Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

KakerMix posted:

I read Twilight.

Ask me about being a tween vampire in highschool I know allllll about it

What's it like being a tween vampire in highschool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Does it... bite?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

JackBadass posted:

What's it like being a tween vampire in highschool?

I don't know poo poo about it because you can't learn nuances and feel of a place by reading a book you moron

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

KakerMix posted:

I don't know poo poo about it because you can't learn nuances and feel of a place by reading a book you moron
You can with the power of imagination!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

KakerMix posted:

Guess we don't have any idea what the old west was like then, or colonial times. Oh well.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Strudel Man posted:

You can with the power of imagination!

Imagination is a rare trait, apparently. Some people need everything spoon fed to them or else it's "bad writing".

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:stare:

Jesus Christ, this thread.

I hope you can mod the plasma and laser weapons to look at least a little like the classic styles.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

JackBadass posted:

EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG AND DUMB LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

HalfHazard posted:

Hihohe posted:

I hope the laser RCW is in this game what about you guys
That thing was the poo poo
Oh gently caress yes. I was always disappointed we didn't get a unique gimmick version that either had a ridiculous magazine size or worked like MicroFusion Hyperbreeder Alpha.

Also why was there no recharging shotgun unique for the Recharger Rifle that blew it's load all at once?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I was annoyed that they didn't have a perk for plasma weapons like they did lasers in New Vegas. I ended up switching to the tri-beam laser though for non-YCS scenarios.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

JackBadass posted:

Guess we don't have any idea what the old west was like then, or colonial times. Oh well.

When you have a long unbroken cultural chain to places sure it's easy to have ideas. What we (you and I) don't know is what it would be like to wake up and spend a day in the colonial times or the old west, no. Just surface details and aspects about the culture that we chose to remember. Throw in a cataclysmic, civilization-destroying event then you might lose a lot of the details along with your ~ideas~.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I wish there weren't so many Super Mutants in FO3.

Even with Shotgun Surgeon the Masters are the definition of bullet sponges.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

KakerMix posted:

When you have a long unbroken cultural chain to places sure it's easy to have ideas. What we (you and I) don't know is what it would be like to wake up and spend a day in the colonial times or the old west, no. Just surface details and aspects about the culture that we chose to remember. Throw in a cataclysmic, civilization-destroying event then you might lose a lot of the details along with your ~ideas~.

If only the in game universe had some way of explaining that unbroken link. Like, underground safes, but for people...

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

computer parts posted:

I wish there weren't so many Super Mutants in FO3.

Even with Shotgun Surgeon the Masters are the definition of bullet sponges.

The mutants are good. Just get the TTW mod that rebalances them to be less beefy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What's the chance of this song getting on the radio in FO4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgD7QtQUQTg

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

I was annoyed that they didn't have a perk for plasma weapons like they did lasers in New Vegas. I ended up switching to the tri-beam laser though for non-YCS scenarios.
I think part of that was due to plasma not having a ridiculous endgame like lasers with the Gat-Laser. There really needs to be a huge plasma cannon that spits out a big ball of green jizz in an arc like the Fat-Man.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Father Wendigo posted:

I think part of that was due to plasma not having a ridiculous endgame like lasers with the Gat-Laser. There really needs to be a huge plasma cannon that spits out a big ball of green jizz in an arc like the Fat-Man.

What about the plasma caster?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Which one of you is the Fot.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hey JackBadass could you use your gimmick of defending the shittiest parts of Fallout 3 to talk about Little Lamplight, curious to see what you come up with tia

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now I want a Plasma-thrower--just a flamethrower that spits a solid stream of plasma goo like a radioactive-napalm-hose.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

JackBadass posted:

If only the in game universe had some way of explaining that unbroken link. Like, underground safes, but for people...

Sorry guy but culture does not stop developing for any amount of time, let alone 200-300 years. A thousand people go into a vault for 200 years and a different culture with their own taboos, slang terms, mannerisms and developments come out. That poo poo happens on the daily.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you're wondering how culture advances and morphs
And other sociological facts
Just repeat to yourself
It's just a game
I should really just relax

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

JackBadass posted:

What about the plasma caster?
The Prazma Caster's a soid Tier 4; great damage, low blast radius, reasonable stats. But plasma is supposed to be 'the new poo poo' tech. We need something that splatters a pile of radioactive molten heat capable of dissolving a Corvega in under ten seconds. So basically a modified Tesla Cannon with hilarious splash damage and green spunky goodness that mandates a mod to remove those goddamned goo piles if you don't want your game to crash.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want a .357 revolver that shoots plasma bullets that ricochet off walls Ocelot-style.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

KakerMix posted:

Sorry guy but culture does not stop developing for any amount of time, let alone 200-300 years. A thousand people go into a vault for 200 years and a different culture with their own taboos, slang terms, mannerisms and developments come out. That poo poo happens on the daily.

