Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is there a link to VOD or youtube for Catherine top 8? Can't find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

On the NRS side of post-evo, noted crazy person Tom Brady had some sort of meltdown and now says he quits MK.

Hopefully when he inevitably comes back we can get another one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyo8cKGUayw

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is there a link to VOD or youtube for Catherine top 8? Can't find it

Full Atlus stream is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa/b/678732703

I'm not sure where top 8 starts, but you can jump in at somewhere around the three hour mark and start catching the good matches. Grand Finals starts at 5:11.

The best part just might be listening to Dacidbro gush about how great Catherine is. The dude just loves the game so much. :unsmith:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Suspicious Cook posted:

The best part just might be listening to Dacidbro gush about how great Catherine is. The dude just loves the game so much. :unsmith:

I'm impressed by the fact that he and whoever else actually spent serious time working out a lot of little things about catherine's multiplayer mode. Like blue sheep always winning in a crumple situation, or there's a way to make Inquisition unwinnable for a given player. It's such a bizarre but admirable dedication to a really small part of a much larger game and I know a lot of my friends wouldn't even be aware that Catherine HAD a two player mode if he wasn't so into showing it to as many people as he can.

kinda just makes me sad that competitive catherine is only really a small thing some people do in america because I'm right there on the "Catherine is amazing" bandwagon but I will probably never play it with other people.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

pineapple3k posted:

Haha I don't know if anyone else saw this, but they just showed the woshige early popoff on ESPN sportscenter. Never thought I would see that.

We made it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

In case anyone missed that moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8oHukH_pE

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

look how happy everybody is

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

I need the video version of this very badly

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

WDIIA posted:

I need the video version of this very badly

https://youtu.be/sNaL-X1KnNw

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

The FGC is now officially E-sports as gently caress

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Fighting games truly are the universal language.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
EEEEEEEEE SPORTS
http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/video-games-street-fighter-evo-fighting-games-momochi-gamerbee-072015

I'm the stock joystick photo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mr E posted:

Fighting games truly are the universal language.

one of those japanese fighting games

even espn knows fuckin' ANIMU when it sees it

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Dias posted:

one of those japanese fighting games

even espn knows fuckin' ANIMU when it sees it

The best is when the cut scene super starts up and the look on their faces is so clearly "are you loving kidding me with this nerd poo poo"

E: Also crowd video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF63dF88kqk

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just got back to land of internet. Been catching up on vids, but where can I find Catherine tournament play? Not on YouTube and I'm not searching Twitch correctly...I think.

(USFIV Loser's Finals was too tense)

EDIT: v Thanks. My reading incomprehension is too stronk, sorry.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 21, 2015

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

Full Atlus stream is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa/b/678732703

I'm not sure where top 8 starts, but you can jump in at somewhere around the three hour mark and start catching the good matches. Grand Finals starts at 5:11.

From further up this very page, but I guess reading is too hard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

VigilantePrime posted:

From further up this very page, but I guess reading is too hard.
Don't be a dick.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Anime fighting games on ESPN? :aaa:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

The struggle is over?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The struggle is over...and then you leave the bag with all your money lying unattended.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Catherine has bypassed YoCo for new esports craze. I am happy but also a little sad

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
What's YoCo?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

it is posted:

What's YoCo?

The better question is when's YoCo?

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Oh, it's Yoshi's Cookie.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
it is

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

pineapple3k posted:

Haha I don't know if anyone else saw this, but they just showed the woshige early popoff on ESPN sportscenter. Never thought I would see that.

Here it is https://vimeo.com/134095412

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

I find this interesting because that clip would be completely meaningless to a big chunk of their viewership. Most people, regardless of whether or not they follow a sport, can understand a really impressive athletic achievement. But how do you explain to the old dude who plays no video games how to read the current score of the round, how to tell which character is being played by which person, or how to understand that the guy popped off too early and his opponent was able to capitalize on it? It's pretty cool that they threw us a bone like that; I hope they get better practiced at explaining what is going on if they show video game clips again.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I dunno early celebrations getting hilariously dunked on happen in every sport. Easy sell for an unknowledgeable crowd.

Trying to compress something like SF Top 8 into a news clip that's both short and understandable is a bigger challenge.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bifuteki streaming a recording of the US vs Japan 4v4 in Marvel

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

it is posted:

I find this interesting because that clip would be completely meaningless to a big chunk of their viewership. Most people, regardless of whether or not they follow a sport, can understand a really impressive athletic achievement. But how do you explain to the old dude who plays no video games how to read the current score of the round, how to tell which character is being played by which person, or how to understand that the guy popped off too early and his opponent was able to capitalize on it? It's pretty cool that they threw us a bone like that; I hope they get better practiced at explaining what is going on if they show video game clips again.

pretty easy to tell that the guy who is celebrating early gets beat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lord Chumley posted:

pretty easy to tell that the guy who is celebrating early gets beat

Also, Hellpockets going full JR is funny both if you know exactly what happened or if you think playing videogames in a tournament is a stupid thing.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
Why do so many players not know how to celebrate without looking awkward as hell?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bobby2times posted:

Why do so many players not know how to celebrate without looking awkward as hell?

It's a video game competition

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

bobby2times posted:

Do you mean Ogawa's celebration? He was clearly doing a mock celebration.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tae posted:

Do you mean Ogawa's celebration? He was clearly doing a mock celebration.
except that is the exact same thing he does when he wins the tournament.

nerds uncoordinated and awkward, such is life. they can't all be stone cold kenneth bradley

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bobby2times posted:

Video game nerds are not looked on very favorably by society and are pressed to have low self esteem, so they probably rarely have a reason worth celebrating

Sorry, you wanted a funny answer?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CrashCat posted:

Video game nerds are not looked on very favorably by society and are pressed to have low self esteem, so they probably rarely have a reason worth celebrating

Sorry, you wanted a funny answer?

Aww. :smith:

That and you can't win, if you pop off like an actual sportsball dude people say you're trying too hard, if you do the contained thing you just look awkward, if you fall down and become a living katamari...well, that one worked out okay.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also, professional athletes have given themselves serious, career-threatening injuries from celebrating too hard, imagine what could happen to people who haven't stretched since they were playing with their armstrong doll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwmcDe-Ni4

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Rather than making fun of the JP player's weak popoff be amazed that the JP players are popping off at all. Americans should be held to a different standard as the average American spends 10 minutes working on their popoffs for every 60 minutes in training mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

also, professional athletes have given themselves serious, career-threatening injuries from celebrating too hard, imagine what could happen to people who haven't stretched since they were playing with their armstrong doll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwmcDe-Ni4

Well, you did link a baseball case there, so it's pretty much an one-for-one simulation for "cyber athletes" too. poo poo'd be grizzy.

• Locked thread