selfies while almost being run over by very angry local drivers

Try anticipating THAT poo poo in your traffic simulations, civic planners!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

Try anticipating THAT poo poo in your traffic simulations, civic planners!

It's a black swan!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

tumblr eating itself alive is always fun. that post isn't responding to criticisms of there not being marginalized people in Stan Lee's comics, it's responding to the very loving specific idea that characters should be redefined as marginalized now to be even more progressive. It's like splitting hairs to the nth degree just for teenage shipping.

The big criticism of Stan Lee is that he didn't give other people credit for working on things with him, especially notably Jack Kirby. Some people call it stealing, some people call it misattribution, but Lee didn't give others the credit they were due for sure. Note that that was a big problem in comics in general - Gil Kane only recently was officially noted as one of the creators of Batman, for example.

edit: And unless I missed something, all of the criticism is business stuff. He was a very loving shrewd businessman. Creatively, personally, no one has anything bad to say about him.

I mean he was lovely about women in a way that pretty typical of men of his time. But I don't think that's something that he needs to get dragged over in every eulogy, especially the ones by minorities talking about their own positive responses to the diversity in his work.

That will not be the case when Frank Miller goes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
That Stan Lee post is a little dumb, in that it tries to refute people's claims by giving him credit for a bunch of creative decisions that happened decades after he had any editorial control at Marvel. I'm sure Stan Lee liked Miles Morales, but he had nothing to do with creating him. There's a lot of stuff he DID do that was actually progressive for the 60s and 70s, especially in the white dude's club that was comics. A lot of it just doesn't sound as progressive now.

Everyone went through the major issues with Lee pretty well. He agreed to be the Walt Disney of Marvel, which overshadowed the legacies of people who were there at the beginning with him. I had actually forgotten Steve Ditko died a couple months ago because not much was said about it. Ditko was a lot more questionable as a person than Lee, but he's just as responsible for Spider-Man existing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Uhhhhhhh I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "environmentalists" are pretty keenly aware of the necessity behind forest burns.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I thought I recognised rainbowloliofjustice and then I remembered they’re the dweeb who starts pronouncements with “by loli decree”.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

TinTower posted:

I thought I recognised rainbowloliofjustice and then I remembered they’re the dweeb who starts pronouncements with “by loli decree”.

My eyes glazed over as soon as I saw the username, personally.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

AlbieQuirky posted:

It is a loving sizzling hot take to call a Jewish veteran of World War II a Nazi.

The Jews wanted to supress the Nazi's free speech, so who were the real Nazis?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

EvilGenius posted:

The Jews wanted to supress the Nazi's free speech, so who were the real Nazis?

makes u think

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Brawnfire posted:

Uhhhhhhh I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "environmentalists" are pretty keenly aware of the necessity behind forest burns.

We are! And we support controlled burns as a way to prevent uncontrollable burns.

The biggest problem was EVERYONE in the past didn't want forests to burn. Property owners, recreationalists, town councils, forestry workers, photographers, literally everyone who has any sort of stake in trees in any capacity. People want pretty forests with lots of life to personally enjoy, and they also want to maximize economic potential for lumber and pulp. Fire destructive, fire bad, fire threatens infrastructure, fire destroys forestry products, fire makes forests ugly. It's not a partisan issue. Many different types of people were invested in stopping fires at all costs.

It wasn't until recently that we learned how important fire is to forest ecology. And now it's extra tricky even doing controlled burns because of all the different factors that have led us to this mess. Shocking, I know, that there can be more than one reason for this! That seems to be too difficult for most of these "experts" pointing fingers at one factor and starting fights over petty politics.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
They're blaming environmentalist legislation in California for preventing dead trees and underbrush from getting removed. Sounds just like a smug "Checkmate, hippies" thing people who gave no shits about in the past can throw around to deflect from the effects of drought and global warming.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Panfilo posted:

They're blaming environmentalist legislation in California for preventing dead trees and underbrush from getting removed. Sounds just like a smug "Checkmate, hippies" thing people who gave no shits about in the past can throw around to deflect from the effects of drought and global warming.

You know if we'd clear cut all those trees they wouldn't be on fire now.

heh, owned libtard

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

There was a time when that wasn't true, actually. Then environmental science did, you know, some science poo poo and found out that gigantic forest fires are actually just a normal part of the lifecycle of some forests. Even in wet places where forests aren't prone to periodically burning down in their entirety the occasional blaze is perfectly normal. For a while though there was this weird view of "preserve natural places exactly as they are right now and don't let them change in any way at all." Except that there are things like certain kinds of things that literally only grow in a place where a certain other kind of thing burned down.