If 200 years of evolving culture were enough to wipe out those things, Texas wouldn't exist anymore.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Funky Valentine posted:

If you're wondering how culture advances and morphs
And other sociological facts
Just repeat to yourself
It's just a game
I should really just relax

I'm just bitter because for a long time Tactics was the 'worst' Fallout. Tactics was (maybe still is) my favorite Fallout game, because it was my first (and also my friends and I would get together for LAN parties playing it) and when I was young I'd talk about it and jerks who played the ~real~ Fallouts picked on me :(

JackBadass posted:

If 200 years of evolving culture were enough to wipe out those things, Texas wouldn't exist anymore.

Your head is a neutron star wedged in the singularity of your butt

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Father Wendigo posted:

The Prazma Caster's a soid Tier 4; great damage, low blast radius, reasonable stats. But plasma is supposed to be 'the new poo poo' tech. We need something that splatters a pile of radioactive molten heat capable of dissolving a Corvega in under ten seconds. So basically a modified Tesla Cannon with hilarious splash damage and green spunky goodness that mandates a mod to remove those goddamned goo piles if you don't want your game to crash.

So like a firehose, but with plasma instead of water?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KakerMix posted:

I'm just bitter because for a long time Tactics was the 'worst' Fallout.
Wait, this changed at some point? Did Brotherhood of Steel win the neck-and-neck race?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Wait, this changed at some point? Did Brotherhood of Steel win the neck-and-neck race?

My favorite Fallout game is Bioshock 2.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

KakerMix posted:

Your head is a neutron star wedged in the singularity of your butt

And don't you forget it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Funky Valentine posted:

:(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Wolfsheim posted:

Hey JackBadass could you use your gimmick of defending the shittiest parts of Fallout 3 to talk about Little Lamplight, curious to see what you come up with tia

JackBadass posted:

"Children are reaching puberty and sexually maturing earlier and earlier; in cases of precocious puberty--even younger. In the 1800's, the average child reached puberty by 14. By the 1900's, the age dropped to 12.75 years. If we continue along this trajectory, children would be achieving sexual maturity at a median age of 8.5 when Fallout 3 takes place.

"Now, in Little Lamplight, MacReady tells us that children germinate into Mungos and are summarily excised from the town at the age of 16. That means that the average Little Lamplight citizen has almost eight years to reproduce before being ostracized to 'Big Town'. Think about that: Literally half of their life in Little Lamplight is in estrus.

"You would have to be a simpleton to still have difficulty answering the tired question, 'how do they reproduce?' and 'where do all of the Little Lamplight children come from?'

"Now, regarding the plywood defenses that protect the children from nearby Slaver and Super Mutant encampments, I would like to refer to a scene from the Goonies where the children..."

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

JackBadass posted:

So like a firehose, but with plasma instead of water?

That'd be the previously mentioned short-range "melee but with guns energy weapons" option; powerful, but requiring the user to be at the 'indoor voice' range with the target. The long-range 'either aim correctly or you kill yourself' monster I was talking about is firing a gigantic glob of green ejaculate that's converting 10-20 MF cells of viridian man-milk into a virile mini-nuke.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Father Wendigo posted:

blah blah blah blah blah blah ejaculate blah blah blah blah man-milk blah blah blah mini-blah.

I'm very erect right now. Go on.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

I'm just bitter because for a long time Tactics was the 'worst' Fallout. Tactics was (maybe still is) my favorite Fallout game, because it was my first (and also my friends and I would get together for LAN parties playing it) and when I was young I'd talk about it and jerks who played the ~real~ Fallouts picked on me :(

They where right to pick on you, Fallout Tactics sucks.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

One of the women there is mentally ill and believes she's a normal housewife in Pre-War America, a culture she would have zero knowledge of or experience with as a benighted wasteland peasant with no food or water.

Except she doesn't act like an actual housewife, she acts like a lunatic under the delusion of being a housewife. How is that any different than someone today acting like they are the reincarnation of Napoleon or something? I mean this woman had parents, and those people had parents, who where presumably alive in pre-war America. Some portion of that culture would be passed on, enough that she could construct her delusion. The rest she could pick up from Enclave radio.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

KakerMix posted:

Like how Road Rash 64 was my only road rash game and I loved it. Yet it appears to be "the worst road rash" and people pretend it doesn't exist.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Except she doesn't act like an actual housewife, she acts like a lunatic under the delusion of being a housewife. How is that any different than someone today acting like they are the reincarnation of Napoleon or something? I mean this woman had parents, and those people had parents, who where presumably alive in pre-war America. Some portion of that culture would be passed on, enough that she could construct her delusion. The rest she could pick up from Enclave radio.

I tried this already. It didn't work.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

I mean this woman had parents, and those people had parents, who where presumably alive in pre-war America.

Two hundred years is pretty impressive for 3 total generations.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Like how Road Rash 64 was my only road rash game and I loved it. Yet it appears to be "the worst road rash" and people pretend it doesn't exist.

More like Diaper Rash 69. Know what I mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

JackBadass posted:

I'm very erect right now. Go on.
After all the work I done?!

Motherfucker you better bring us home or you ain' even gettin' the complimentary tug. :mad:

• Locked thread