Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's an anecdote I read about the 2008 war between Russia and Georgia. The Russians were shelling Gori, Stalin's hometown that also contained a statue of Stalin that had never been removed, so the Georgian forces hopped on the Russians' radio net and sarcastically gave them the coordinates to the statue, like "hey, while you're devastating the town ... would you mind targeting this location?"

In the event of the Texas Civil War of the future I'm making a mental note to do that when the Chud forces deploy their artillery in Stephenville or wherever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol why does chris kyle have a statue

rip this genius, took a vet with untreated ptsd and depression to a gun range and put a gun in his hand

you look at the statue and its like he took iwo jima single-handedly

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

lol why does chris kyle have a statue

rip this genius, took a vet with untreated ptsd and depression to a gun range and put a gun in his hand

you look at the statue and its like he took iwo jima single-handedly
He bravely shot black people from the roof of the Superdome except he made that up

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The Chris Kyle statue in whatever town is the most ridiculous garbage:

Does Disney know about the Punisher logo on the statues chest?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Odds this guy's daughter brings home a Af/Am boyfriend?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also hes planting an american flag but i thought republicans were against nation-building in iraq???? cant believe texans are celebrating a guy building a (((one world government)))

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

also hes planting an american flag but i thought republicans were against nation-building in iraq???? cant believe texans are celebrating a guy building a (((one world government)))
I'm not sure you're from Texas but here's a Texas story: a friend of mine went to see American Sniper, which is a good and misunderstood movie actually, and the guy next to him couldn't shut up during the previews talking about how he was a big Chris Kyle fan and that he bought a sniper rifle just like the one Chris Kyle had

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm not sure you're from Texas but here's a Texas story: a friend of mine went to see American Sniper, which is a good and misunderstood movie actually, and the guy next to him couldn't shut up during the previews talking about how he was a big Chris Kyle fan and that he bought a sniper rifle just like the one Chris Kyle had

I'm from San Antonio and a UT alum but moved out of Texas before he died and the movie came out and Kylemania became a thing.

I mean yeah he originally became famous because he was both apparently actually a superhuman sniper but more importantly was right into the second amendment gun-loving Trump-voter crowd so he was a cultural fellow of these folks and also literally everything they wanted to be.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 4, 2018

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

US 287 between Waxahachie and Mansfield is dubbed the Chris Kyle Memorial Highway.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
that Chris Kyle statue is in my hometown. iirc, the statue was originally better(if still retarded) until someone decided it needed to look like he was running from the gun range.

the plaque is even worse

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Father/husband

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone else get the feeling Lupe Valdez actually doesn't want to be governor? Because she's insanely bad at campaigning.

Shear Modulus posted:

Father/husband

two - achievement medals

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

duodenum posted:

Odds this guy's daughter brings home a Af/Am boyfriend?

Hey man, I live in Sugar Land with all them Asians and have me a Philipino wife, I ain't no racist!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

that Chris Kyle statue is in my hometown. iirc, the statue was originally better(if still retarded) until someone decided it needed to look like he was running from the gun range.

the plaque is even worse

Humanitarian! killed 100+ humans

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

the plaque is even worse

I can't believe they didn't include his kill count

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PostNouveau posted:

Humanitarian! killed 100+ humans

I see all these people like Cotton from King of the Hill.

"AH KILLED FITTY MEN!"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the plaque is even worse

It's my understanding they didn't get his decorations quite right.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

It's my understanding they didn't get his decorations quite right.

Well neither did he, so...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I'm not sure you're from Texas but here's a Texas story: a friend of mine went to see American Sniper, which is a good and misunderstood movie actually,

bzzzt

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Remember when Chris Kyle lied about his medals and some of his experiences in the military and the DoD was just like "ehhh he makes us look good" and retconned history by backing him up

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

My only experience with American Sniper

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Chris Kyle: The answer to, "what if Trump had been a sniper?"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

halokiller posted:

My only experience with American Sniper

I keep waiting for him to punt the baby doll.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/992476318846586882

You know Ted is in trouble when gets booed at a loving NRA convention

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/992476318846586882

You know Ted is in trouble when gets booed at a loving NRA convention

LYIN' TED

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/koltenparker/status/992495326903832576?s=21

:jerkbag:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm noticing the Beto bumper stickers multiplying rapidly out here in the burbs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Meh it's really a chick flick, and was made with enough conviction, which is the most I ask

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
:laffo: @ that Chris Kyle statue holy poo poo that's amazing

It's like they have him raising the flag while shooting random browns behind him

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
That kyle statue,based on the photograph is lacking symmetry.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
Bad night for Dems in Wilco. The 3 endorsed candidates for Cedar Park City Council lost, and the good candidate for Georgetown City Council lost by 18 votes. At least they were competitive. On the flip side there was a well-attended demonstration against the ICE detention facility in Taylor.

Badger of Basra posted:

Anyone else get the feeling Lupe Valdez actually doesn't want to be governor? Because she's insanely bad at campaigning.

Could be, hard to tell the difference between lack of enthusiasm and lack of competence.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sillyloquy posted:

Bad night for Dems in Wilco. The 3 endorsed candidates for Cedar Park City Council lost

Oh poo poo, what happened? I was around last year for the upsets; two women that I think were educators ousted two cop-endorsed pigmen. They did their victory party at the Dig Pub. Did these people lose or were they other places up for election?

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
It was the other 3 places up for election this year.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good read:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/06/most-unlikely-district-attorney-in-america-mark-gonzalez-218322

also the painting owns

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

this guy owns holy poo poo

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

That was an amazing read. I now understand the power of “I could have a best with him.” People want someone they can relate to and feel would look out for them. A tattooed dude who defended the little guy and wore a Dallas Cowboys jersey to his ceremony is seemingly better than the stuffy, stick up his rear end incumbent Democrat who talked about how his opponent was in a gang and had all of these tattoos. The way I see it, by painting Gonzalez in a negative light with such coded language, the incumbent might as well have been talking about his constituents.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BCBS of Texas is going to start charging people 100% if they go to an out-of-network emergency room for a problem that "isn't an emergency". I don't think it affects all BCBS customers, but check with your payroll department to see if you are affected.

I had a kidney stone last year and I went to Brackenridge, not knowing what was going on with me. Even with my insurance (BCBS), it cost me about a grand with all the copays and balance billing. And they did nothing for me besides provide me a bed to writhe around in pain on for a few hours. Kidney stones usually aren't life-threatening so does that mean I'd've been on the hook for all of it under this policy?

I don't think it's a good idea to have individuals with no medical training try to decide whether or not something is worth going to the ER because if it isn't, it's going to cost them thousands and thousands of dollars. "Better stay home, it's probably fine" *dies from easily preventable cause*

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

zoux posted:

BCBS of Texas is going to start charging people 100% if they go to an out-of-network emergency room for a problem that "isn't an emergency". I don't think it affects all BCBS customers, but check with your payroll department to see if you are affected.

I had a kidney stone last year and I went to Brackenridge, not knowing what was going on with me. Even with my insurance (BCBS), it cost me about a grand with all the copays and balance billing. And they did nothing for me besides provide me a bed to writhe around in pain on for a few hours. Kidney stones usually aren't life-threatening so does that mean I'd've been on the hook for all of it under this policy?

I don't think it's a good idea to have individuals with no medical training try to decide whether or not something is worth going to the ER because if it isn't, it's going to cost them thousands and thousands of dollars. "Better stay home, it's probably fine" *dies from easily preventable cause*

BCBS isn't the only one doing this. UHC, Cigna, and Aetna are doing similar things. You probably should have went to an urgent care first before you went to the ER. You should only go to the ER if they are having a "true" emergency(bleeding out, heart attack, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RisqueBarber posted:

BCBS isn't the only one doing this. UHC, Cigna, and Aetna are doing similar things. You probably should have went to an urgent care first before you went to the ER. You should only go to the ER if they are having a "true" emergency(bleeding out, heart attack, etc.)

And the layman in extreme pain who is experiencing something like a severe panic attack or food stuck in your esophagus that presents symptoms similar to a heart attack should decide if they're having a real emergency or not?