Life is weird, man.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Goddam, Julie, get 'im!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Man apologizes for yelling 'Heil Hitler, heil Trump' at 'Fiddler on the Roof' performance in Baltimore

quote:

“I was so insensitive. But I am not a racist, I am not anti-Semitic,” he said. “I feel so sorry for the fear and the people’s night that I ruined. I just wasn’t thinking at the time.”

Derlunas said he had consumed several glasses of wine at his hotel prior to attending the show, which contributed to his outburst.

“Any time you drink you lose all sense of reasoning,” he said, adding he rarely consumes alcohol. “That didn’t help my thinking one bit.”

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I worry about the kind of people that believe "Usually good people" just become mega-bigoted as soon as they've had a few like it's totally normal.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is "This isn't who I am" the center square of lovely apology bingo?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

GrandpaPants posted:

Is "This isn't who I am" the center square of lovely apology bingo?

As a lovely apologizer working through a 12 step program, that or "I'm sorry if anyone was offended."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you read the article, he says it was meant to be an anti-Trump statement that came out horribly wrong.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

chitoryu12 posted:

If you read the article, he says it was meant to be an anti-Trump statement that came out horribly wrong.

Huh; yeah I actually kinda get that. "Look how much like Hitler he is" gets read the wrong way without the right context.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yeah, except what does that have to do with Fiddler on the Roof?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, except what does that have to do with Fiddler on the Roof?

Roof-based (((musicians))).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Screaming Idiot posted:

Roof-based (((musicians))).

No, I get what being a neo-Nazi has to do with terrorizing people going to a Jewish musical, I just don't get why that guy thought anyone was interested in hearing whatever loving Trump views he might have.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I mean, who amongst us hasn't gotten liquored up and caused a panic at the theatre?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Volcott posted:

I mean, who amongst us hasn't gotten liquored up and caused a panic at the theatre?

I prefer to do my panic at the disco.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I prefer to do my panic at the disco.

Oh no. Did you not hear about the fire?

The taco bell is a total loss, too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Volcott posted:

Oh no. Did you not hear about the fire?

The taco bell is a total loss, too.

That's a shame to hear. We just need to live mas and heal, I guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-jacob-wohl-speaks-out-about-michael-avenattis-arrest-14645

Jacob Wohl decided to be a certified brain genius and give an interview about Avenatti’s arrest that seems to implicate him in a frame-up.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-jacob-wohl-speaks-out-about-michael-avenattis-arrest-14645

Jacob Wohl decided to be a certified brain genius and give an interview about Avenatti’s arrest that seems to implicate him in a frame-up.

If he keeps getting attention and no prison time for his antics, he's not going to stop.

That being said, this is an "exclusive" by the Krassensteins, known #Resistance grifters.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love the ongoing adventures of America’s smartest child.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, I get what being a neo-Nazi has to do with terrorizing people going to a Jewish musical, I just don't get why that guy thought anyone was interested in hearing whatever loving Trump views he might have.

The answer is alcohol. Apparently he was drunk as hell at the time and, well, yeah.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The answer is alcohol. Apparently he was drunk as hell at the time and, well, yeah.

Ah, yes, shitfaced drunk, the best way to appreciate a musical, I guess. :geno:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ah, yes, shitfaced drunk, the best way to appreciate a musical, I guess. :geno:

unironically so

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Girlfriends coworker/friend is this young chick, just turned 20, 8 or a 9 in anyone's book. Kinda tall, slim, real pretty. Virgin. Hasn't done poo poo. She was fooling around with the World's Most Patient Man but I think the most they did was maybe kiss. This has been going on for months. She asks gf for advice, has GOOGLED HOW TO MAKE OUT but is like especially nervous even though she's been told to just get it over with. WMPM gave her an ultimatum that if they dont do anything last time that was it, (dick move regardless, you dont give people ultimatums) and she was a wreck about it. So of course then tonight, posts the stereotypical basic pose with wine glass pic on IG with the caption, "thank you, next". smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

codo27 posted:

Girlfriends coworker/friend is this young chick, just turned 20, 8 or a 9 in anyone's book. Kinda tall, slim, real pretty. Virgin. Hasn't done poo poo. She was fooling around with the World's Most Patient Man but I think the most they did was maybe kiss. This has been going on for months. She asks gf for advice, has GOOGLED HOW TO MAKE OUT but is like especially nervous even though she's been told to just get it over with. WMPM gave her an ultimatum that if they dont do anything last time that was it, (dick move regardless, you dont give people ultimatums) and she was a wreck about it. So of course then tonight, posts the stereotypical basic pose with wine glass pic on IG with the caption, "thank you, next". smdh

Maybe you should stop concerning yourself with the love lives of underaged poultry. :shrug: