Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

shameful
https://www.google.com/maps/place/33+30%2752.5%22N+73+03%2733.2%22E/@33.5114211,73.0582244,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Valeyard posted:

jfc whatever chrome update I just got ruined the bookmark system, it was fine before

now its unusable

the new bookmarks ui was in the beta channel for a while; i kept expecting them to change it before it hit stable because it was literally unusable but nope. i'd say worksforme wontfix but i can't imagine something this user hostile actually working for anyone

classy

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 24, 2015

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Progressive JPEG posted:

ive always assumed that bookmarks in chome were intentionally terrible so that people would use search more instead

why else would they be hidden under 5 menus

they're not:confused:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Boxturret posted:

they're not:confused:

yeah exaggerating a bit but not by much

ff: bookmarks menu item to the right of address/search -> there they are
chrome: hamburger -> bookmarks -> "other bookmarks" (??) -> there they are

in order to open a bookmark in under 4 clicks you have to install a lovely extension that looks bad and usually doesnt work properly

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they're right along the top of the page when i open a new tab

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

next to my g+ status which is obv non-empty at all times

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what's g+

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its the thing that broke using + to add required terms to a google search

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

already removed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The Management posted:

already removed

no you just have to zoom in and out a bit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Boxturret posted:

no you just have to zoom in and out a bit

it's gone for me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

weird it was there when i made that post

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we've thoroughly established that google is poo poo, windows is poo poo and apple is poo poo

which is the least poo poo, because it definitely isn't apple (any more at least)

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Stymie posted:

we've thoroughly established that google is poo poo, windows is poo poo and apple is poo poo

which is the least poo poo, because it definitely isn't apple (any more at least)

the image with the browsers as school kids fighting, except Google and Apple are fighting and Microsoft is in the corner eating paste

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stymie posted:

linux

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stymie posted:

google is the most poo poo at everything and i guess ms and apple are the least poo poo at a couple of things each mayevb

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Stymie posted:

yospos bitch

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

Sprint + T-Mobile is better than either individually. There were even rumors of the two merging recently.

it wasnt a rumor sprint tried to purchase tmo and the fcc said lol no

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

qirex posted:

feedly allows logins from a bunch of different services it's the best rss reader, I even pay for pro some people like the old reader

the old reader was fine but now if you dont get pro they insert paid articles into your feed so i switched to feedly

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Progressive JPEG posted:

in order to open a bookmark in under 4 clicks you have to install a lovely extension that looks bad and usually doesnt work properly

shiift+cmd+b toggles the bookmark bar put them there and toggle when needed

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Progressive JPEG posted:

hamburger menus are a UI atrocity.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

LastInLine posted:

the old reader was fine but now if you dont get pro they insert paid articles into your feed so i switched to feedly

this Inoreader thing seems pretty good. gonna try it for a while.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LastInLine posted:

it wasnt a rumor sprint tried to purchase tmo and the fcc said lol no

also sprint had no real money to close the deal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

hamburger menus are a UI atrocity.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Stymie posted:

everything's coming up ubuntu!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

double whopper cheese, twister fries & a large coke pls

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

google maps is seriously one of the worst offenders with this poo poo, its impossible to quickly change settings in that pos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

the bottom-left one; is it very kawaii?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

lol

google maps is seriously one of the worst offenders with this poo poo, its impossible to quickly change settings in that pos

there's some shitwad HCI crowing about how "uncluttered" it is in charge of that

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

also sprint had no real money to close the deal

i mean well never but softbank mightve injected the cash to make it happen

wouldnt have mattered since sprint has how many loving networks now? they shuttered the iden network but they still have their cdma and like tri-band lte thing. is the wimax network still up? sure why the gently caress not pile on a gsm/edge network an hspa+ network and a lte in aws and some markets pcs that wont be a clusterfuck boondoggle or anything

really the fcc did them a favor by not saddling them with another five technologies theyd have to shutter and transition to their godawful patchwork of poo poo they call a telecom

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Beeftweeter posted:

lol

the app is bad enough but the web page is practically lovely ui performance art.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

ive always assumed that bookmarks in chome were intentionally terrible so that people would use search more instead

why else would they be hidden under 5 menus

the omnibox is also clearly designed to generate more Google queries instead of just doing what the user wants

Firefox supremacy.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

gigantic colored tiles that contain the URL text?

some sites randomly have branded overlay icons?

a Share button that's permanently disabled?

a search interface that doesn't actually search your bookmarks?

an Auto folders tab/whatever that does literally nothing?

right clicking on any UI element gives you the standard web page menu?

the JavaScript running the UI is checking if your browser is IE or Safari?

how did this ship?

there's a chrome://flags to turn this trash off, but I'm just going to continue with my 100% successful strategy of never using chrome

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shifty Pony posted:

the app is bad enough but the web page is practically lovely ui performance art.

which is sad because it used to actually be functional enough

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
everything google gets shitted up with features and rearrangement until it becomes terrible. it feels like there's no one there to tell the engineers when to stop

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Management posted:

everything google gets shitted up with features and rearrangement until it becomes terrible. it feels like there's no one there to tell the engineers when to stop

there was, but they "mysteriously" drowned in the ball pit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

there was, but they "mysteriously" died from working in a toxic dump

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

that's not mysterious at all, some Google engineer wunderkind knew more about HVAC than the untermensch phsyical plant staff and deliberately poisoned themselves

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

pseudorandom name posted:

that's not mysterious at all, some Google engineer wunderkind knew more about HVAC than the untermensch phsyical plant staff and deliberately poisoned themselves

not just themselves, everyone in that whole complex was possibly exposed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

GOOGLE!!!!

im logged into youtube and i can click add to favorites under a video and itll select my pseudonymous acct but when i then try to go to "my account" it sends me to my real name account which has no favorites. its impossible to select the one with the favorites

why must it be so hard

• Locked thread